Sign in to follow this  
BoA

Your ideal PC to play ARMA?

I'm wondering whether this PC can make ARMA REALLY fly. I mean, set everything to "very high" and distance to 5000m (2500m is also OK) with a fps of about 100.

CPU: AMD Athlon FX-57

GPU: 8800GTX (*2, if necessary)

RAM: 4G

How about your ideal PCs to play ARMA? smile_o.gif

If anyone spent that kind of money just to play games, I would call them a serious asshole biggrin_o.gif

Seriously, ArmA should fly with that rig. It works perfectly well on mine, and my rig is a "low end" one:

Athlon 64 3500+

2GB RAM

Radeon 800 GT overclocked to Radeon 850 Pro + speeds

Audigy 2 ZS

I got a new PC because Dark Messiah run crap on my old PC. Now it runs fine, and ArmA will fly on this one :

Amd64 3800+ x2

2 Gig

XFX 8800GTS

To bad i still have to wait until q1 2007

I was doing some testing for SP last night and I jacked up all quality settings to their max and put the visual distance to 2500m and on my machine still had a rock solid 25-30fps..

3400+

2gig ddr400

7800gt 256meg

sound blaster audiogy x gamer.

Hello,

First of all, guess this isn't the right place to post/ask this, so feel free to move it (though BI didn't really followed Offtopic-PC hardware topic and ArmA troubleshooting topic was a bit wrong for it).

Anyway, since i'm looking for hardware for my new pc, i came at the sound card. I've suggested to upgrade (currently audigy2) to X-Fi card as it should be better and give some performence.

BUT since the serie comes in several versions (with or without X-Ram) i was wondering if ArmA does support X-Ram use.

At moment i'm looking for the creative X-Fi Gamer Fatal1ty prof. card and the think that is better then the other ones is it has 64Mb X-Ram onboard (other lower versions not). This should give a performence boots as the board loads sound (64mb) as on the ithers HD and ram needs to be adressed. All nice and good, BUT does ArmA really support this feature: X-Ram. Apperently the game needs to support it as otherwise this is a useless feature i guess. So any comment from the devs would be much appreciated.

Beside that i was wondering if there is already some news regarding the hardware accelerator use. Apperently a lot of users are having problems with the sound and turning hardware accelerator on the card seams to help it confused_o.gif . Not sure if this is a dev. problem of BI or a problem of the cards dev (i read creative made a patch or somethign for Doom etc..so i wonder).

Sorry for the Q's, but i'm up to spend lots of money for my new rig, but only if i don't trow money on something that doesn't pay off whistle.gif .

Kind regards.

I'm wondering whether this PC can make ARMA REALLY fly. I mean, set everything to "very high" and distance to 5000m (2500m is also OK)  with a fps of about 100.

CPU: AMD Athlon FX-57

GPU: 8800GTX (*2, if necessary)

RAM: 4G

OS  : Vista

How about your ideal PCs to play ARMA? smile_o.gif

FX-57 is an overpriced piece of crap and I don't see how vista could make it run faster. wink_o.gif

Could you say what resolution you are running at ?

My current PC has no hope (AMD2400, Radeon 9800) so it's upgrade time...

My monitor is native 1920 x 1200 so I'd like to run at this res with high detail. Is a 'non-uber' PC (core duo E6600, 2x radeon 1950 pro) going to handle it ?

I'd be grateful to hear from anyone who's running at similar resolutions in high detail - what specs do you have and what fps do you typically see ?

Thanks,

mac

FX-57 is an overpriced piece of crap and I don't see how vista could make it run faster. wink_o.gif

Under DX10... you never know wink_o.gif .

I've got a

PIV 3.4 gig

2 Gig 533mhz RAM

Asus Mainboard

110 gig WD HD (7200 rpm)

ATI X800 Pro 256 meg

Apple 23" Cinema Display (1900 x 1200 native resolution)

I think mine will run Arma just fine  yay.gif  wink_o.gif

Under DX10... you never know wink_o.gif .

They made arma for DX10? That's new.

The thing is, X-Ram support is in openAL, and it should be possible to enable it, but the problem is that I have no idea how well bis know how to use openAL, there are some oddities in arma when it comes too the sound...

I bought myself the very same audio card 2 weeks ago, and even though x-ram support is low noow, I believe that creatiive will make it big in the future.

I just bought a

- Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz 4mb

- ATI Radion X1950XTX 512MB GDDR4

- ABIT AW9D-MAX

- Corsair Twinx 2048MB PC2-6400 DDR2 800 MHz

but I don't have ArmA yet, I'm dying to play it on my new rig.

I just bought a

- Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz 4mb

- ATI Radion X1950XTX 512MB GDDR4

- ABIT AW9D-MAX

- Corsair Twinx 2048MB PC2-6400 DDR2 800 MHz

but I don't have ArmA yet, I'm dying to play it on my new rig.

I only had change the x1959XTX to a 8800GTS , and thats a very nice config.

Hello,

Anyway, since i'm looking for hardware for my new pc, i came at the sound card. I've suggested to upgrade (currently audigy2) to X-Fi card as it should be better and give some performence.

BUT since the serie comes in several versions (with or without X-Ram) i was wondering if ArmA does support X-Ram use.

At moment i'm looking for the creative X-Fi Gamer Fatal1ty prof. card and the think that is better then the other ones is it has 64Mb X-Ram onboard (other lower versions not). This should give a performence boots as the board loads sound (64mb) as on the ithers HD and ram needs to be adressed. All nice and good, BUT does ArmA really support this feature: X-Ram. Apperently the game needs to support it as otherwise this is a useless feature i guess. So any comment from the devs would be much appreciated.

Beside that i was wondering if there is already some news regarding the hardware accelerator use. Apperently a lot of users are having problems with the sound and turning hardware accelerator on the card seams to help it  confused_o.gif . Not sure if this is a dev. problem of BI or a problem of the cards dev (i read creative made a patch or somethign for Doom etc..so i wonder).

Very good question indeed, prices differences range from 50-100+ euro so I think it deserves a good arma related answer.

I dont care if other games support it (or will in the future), I plan to play mainly Arma!

I hope someone can give some feedback about this.

[edit]Changed my writing a bit to make more sense wink_o.gif

My system specs are,

Intel core 2 duo extreme X6800 (2.933Hghz,4MB)

Asus P5N32-Sli SE deluxe mobo

4GB DDR2 900Mhz ram

2X 1GB nvidia geforce 7950 GX2 Sli configs (yes thats 4 GPUs)

SB X-Fi fatality FPS

20" widescreen TFT

My only main concern is that Flashpoint didn't run at very high settings even on todays machines. I know Arma is supposed to be a more optimized engine of flashpoint but will i be able to get the best out of my gpus.

Ps @Zombie_Mod

I must be a serious asshole, as i purchased this system for one game only and yes it's Arma...That's how much i love flashpoint and i know i'll love Arma. It will be worth every penny imho.... biggrin_o.gif

i got an athlon 64 3000+ and a x1900xt with 512mb gpu memory and 1 gig of ram ... ~3549 points in 3dmark06 ... since ive read in here that arma is a game whose perfomance depends much on the graphiccard i trully hope its really so ... so anybody has a similar system ??

I'd go with Mr Reality's PC, but in stead of the 2x GeForce 7950GX2, having 2x GeForce 8800GTX.

Absolutely, it will rock any game out there.

Of course running under Windows XP. Vista is not yet optimized to play Windows XP games.

Geez mister_Reality that rig is able to run ArmA...twice! smile_o.gif

Anyway here's my rig, bought it to be able to play the newest games again, including oblivion, MTWII and ArmA.

Athlon 4600+ x2

GF 7950GT 512 MB

2GB DDR2 Ram

I need a new soundcard though.

I don't think it's of much use to anybody to have people posting their specs here, and then claim that they "think" or "hope" ArmA will run fine of it, once they get it...

It *would* be useful though, to see specs of people who actually own ArmA, and tell us how it runs on their different configurations.

I don't think it's of much use to anybody to have people posting their specs here, and then claim that they "think" or "hope" ArmA will run fine of it, once they get it...

It *would* be useful though, to see specs of people who actually own ArmA, and tell us how it runs on their different configurations.

I actually read the thread title before i post. And my post included my ideal rig to play armed assault. The title of this thread is not "This is my rig and this is how armed assault runs on it". icon_rolleyes.gif

I am running Intel core2 Duo 6700, 2 gigs ram, ATI x1900xtx, 4 x 200 gig hdd. My settings are on full and it runs smooth like a babies bum.

I am running Intel core2 Duo 6700, 2 gigs ram, ATI x1900xtx, 4 x 200 gig hdd. My settings are on full and it runs smooth like a babies bum.

not in forest. neither in 1600x1200 .

I have tested it on 3 machines running good on them

Athlon X2 4600+

7950 GT

2gb Ram

Audigy Platnium EXT

Athlon X2 4600+

7950 GT

2gb Ram

SB Audigy 2 ZS Plat EXT

Main Rig

2 x 250 Opterons

7950gx2

4gb Ram

SB Xifi Plat EXT

Hmmm i am not sure about that but you are probably right, running on 1280X1024 and to be dead honest, i have not done so much running in the forest smile_o.gif