Sign in to follow this  
Sen†ry ˛°°ł

Tiberian Genesis Mod

hmmm, shame. sad_o.gif

I hope you will maybe return to arma, even ArmA2.

I guess it is a good decision.. Crysis is the future and i hope one day a game like ArmA will be playable in Crysis graphics...  inlove.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

A good decision indeed. Why dwell in the past when you can become part of the future? biggrin_o.gif

j/k wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]another great mod lost to crysis maybe its a sign banghead.gif

Yupp. Time for BIS to create something 'next gen' instead of '5 years ago'

When it comes to the models, graphics, Crysis is the choice but when it comes to gameplay, is it the right choice? In other words, could The Chain of Command be easily ported to the other game or is CoC's gameplay and coding ONLY possible in a game like ArmA (i.e. Massive armies and built in movement nodes for AI)?

Just asking for info.

--Ben

When it comes to the models, graphics, Crysis is the choice but when it comes to gameplay, is it the right choice? In other words, could The Chain of Command be easily ported to the other game or is CoC's gameplay and coding ONLY possible in a game like ArmA (i.e. Massive armies and built in movement nodes for AI)?

Just asking for info.

--Ben

About the gameplay, ye of course it is the right choice. if it is possible how in arma with that CoC we dont know exactly. Atm we got only one modding tool (with that you can do much but not all) sandbox2, with a great manual (that's missed in arma). I think we have to learn many things new, but the models we have already made for arma can we use, so we are at the same status how we were in arma. And we think we can find in the Crysis community faster some texture artists as here. Without new members we cant get faster progress.

Sentry

sentry i understand this movement to crysis. this game rocks concerning terrain creation , and graphics stuff, animation (BI didnt release their skeleton plugins yet right ? )

but AI logic wise, for having tested a bit , crysis is 1000 feet under arma. i dont know if you can ever create dynamically some waypoint and some path.

At least, adding some troop and make them do basic stuff take 10 time more time than doing same thing with BI titles.

sentry i understand this movement to crysis. this game rocks concerning terrain creation , and graphics stuff, animation (BI didnt release their skeleton plugins yet right ? )

but AI logic wise, for having tested a bit , crysis is 1000 feet under arma. i dont know if you can ever create dynamically some waypoint and some path.

At least, adding some troop and make them do basic stuff take 10 time more time than doing same thing with BI titles.

BI hasnt released the animation stuff, thats why also Lost World Returns mod has switched to crysis.

you can script the AI, and ofcourse they can have some waypoints. to play with the AI needs more time thats true, but thats the only problem atm. but we will do it more multiplayer friendly, cause in MP it will be more fun.

Exactly. I found the AI capabilities of the Sandbox Editor like UT' s editor. Previously I wanted to mod gameplay in UT2003 and I noticed that I had to place path nodes! I order to do my mod in another game I would first have to turn it into OFP, then start coding. That's why all other games have to be player vs player only. If that's what you're looking for, it will work.

In any case, good luck.

--Ben

if it's pure PvP , it's doable.

but i promise if you plan to use any AI in MP mode :

1: maybe no dynamically stuff could be created.

2: actually, AI in MP mode isn't supported at all. (it's doesnt work)

i think it's not possible to make a C&C gameplay without dynamically create path , group , action etc.

and crysis seem to not be able to handle that , yet.

Exactly. I found the AI capabilities of the Sandbox Editor like UT' s editor. Previously I wanted to mod gameplay in UT2003 and I noticed that I had to place path nodes! I order to do my mod in another game I would first have to turn it into OFP, then start coding. That's why all other games have to be player vs player only. If that's what you're looking for, it will work.

In any case, good luck.

--Ben

we will try both, but for first we will concentrate to do it for MP games. so the community can play with it until we do patches, SP missions like campaign or something like that. so the people wich are liking campaigns, or MP games can play their favourite modes.

Sentry

hey.. can we get a beta soon then..

damnit, i don't care if 90% of its is untextured.. infact, if it was "crap" i probably end up helping making some units and so on.

Would be fun to see what you guys have so far.. no matter condition.

they left for Crysis from what i know

Yeah like the Lost World mod.

Mainly because there was no support to make decent animations for the mechs.

I think there is a grey ( non clickeable ) marking in O2 for such animations support ( maya? ) but it doesnt work in our O2.

Judging by what BIS said the function isnt even in their version.

Just makes you wonder why it is there in the first place.

i know, but would it hurt to release all their alpha work?

and actually shouldn't be that hard to make "decent" mech animations..

Please do not dig up dead threads, Sentry has not been active on our forums for nearly a year, so the probability he responses is pretty small anyway.

Closing.