Sign in to follow this  
Abs_01

Operation Northstar WIP

biggrin_o.gif Thanks for the tip. Overall, it's not that large an area. The mod is most likely going to consist of a few smaller regions relevant to the missions in the mod, rather than a whole large-scale island.

Abs

some of the vegetation has been replaced and the whole Island has been changed a little bit since the pics were taken.

As ABS said we are hoping to have some Afgan houses and objects for the feel of the map.

Hey guys im back agein today with a new Island that i have been working on.

the map is of the Southern part of Kandahar province including Kandahar city and many of the different districts.

the map is 25KM by 25KM = 625KM Square.

ONS_Kandahar is a heavy WIP the pictures were taken in Bulldozer of Kandahar City in the Kandahar Province, Afghanistan. IF you have any questions or comments please post here. The Area in these pictures are no were near final and still being worked on for the full afghan feel.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402....mg]

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369....mg]

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369....mg]

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413....mg]

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391....mg]

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391....mg]

From the ONS Forums:

Quote[/b] ]Hey all,

I figured i would start a new thread for the troops since Abs is no longer working on the textures for them. First off i would like to say thank you to everyone for welcoming me to the ons team, especially to Abs and AASE for helping me get all set up and ready to work. Now with that out of the way i would like to present to you all my first offical update.

The following are pictures of the Captive model. I used Abs CADPAT AR texture for the camo although i changed the colors slightly to look less yellowish and more faded and used. This texture for the most part is done, i still have to add a few more wrinkles in the vest, shadows, stitches and other "fine tuning". [Abs: Click on picture for larger version]

captiver1zu8.th.jpg

captiver2ve2.th.jpg

captiver3jk8.th.jpg

captiver4oo4.th.jpg

I have been hard at work the last few days on this texture and i am very pleased with the results and i hope you all are too. Stay tuned for more updates smile_o.gif

Ace of Spades is now working on the infantry model. In the meantime, I thought that I would show what I'm up to:

insidero5.jpg

This is the work in progress of the inside of our RG-31. I do need some photos, if anyone has them, of the driver's cabin...other than that, the RG-31 is almost ready to be UV mapped. smile_o.gif

Some feedback on Ace's, AASE's, or my project would be appreciated.

Abs

Looks very cool - but sorry, am not a modeller, so can't offer technical advice...

But keep it up mate, am a big fan

Stew

Looking really good fellas.

I caught those pics of the test reskin Ace did for the old OFP Leopard model too: Clearly a great addition to your team. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]This is the work in progress of the inside of our RG-31. I do need some photos, if anyone has them, of the driver's cabin...other than that, the RG-31 is almost ready to be UV mapped.

Some feedback on Ace's, AASE's, or my project would be appreciated.

Abs

060309_Afghanistan_Nyala_03.jpg

Thanks for the feedback, folks. smile_o.gif

I've also got that picture, Bricks. *sighs* I think I'll have to make up about half the cabin. I hope no one kills me for it.

Abs

The latest from the ONS forums:

Quote[/b] ]Hey all,

Finally i have another update to the troops, this time its the infantry model. Now that i have textured the tac vest and gear etc. texturing the rest of the models should be much faster. Anyways here are some pics of the troops in 3ds max.

inf4vg2.th.jpg

inf1iz6.th.jpg

inf2gd7.th.jpg

inf3gi0.th.jpg

Just thought I'd share what Ace has been up to smile_o.gif

As for me, I'm in the middle of trying to get the first model of the infantry shown into the game. I've just gone and finished creating the selections for them...now I've got to put in the weights confused_o.gif...does anyone know how the copy weights function works in o2? I've gotten the copy part down, but how do I get that information into another model?

Abs

Looking excellent, really nice model and tetures.

Bit more dirt and some wrinkles/folds here and there and even better but i guess that still isnt final so i better shut up smile_o.gif

Lovely stuff Abs. My only advice would be to check that the CADPAT sizes on the pouches and vest (and arms and legs, while we're there) match up - it's probably the most annoying part of texturing with digital camoflague. smile_o.gif

I really can't add anything to the previous few posts. It's great to see such excellent pics after all the troubles you guys have had getting this Mod running.

Hang in there gents. Your work looks great thus far. Looking forward to these for sure.

Whats the status of this mod?...Puttin on my patriot hat so I built a Leopard A26M today for CF ,interested?

My god, the infantry look amazing.

And about the Island, I doubt he'll let you, but you should ask Opteryx if you could use some of his custom buildings!

He's got some awesome stuff in there.

abs,

I think I can help you out. I have a bunch of buildings I had been working on that could probably be applied to your project. I think I have about 12 or so.

Also, I haven't forgotten about that LAV-25 / Coyote...its on the list.

Thanks for the comments guys...for the most part, it's the words of encouragement that keeps a small mod team going on. Now, to answer a few posts:

I think I can help you out. I have a bunch of buildings I had been working on that could probably be applied to your project. I think I have about 12 or so.

Also, I haven't forgotten about that LAV-25 / Coyote...its on the list.

No rush on the LAV-25, scubaman3D. Believe me when I say that we've got a fair bit of work to do ourselves. Any donations that you think will help will be greatly appreciated. You know where to find me. wink_o.gif

Whats the status of this mod?...Puttin on my patriot hat so I built a Leopard A26M today for CF ,interested?

I'd definitely like to see what you have come up with. As I said above, donations are always welcome.

As for the status of the mod, we are working hard to get a demo release out the door. This will be the only release before the full mod is delivered. The demo will include:

1. A small island with an Afghan village

2. About 75% of the troops that we plan on creating (plus weapons)

3. The RG-31 Nyala

4. Some opfor units (to be determined)

5. Two or three single and multiplayer-coop demo missions

At the present time, the most valuable help that someone can provide me is assistance in oxygen. I'm having difficulty getting the weighting right on the model, and I could use the feedback of someone who has experience.

Cheers.

Abs

News from Ace of Spades:

Quote[/b] ]Here is a list of weapons and their variants that will be included in Operation Northstar. Weapons listed in <span style='color:blue'>Blue</span> have been modeled, weapons listed in <span style='color:green'>Green</span> have been textured.

Note: this list is subject to change

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Rifles:</span>

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>-C7A2 Assault Rifle:</span>

<span style='color:#0000FF'>C7A2 - Iron Sight</span>

<span style='color:#0000FF'>C7A2 - EOTech</span>

<span style='color:#0000FF'>C7A2 - C79 Elcan</span>

C7A2 - Iron Sight/M203

C7A2 - C79 Elcan/M203

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>-C8A1 Carbine:</span>

<span style='color:#0000FF'>C8A1 - Iron Sight</span>

<span style='color:#0000FF'>C8A1 - EOTech</span>

<span style='color:#0000FF'>C8A1 - C79 Elcan</span>

C8A1 - EOTech/M203

C8A1 - C79 Elcan/M203

C8A1_SD - EOTech

C8A1_SD - C79 Elcan

C8A1_SD - EOTech/M203

C8A1_SD - C79 Elcan/M203

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Sub Machine Guns:</span>

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>-MP5 Navy Sub Machine-Gun</span>

MP5N

MP5N_SD

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Shotguns:</span>

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>-Benelli M4 Super 90</span>

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>-Remington 870</span>

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Machine Guns:</span>

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>-C6 General Purpose Machine-Gun</span>

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>-C9A1 Light Machine-Gun: </span>

C9A1 - Iron Sight

<span style='color:#0000FF'>C9A1 - C79 Elcan</span>

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>-C9A2 Light Machine-Gun: </span>

C9A2 - Iron Sight

<span style='color:#0000FF'>C9A2 - C79 Elcan</span>

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Sniper Rifles:</span>

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>-C3A1 Medium Range Sniper Weapon:</span>

C3A1 - Scoped

C3A1_SD - Scoped

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>-C7 CT Marksman Rifle System: </span>

<span style='color:#0000FF'>C7CT - Scoped</span>

<span style='color:#0000FF'>C7CT_SD - Scoped</span>

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>-C14 Medium Range Sniper Weapon</span>

C14 - Scoped

C14_SD - Scoped

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>-C15 Long Range Sniper Weapon:</span>

C15 - Scoped

C15_SD - Scoped

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Pistols:</span>

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>-Browning High Power</span>

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>-Sig Sauer P225</span>

P225

P225_SD

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>-Sig Sauer P226</span>

P226

P226_SD

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Other:</span>

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>-84MM Carl Gustav Medium Range Anti-Armor Weapon</span>

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>-M72 Light Anti-Armor Weapon</span>

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>-Eryx Anti-Tank Guided Missile</span>

Here are the renders of the weapons, I will keep this post updated with new renders as they become available.

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Rifles:</span>

c7a2snb6.th.jpg c8a1sfd8.th.jpg

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Sub Machine-Guns:</span>

None at this time

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Machine-Guns:</span>

c9a1sqs2.th.jpg c9a2skg9.th.jpg

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Shotguns:</span>

None at this time

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Sniper Rifles:</span>

c7ctsrt4.th.jpg

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Pistols:</span>

None at this time

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Other:</span>

None at this time

Abs

looks very nice. But what happned for instance to the C3A1 that i did for ons ages ago? or the Remington 870 made by yourself?

Still there. The list is only 97% accurate. wink_o.gif

You can basically say that the ones in blue are the weapons that Ace created in two days. He definitely puts me to shame, and he just learned modeling this week.

Abs

im so EXCITED!!!!

Thanks for sticking with this mod, im excited as hell for it! yay.gif

Hey folks, I'm wondering if anyone is intersted to help me out with island devlopment for ONS?

I need someone to help me with placing objects onto the island.

Did you try MAP 3DE. It works excellent for placing objects and can be used with Visitor.

Yes i am using it. I see that u can have like 2 people on the map editing at the same time, so i am looking for some to help me

Just a small update. I wanted to show a few models that we'll be using on our island.

Huts

Storage Hut

Hut 2

The above render is based on this photo:

Photo

...And here it is in-game as a test:

In-game

I'd like to take a moment at this time to renew AASE's call for help, and if there is anyone who has experience getting objects in-game, or even modelling environmental objects, please feel free to come work with us wink_o.gif

Abs