Sign in to follow this  
Universel

Bring back driving and cursor as in OFP

Not sure if it has been said already, but not having a cursor/crosshair in the first place means it's almost impossible to target/spot things. When you're commander of a vehicle with a weapon on that's quite essential.

Took the liberty to test driving with a 360 controller ... drives like a dream:) (flying the same, so that leaves the keyboard/mouse for infantry, team commanding and editing)

As long as the game doesn't require controls it's fine. The cursor (controlled by nothng else than a mouse) is holy.

All who use controls risk getting stuck in the horrid domains of consoles. xmas_o.gif

Driving in the demo is easy without the cursor. I can see commanding without the cursor and without a reticle being a pill, though. Maybe if you hold one of the new command keys you'll get a cursor... I'll have to try that out.

To show how flawed ArmA is without a cursor for choppers etc you cannot lock onto enemy armor that is not moving, they show up as white boxes (same as OFP) which makes using TAB useless without a cursor to select what target you want locked on wether it's red or white on the radar.

The cursor (controlled by nothng else than a mouse) is holy.

And we all know what the word 'holy' brought us the last 2000 years ... nothing but endless trouble brought upon us by dumbass ppl:)

As I remember, in OFP, when you start using one device to control your vehicle, others (if not touched) are not controlling anything. Now in ArmA, you have all devices active at the same time. Not good, because if I havent zeroed my joystick throttle, I cannot full control with keyboard and mouse. Also I can use full throttle on my joystick and press SHIFT on keyboard - every vehicle goes faster, you can hear it too. So I dont have freedom of choice - there is only one best way of doing it.

Hope this gets done in 1.03.