Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

Some ArmA tools

- PAAplug: PAA format plugin for Adobe Photoshop for reading and saving OFP/Armed Assault PAA textures. It is currently a bit experimental since it violates some Photoshop plugin rules so save your work before using it. Some features are also still missing such as saving with swizzling.

Seriously... utter legend - thats the one bloody plugin I've been wishing for since the dawn of my modding with flashpoint - not more f##king around with all the different texture converters I have to get things working

wooohooo biggrin_o.gif

and the windows explorer pbo thing is an excellent touch too - really simple yet effective implementation.

lovely little tools that make a great difference biggrin_o.gif

So what can we expect from these tools?

Im not a person who create addons or mods but i would like to know how this can be a positive thing for usual players.

Cheers

Great initiative!

A Problem with PAA plugin:

I can open, but there is no PAA format available when I want to save my file in photoshop..

sad_o.gif

Im not a person who create addons or mods but i would like to know how this can be a positive thing for usual players.

Cheers

Except the launcher, these tools are "useless" to the "usual player".

Unless you're interested in modding the files, then you dont really need them.

Thx a lot KEGETYS!

But i guess i will need some help with the paa plugin. I use Photoshop v9.0.2 and i`m not able to get the plugin running...

=(

The plugin works fine here with 9.0.2.

Put it into the Plug-Ins\File Formats and it should show up as PAAplug in the file open dialog and under Help -> About Plug-In -> PAAplug...

Cheers

Better than no tools.... whistle.gif

Thanks you're a legend. I love the launcher!!

Cheers

I think what he meant was: I'm not a modder and have no idea what this stuff is. What are you modder type people going to do with this? What cool things will we see you make with these tools?

Basically it is like saying: I'm excited because you guys are excited but I have no idea why, can someone explain why this is cool?

Well then for the no modders...get the server launcher.

You can save your most visited servers or the server of your mate or a dyndns and you can check who is playing without ever having to launch the game. you can manage your mod folders and check with what mods you want to play on witch server, you can watch a server and get a alert when the current mission ends and the next round starts etc etc.

If you don't have that browser get it... biggrin_o.gif

I'm new to the flashpoint/arma system. I have unpacked characters.pbo and have correctly placed the plugin for photoshop, how do I convert the files, specifically the textures used in the uniforms to something I can use for photoshop?\

*edit*

Nevermind, I have it now. Although I'm looking for a way to view the images in actual color instead of a sharp green or blue.

*edit*

nevermind, wrong file.

Not sure if you accept bug reports, but there are a few with the launcher.

-Descriptions in the options menu (when hovering above an option to tick) show OFP descriptions, but that's not a big deal.

-Profile selection loads up OFP profiles as well. Might be fixed if the profile folder could be selectable as the executable can, and would also help those with the profile folder in a different location.

But great tools anyways, especially the PAAplug. thumbs-up.gif

Great work smile_o.gif

One thing about the Paaplug: it would be very, very nice to be able to use this plugin in GIMP (http://www.gimp.org/). For those of you who are not familiar with GIMP: it is a free open-source alternative for Photoshop.

I had a look around and couldn't find a plugin hack which could make Paaplug work in GIMP. There is a Photoshop-filter-plugin-to-GIMP hack called pspi (http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/pspi.html) available but that doesn't help with Paaplug, it handles different type of plugins.

Please help us poor GIMP users and port Paaplug to GIMP, for both Linux and Windows.

Great tools Keg. Glad to see you back in the game ;-)

I suppose you havent been playing FDFMOD then? wink_o.gif

EDIT: NEVERMIND I FIXED MY PROBLEM (BELOW)

I have a problem with CPBO.

I can't get it to associate with my PBO files.  It says I already have an icon associated with it... By default PBOX used to open my pbo's.  Even after I removed that as my default opener, I still can't get cpbo to associate with my PBO's.  Any one know what the heck I am doing wrong?

Hey Kege!

Thanx 4 the tools. Can you reveal us any info about FDF to ArmA?

Rk62 se olla pitää, perkele!

rofl.gif

I updated the ArmA launcher a bit, fixed a few bugs and added support for the maxmem parameter, additional custom parameters and launching of additional application at launch.

Available here.

Hi Keg!

First ihave to say great work again.

But now i have a little Problem the PAA plugin was doing a great job on my old P4 3,4Ghz 2048 Ram 7800gtx system and Photoshop 7.01 I did the Flecktarnunits with it.

Now on my new System:

Core 2 Duo E6600 @2,4GHz

1024 mbRam

xFx 8800Gts

i was going to test the new Flecktarn Desert camo but when i startet to convert to PAA Photoshop always starts to freeze

szAppName : Photoshop.exe szAppVer : 7.1.0.0 szModName : hungapp

szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000

Any ideas on this? Would be great if you could help me because i can´t finish the new Camo confused_o.gif

greets

Okay it works now smile_o.gif

I think my next money goes into some extra Ram this tool needs alot of it wink_o.gif