Sign in to follow this  
Kevlar2007

Weird Graphic Errors

Same problem here with a 9800 128MB with 6.11 drivers. Very Low doesn't fix it either.

Wondering what would happen if I went back to a 5.x series driver and tried it...

Had the same problem with 9600SE and X800PRO. Changed motherboard and it's gone.

And i also had the same (in MUCH weaker form - from time to time streched polygon into the middle of the screen) problem in some "graphic heavy" games as CanisDEK said. AltTabbing also helped for few minutes.

I can again reasure that for my case this error is not Hardware Error or Driver Error. I have tested my Graphic Card with different benchmakrs and I can Play all Graphic Intensive Games withaout any Problems only by AA I get this error.

So please give me some constructive response instead of continuosly repeating each others. Perhaps this problem you all had was caused trough your hardware configuration but for me its not.

I can max out every setting in every game I have:Americas Army,Splinter(all 3),Battlefield 2,Falcon Allied Force,Far Cry,COD 1&2,and of course OFP modded to the gills.

Also going through my Catalyst Control center,I maxed out everything on my 9800 Pro with no ill effects.

AA is the only game I have to run it at 600x480 and all settings on low and or disabled!

There has got to be some kind of a problem with this game.I have the German version with the Trans patch.

That's heat. If you are using an nVidia card then download the coolbits reg file and then underclock your video memory by 100MHz... that will solve your problem.

Also set the fan to be always on.

Noo, don`t set the fan to always on.

That would make the fan running @medium rpm, and will not allow the fan to work faster if required.

When you click on the help logo in the nvidia drivers, and than to the box "Fan always on" or whatever it`s named in english, you will get that explanation.

So it is not an good idea to turn that feature on, to prevent overheating of the videocard.

Another ATI card owner checking in with this problem. The polygons occur either immediately or soon after ArmA is started, on even 800x600, barebones, no graphical frills at all. Diagnostic tools indicate that heat is not the issue.

P4 2.8 Ghz

Asus P4P800-E Mobo

1 Gb DDR 2700

ATI Radeon 9700 Pro

Running Catalyst 6.11 drivers

I've got the same specs as Tex except for a P4 3.0 and get the crazy polygons usually in big towns and not until 5-10 minutes have passed. I can't get through the Beaten Dog mission because of it.

I'm getting a newer graphics card (was planning on it anyway), but I do hope this gets resolved for those of us without the means...

Same problem here with a 9800 128MB with 6.11 drivers. Very Low doesn't fix it either.

Wondering what would happen if I went back to a 5.x series driver and tried it...

Went and tried every version of Catalyst from 6.10 back to 5.13.

Same thing (in varying intensities) across the board.

Looks like this is either an ATi problem with ArmA (or vice versa) or some rendering tweak/option that needs to be turned off somehow.

I'll keep trying things and see if I can't find something that helps.

iXnay

P4 3.0ghz

2GB PC3200

9800 128MB (6.11 drivers)

You all watched your temps etc... of the GFX

Their could be many reasons of this problem!

1. Your GFX overheats (GPU)

2. Your GFX memory overheats!

3. If you are using a GFX like 7800GTX where the cooler cools gpu and memory this problem could happen

4. its not allways the GPU or GFX memory which causes this problem!

It can be your system memory too!!! if also can get very hot and makes data errors which will be displayed as wrong or bugged picture.

5. If you Northbrige cooler gets too hot, the same problem will happen.

I dont think that its only the 9xxx series, in most cases its a small part which overheats.

Regards STG77

Another one joining the club...

Specs:

P4 3.0 GHz

1.5 GB RAM

ATI Radeon 9800XT

German patched Version 1.01 of ArmA

I'm getting the same GFX error with polygons all over the screen causing extreme lag.

It's the first time this error occurs, no problems with other games.

Now someone tell me, could it be that ALL people here who

- have the same gfx card

- can play other gfx intense games without ANY problems

- get this problem with the same game (ArmA)

suddenly get an overheating hardware problem?

Well, I don't believe it, especially since there are still extreme performance and other issues in the game!!

Now I hope BIS is working hard on solving this problem, otherwise I think it would mean a great loss of prestige and credibility.

So, hoping the best. See you after the next patch.

So driver change did not fix.

Lets hope someone can help solve our problem.I am getting really annoyed!

Yep I got the same problem, Morphicon D/L version 1.01 and patched from Ger -> English. I am running XP Pro on Boot Camp iMac with ATI X1600.

OK, I have seem to made a slight breakthrough.(I think).After trying a range of setting and playing around with the Catalyst Control Center,I changed 2 things that allowed me to play the game with maxed or better setting and dont have the polygon or lod problem all except when you get near buildings.

For those like me with the Cat Control Center,go into you API specific tab and you will see 2 setting under Open GL settings.If not already checked check the boxes marked: Triple Buffering and Force 24bit buffer depth.

It has allowed me to play on max settings with no problem except the one above which I am working on.

Hope this helps,let me know.

I have the same shit with the "lods" (what does this mean?)and I have even climbed a ladder of which i could only find by its shadow while the ladder was invisible. I am going to hunt for new drivers today and hope this will solve it. I do not have problems with any other games like BF2 or GRAW. Why should I reduce my specs to play the game?

Any "official" reaction yet?

Morphicon D/L version 1.01 no english patch

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Processor: AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 Processor 3700+, ~2.3GHz

Memory: 1024MB RAM

Hard Drive: 284 GB Total

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT

Monitor: iiyama Prolite e481S

Sound Card: SB

Speakers/Headphones: Cambridge Soundworks 5.1

Keyboard: Microsoft

Mouse: Logitech

Mouse Surface:  

Operating System: Windows XP Professional

I know I wasn't having GFX corruption but I was suffering from horribly low fps until I put the Catalyst AI to Standard. After that everything seems normal now. This game isnt in the list of AI optimizations yet so it seems its attempting to optimize it to the point of making it crawl. I also forced off V-synch as well. getting very usable 30-60s on High/Normal settings.

OK, I have seem to made a slight breakthrough.(I think).After trying a range of setting and playing around with the Catalyst Control Center,I changed 2 things that allowed me to play the game with maxed or better setting and dont have the polygon or lod problem all except when you get near buildings.

For those like me with the Cat Control Center,go into you API specific tab and you will see 2 setting under Open GL settings.If not already checked check the boxes marked: Triple Buffering and Force 24bit buffer depth.

It has allowed me to play on max settings with no problem except the one above which I am working on.

does NOT work for me sad_o.gif

does NOT work for me sad_o.gif

same with me, didn't work, but thanks anyway mate!

go into you API specific tab and you will see 2 setting under Open GL settings.If not already checked check the boxes marked: Triple Buffering and Force 24bit buffer depth.

AFAIK, ArmA (and OFP) use Direct3D API and not OpenGL. This should have no bearing whatsoever, unless somehow these particular tweaks are shared under both API's and not OGL specific.

I'll check it out when I get home from work. If anyone else can reproduce this or find some combination of tweaks to alleviate the frenetic polygon issue, that'd be swell smile_o.gif

Thanks for the help!

Edit:

I've got to partially correct my former statement. Still the performance is better with these settings, but after some time I get as many polygons as before.

i really hope we´ll get an offical statement soon, bugs - ok, but the game is UN - PLAY - ABLE!!

sad_o.gif

Yep Omega drivers may be worth trying. They are not usable for nVidia any longer... but I see that the ATI drivers are updated.

Sorry those settings did not work for you.I dont know why but it has kept the polys from coming back for me except when I go near any buildings.

If anyone tries the Omega drivers,please let us know your results.