Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

6thSense.eu's Choppersound Patcher Released!

<span style='color:RED'>Support Discontinued due to soundfixes in gameversion v1.02</span>

I am pleased to announce the release of the Choppersound Patch v0.3

This patch changes the volumes of the chopper sounds in Armed Assault (*) to a lower level,

as many are annoyed by the current volumes. Please supply feedback!

Please make sure that you do not have Hardware Acceleration enabled in the game,

as there seems to be a bug that causes all sounds to be even louder!

Please read the included readme and make a backup of your AddOns\air.pbo just incase to make sure smile_o.gif

Aswell as to be able to put it back incase of official patches etc.

Packed as WinRAR SFX Archive (764kb)

Download:

MegaUpload.com

Mirrors:

ArmedAssault.info (Thanks to ofpforum)

ArmaHolic.com (Thanks to Foxhound)

ArmaMods.net (Thanks to SniperAndy)

Armed-Assault-Zone.com (Thanks to JammyDodger)

More mirrors kindly requested.

This Patch is known to work with ArmA Versions:

LANG: German, Czech

GAMEVER: v1.0, v1.01

Version History:

v0.3 - Fixed Modfolder method

v0.2 - Added the ability to install it the modfolder way : )

v0.1 - Initial version; First sound volume tests; need feedback!

FAQ:

Quote[/b] ]Why don't you just release addons instead of patches??
We are very sorry for the (minor) complexity of the installation, but we, as we are only fans just like you,

wish to be on the safe side concerning Copyrights etc., nor want to piss off anyone, that's why we choose this road!

Idea Games noted that distributing edited versions of official original ArmA game content, could result in lawsuits.

Quote[/b] ]Can we use the LANG & Choppersound & Editorpatch at the same time/over eachother

Yes, The Language Patcher, The Editorupdate Patcher and the Choppersound Patcher all have different pbo's that are changed.

Quote[/b] ]How do I enable the modfolder, if I used the modfolder patcher?
Add behind the armed assault shortcut: -mod=@6th-Choppersound

It should look like this, mind the quotes:

“C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe†–mod=@6th-editorupdate

If you have multiple mods, spread them with semicolon, e.g:

–mod=@6th-Choppersound;@6thSense

Here is an explaination for OFP, it works the same with ArmA, might help yah! TheAvonLady FAQ:

The Avon Lady

Mirror gives error :! Error !

Sorry

You are not authorized to access the Downloads Area.

Mirror gives error :! Error !

Sorry

You are not authorized to access the Downloads Area.

Which means you need to register at the site, before you are able to download it ...

I said earlier - Sickboy is a machine notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif
You're quite busy, are you? Well done. thumbs-up.gif

smile_o.gif Thanks guys. I love editing, as long as there is a proper cause! I also want to send out a definitive signal to the Community; ArmA is here, and it's here to be enjoyed, not to bitch! biggrin_o.gif

Armaholic.com Have added this new file to our download section as well.

You can download it from here.

No registration needed  wink_o.gif

Thanks Sickboy, I cant hear those chopper sounds myself but from what others have told me they are really way to loud.

How about other vehicles? Can you make/use this patch for other vehicle sounds as well?

Thanks for the hosting m8s!

Thanks Sickboy, I cant hear those chopper sounds myself but from what others have told me they are really way to loud.

How about other vehicles? Can you make/use this patch for other vehicle sounds as well?

Yes I can make patches for actually anything that can be changed in the game smile_o.gif I wanted to start with taking down the biggest annoyances and work my way down. As I also think that BIS is making changes along the way... I try to stay away from the little annoyances, to not do work for nothing smile_o.gif

Usually the tank sounds are too loud due to Hardware Acceleration being enabled though...

The Modfolder-Method doesn't work for me. It creates a 0kb air.pbo.

The first Method works.

The Modfolder-Method doesn't work for me. It creates a 0kb air.pbo.

The first Method works.

Thanks for report, fixed modfolder method in v0.3, will test tripple in the future.

Quote[/b] ]both metod gives me a 0kb air.pbo.....
Take your backup of air.pbo and put it back, then retry.

Which language, version do you have and are you sure your air.pbo wasn't modified before? smile_o.gif

Btw, if you ran the non-modfolder way first, and then the modfolder way, then the modfolder should contain a 0byte file, but your AddOns\Air.pbo should still be patched. If you wish to get a sucesfull patch in either of the methods, you always need an original AddOns\air.pbo.

i have tried to redownload and all possible ways.... it could be that i have used your language patch first....

and since i downloaded the morphicon relase i dont have a CD with a backup of the original air.pbo (well, i got a .bin file, but i cant open that)

i have tried to redownload and all possible ways.... it could be that i have used your language patch first....

and since i downloaded the morphicon relase i dont have a CD with a backup of the original air.pbo (well, i got a .bin file, but i cant open that)

I asked explicitly to backup the air.pbo... Smart move, especially for someone with no dvd but a download version smile_o.gif

Please check if air.bak is any size above 0 in your @6thsense\tools folder

if its above 0, move it back as AddOns\Air.pbo

Otherwise you will have to reinstall your game, goodluck.

I asked explicitly to backup the air.pbo... Smart move, especially for someone with no dvd but a download version smile_o.gif

Please check if air.bak is any size above 0 in your @6thsense\tools folder

if its above 0, move it back as AddOns\Air.pbo

Otherwise you will have to reinstall your game, goodluck.

yeah, i know.....

reinstalling now :P

it seams i ALWAYS forget to do backups of my games whistle.gif

btw, is it possible to use your language patch OVER this sound patch?

btw, is it possible to use your language patch OVER this sound patch?

Yes, I wanted to add that to my last post but forgot tounge2.gif

The Language Patcher, The Editorupdate Patcher and the Choppersound Patcher all have different pbo's that are changed.

Sickboy sorry to be a pain but if we are running the german online download version will the english to german fix you made work ?

Sickboy sorry to be a pain but if we are running the german online download version will the english to german fix you made work ?

it works....

if you´re talking about the translation that is....