Sign in to follow this  
Sen†ry ˛°°ł

Tiberian Genesis Mod

welcome.gif all!

I think some of you guys know us... our mod was for OFP, and now for Armed Assault! atm we have worked a bit for ArmA, like some tests with our models and textures.

Here some progress reports

http://www.tiberian-genesis.com/content/tg_mod_aa_pics.rar

how i have said, they are just tests... what do you guys think about it? And what do you think about these textures? "on the vulcan cannon and on the green tiberium" is it good? is it bad? is it sh** or what ever nener.gif

pls answer! thx

ltrs

Sen†ry ˛°°ł

Those are pretty cool.  The soldier models have a ways to go (the soldiers are all girls?  Or have they been neutered, lol).

I've never played Command and Conquer, but the models are certainly of very high quality.  The building looks like it's going to be the worst to tezxture though.  Maybe bringing it up into simpler pieces would be better for LOD issues, as well as texturing.

The Vulcan-type cannon looks pretty good, but there doesn't appear to be much shadowing on the model for some reason?  Or is it just me.

The Tiberium crystals look pretty cool, kinda like green energon from the Beast Wars Transformers  wink_o.gif

Although I would see if you could try to make the crystal part of the model translucent, so you can see thru to the otherside.  That'd be really neat.  And then skin it like the water is skinned, so you'd still be able to see thru it, but with a brighter green.

Also look at teh Humvee windows as well for another example of translucent models.

-Christopher

Those are pretty cool. The soldier models have a ways to go (the soldiers are all girls? Or have they been neutered, lol).

I've never played Command and Conquer, but the models are certainly of very high quality. The building looks like it's going to be the worst to tezxture though. Maybe bringing it up into simpler pieces would be better for LOD issues, as well as texturing.

The Vulcan-type cannon looks pretty good, but there doesn't appear to be much shadowing on the model for some reason? Or is it just me.

The Tiberium crystals look pretty cool, kinda like green energon from the Beast Wars Transformers wink_o.gif

Although I would see if you could try to make the crystal part of the model translucent, so you can see thru to the otherside. That'd be really neat. And then skin it like the water is skinned, so you'd still be able to see thru it, but with a brighter green.

Also look at teh Humvee windows as well for another example of translucent models.

-Christopher

biggrin_o.gif The soldiers are just from OFP, we will redo the human body, or we will take the human body from arma...

about the tiberium..

Ok, i will take a look about that... i think i will do just this texture a bit more transparent, like "alpha textures" so you can see trough it.

Thanks for that reply! is usefull for us

Sentry

Hmm..well the tiberium looks like it grows out of the ground and is more accurate now,the buildings look accurate and great,not to mention HUGE which I like,fits the TS timeline,GDI and Nod soldiers match up from what was shown in the cutscenes however I cannot help but ask,is the part where the kneepad sinks really relevant to model? Keep in mind these are infantry models and if you want lots of infantry battles your going to have to sacrifice some of the minor less noticeable details. Heres what I would suggest if your open for them.

The kneepads do not need to have a drop modelled into them,a simple cylinder with a flat top would do,let the textures take care of the part that "comes out"

Pouches,keep but do not keep in the detail you currently have them in,from looking at earlier images and this I can see the lining of the top of the pouches and their buttons. Easier to see here. http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics3/tiberianbl3.jpg A good detail but it would be better to let texturing handle this,its not really going to be noticeable in 3D.

Leg straps/arm straps,same as above,a good detail however texturing would better do this,not to mention it would give an easier time of possible collisions between the leg and straps.

GDI disruptor- Great model but alittle overdetailed if you know what I mean,the GDI logo doesn't really need to be modelled,it would be easier on the PC and the logo would be more round if done by texturing. Headlights,unless they stick out alot and don't sink intot he vehicle,why not just make them a texture? Segments of armor over the treads,I'm not quite sure what this is for but it would sae you a hell of alot of faces to just make this part one section rather than four or so.

Don't get me wrong,the models are terrific but not the type that would fit too well for massive infantry battles. You can get away with more on a vehicle and buildings than you can with infantry,even moreso on ariel vehicles.

Hmm..well the tiberium looks like it grows out of the ground and is more accurate now,the buildings look accurate and great,not to mention HUGE which I like,fits the TS timeline,GDI and Nod soldiers match up from what was shown in the cutscenes however I cannot help but ask,is the part where the kneepad sinks really relevant to model? Keep in mind these are infantry models and if you want lots of infantry battles your going to have to sacrifice some of the minor less noticeable details. Heres what I would suggest if your open for them.

The kneepads do not need to have a drop modelled into them,a simple cylinder with a flat top would do,let the textures take care of the part that "comes out"

Pouches,keep but do not keep in the detail you currently have them in,from looking at earlier images and this I can see the lining of the top of the pouches and their buttons. Easier to see here. http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics3/tiberianbl3.jpg A good detail but it would be better to let texturing handle this,its not really going to be noticeable in 3D.

Leg straps/arm straps,same as above,a good detail however texturing would better do this,not to mention it would give an easier time of possible collisions between the leg and straps.

GDI disruptor- Great model but alittle overdetailed if you know what I mean,the GDI logo doesn't really need to be modelled,it would be easier on the PC and the logo would be more round if done by texturing. Headlights,unless they stick out alot and don't sink intot he vehicle,why not just make them a texture? Segments of armor over the treads,I'm not quite sure what this is for but it would sae you a hell of alot of faces to just make this part one section rather than four or so.

Don't get me wrong,the models are terrific but not the type that would fit too well for massive infantry battles. You can get away with more on a vehicle and buildings than you can with infantry,even moreso on ariel vehicles.

Hi xnodunitx

you are full exactly right! and we know these arguments biggrin_o.gif These details on the models are later for the textures, like bump mapping etc, we do a high poly model, and a low poly model. and later if the textures are finished on the high poly model we put it on the low poly model and then the low poly model looks like the high poly model :P

sry my english isnt so good, hope you have understood it crazy_o.gif

Sentry

Would love to help you guys out.. esp with making some "maps", if Bis release their sdk stuff soon.

or make something else.. what you guys use for communication in the team, msn, irc, forum, skype?

Would love to help you guys out.. esp with making some "maps", if Bis release their sdk stuff soon.

or make something else.. what you guys use for communication in the team, msn, irc, forum, skype?

That would be nice, we are currently searching members notworthy.gif

mostly members what can do normal maps n' bump maps... difficult to find crazy_o.gif

communication is with MSN, Email or ICQ.... but atm i have got a little prob with my PC, like with my MSN, it wont start because my Internet Explorer is down, and it wont accept Firefox as standard browser for the MSN messenger mad_o.gif

so atm the contacts to me are only over the forum, ICQ or email...

-Sentry

Normal maps difficult? All you do is make a whole new layer of everything that you want to be normal mapped together,then apply the height map to ONLY that layer. Some parts can be tricky yes,but thats usually in making a 2D tire look 3D with having an indention in it to make it appear round while the model has it flat on the outside.

Definatly the most detailed Orca I'v seen,kind of throws CNC Reborns out the window..Although you may want to make the teeth seperate and the mouth a bit wider,perhaps add the camo pattern,thats all I can think of currently thats missing really.

300px-ORCA_Fighter.jpg

But ya got the dirty look done excellent.

But I'd have to say it needs to be edited or remapped,parts just don't flow together :s

Definatly the most detailed Orca I'v seen,kind of throws CNC Reborns out the window..Although you may want to make the teeth seperate and the mouth a bit wider,perhaps add the camo pattern,thats all I can think of currently thats missing really.

But ya got the dirty look done excellent.

But I'd have to say it needs to be edited or remapped,parts just don't flow together :s

hehe thanks :P

you have to know, its just a test with the old textures from OFP. We dont have the tools for doing normal maps etc atm... BIS havent released it sad_o.gif

And we are currently searching members that can do normal mapping and skins help.gifhelp.gif

Sen†ry ˛°°ł

Understood smile_o.gif

Though by mapping I didn't necessarily mean normal maps,I meant moreso UV map,an example would be.

map1wx1.jpg

map2yp3.jpg

Which would result in

map3uc7.jpg

map4hb5.jpg

Not necessarily the most clean wrapping I'v done but this is a low detail model so its not really important. But thats what I mean,UV,not normal map,by doing UV mapping you know where pieces are much easier,are easier to organize and find and usually if done right,a more effect and less time consuming when it comes to the texturing process.

Understood smile_o.gif

Though by mapping I didn't necessarily mean normal maps,I meant moreso UV map,an example would be.

Not necessarily the most clean wrapping I'v done but this is a low detail model so its not really important. But thats what I mean,UV,not normal map,by doing UV mapping you know where pieces are much easier,are easier to organize and find and usually if done right,a more effect and less time consuming when it comes to the texturing process.

Ok understood too biggrin_o.gif

Thx for this! it is very useful! inlove.gif

Sentry

Your welcome smile_o.gif If you wish,add me to your msn,PM me first and I'll tell you the adress,and I'll help you with the mapping method,tell you how its done and give pointers and whatnot. That T-62 isn't the best I'v done but it works.

Your welcome smile_o.gif If you wish,add me to your msn,PM me first and I'll tell you the adress,and I'll help you with the mapping method,tell you how its done and give pointers and whatnot. That T-62 isn't the best I'v done but it works.

Thx... I will when i have got my new pc, because on this one here i got horrible bugs, and cant work seriously, example : Adobe Photoshop wont work, dunno why crazy_o.gif

Need a new PC anyway, so, i will PM you if i got the new one and if I need your help. Thx nodunit... Brotherhood of NOD whistle.gif

Sentry tounge2.gif

New Update.... modified the GUI Menus in Arma... just take a look, hope you like it!

GDI

menu_gdi_s.jpg

NOD

menu_nod_s.jpg

You see i have wrote there a little text at down-left side, like change to GDI, or change to NOD... this means that it is possible that you can change to this style what you want, but it is still under work, so its just WIP!

And we are the first which have modified that menu and with that choice of changing the menus itself yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Hope you guys like it whistle.gif

Sentry

@Xonudix, for the tank you should use unfolding for the turret.

@Sentry. you have 2 ways to create a normal map.

1- with photoshop, you draw all the details with black, white, grey, colors, it's a bump mapping, but to have the normal map you just need to use a plugin for photoshop made by Nvidia.

2- the 2 models (low and high polys), if you have a modern 3d program, you can do that easily. you don't need the BIS tools.

wink_o.gif

Woulda made the turret better in the unwrapping but as I said,low detail,meaning maybe 700 faces at max,only purpose is ta be existant but to be able to have so many of it,ideas for MAS type missions ya might say.

@Xonudix, for the tank you should use unfolding for the turret.

@Sentry. you have 2 ways to create a normal map.

1- with photoshop, you draw all the details with black, white, grey, colors, it's a bump mapping, but to have the normal map you just need to use a plugin for photoshop made by Nvidia.

2- the 2 models (low and high polys), if you have a modern 3d program, you can do that easily. you don't need the BIS tools.

wink_o.gif

Sure but we need the BIS tools to get those textures on the model confused_o.gif

But thanks for your help!

Hope they will come soon, like xmas or new year xmas_o.gifinlove.gif

Sentry

yeah, but if you have 3ds max, you can also see the final result wink_o.gif

i also hope to see near the christmas tree the BIS tools tounge2.gif

Also alot nicer having it done through 3Dmax...no need to break the model up and risk unecessary tampering and screwing up..say..Paradox is part of your team correct? If she is then maybe you should ask her to do some max UV mapping,its not really difficult,if I can do it then surely she can.

Also alot nicer having it done through 3Dmax...no need to break the model up and risk unecessary tampering and screwing up..say..Paradox is part of your team correct? If she is then maybe you should ask her to do some max UV mapping,its not really difficult,if I can do it then surely she can.

no she isnt anymore in our mod, she has taken models fron an another mod and has said it is her own work, what it wasnt, she has made that 3x, so i have kicked her..

Ah..same thing she did with "Conspiracy of Nod" bf2 mod,she showed an Abrams tank and claimed it was hers..I wonder why people have to do that,if your bad then your just bad at it,might as well accept the truth. Fun part about UV'ing O2 models in max is that you don't get the allowance of having an automatic render,you gotta go in and select the pieces rather than having the capability of letting the program do a few renders for you..not sure why that is really,the good thing though is that O2 keeps the map coordinates that are on the model,although you have to redo the shading,sharp and smooth edges,but thats no trouble.