Sign in to follow this  
Abs_01

Operation Northstar WIP

Can we still have cases of Molson in the Tanks? Please please please biggrin_o.gif

- Ack

LOL! Fine, I'll throw them in there.

Abs

Hey all,

I thought I'd post about the 81mm mortar we'd be using for our mod. Enjoy. smile_o.gif

81mmProgress02s.jpg

Abs

I'm pleased to announce the newest addition to the ONS mod: The Multi-Mission Effects Vehicle (MMEV). This is the only type of vehicle in the world, as it can handle direct fire and non-line-of-sight vehicles and aircraft. Right now it is being evaluated by the Canadian military for possible production.

MMEVProgress04s.jpg

I know it isn't in use yet, but I needed to make the ADATS turret anyway, so I thought I'd quickly convert the LAVIII and kill two birds with one stone.

Abs

Thanks R0adki11. smile_o.gif

Here's the next update. It's the Canadian M113A3. It's got the 1m Cadillac Gage turret on it, and it's armed with a .50 caliber Browning machine gun, and also a C6 GPMG. It holds 3 crew and 11 troops. This is only one of the M113 models we'll be featuring in our mod. Stay tuned for updates on our TLAVs, and some other variants!

Here's the pic:

M113A3Progress08s.jpg

Abs

Great job abs. you sure put my modeling skills to shame.

Great job abs. you sure put my modeling skills to shame.

LOL! As if I believe that, Sniper Skull. smile_o.gif Thanks for the great compliment though.

Bravo Zulu!

Thanks. I'm a civilian, so I don't really know, but I'm guessing that means 'great work!' biggrin_o.gif

models are looking great abs cant wait to see them get some paint on and ingame:)

You could get a sneak peek at them like that if you choose to help us out wink_o.gif...if not, maybe we'll get an MP game going once the mod is out smile_o.gif

Just to reiterate what CT said, yes, we are looking for texturers. Your work would include: texturing the primary and lod models. Making the other texture maps required by the game (normal, specular, etc)

What we'd provide you: A UV mapped model (no more hours spent UV mapping! Well, not by you anyway. *sighs*) and a friendly mod team to work with.

We're very easy going on the schedule. We understand that people have their lives to live, so we don't jump down your throat to get the work done. wink_o.gif

Anyway, feel free to contact me on MSN if anyone is interested. inhidingforever [at] hotmail [dot] com.

Abs

It's been a long time, but we've never left you. Now, with the North American release of ArmA: Combat Operations we thought it would be the best time for an update!

So after some months of you guys not knowing what we've ben up to, we're back with a massive update. We've got a few things to talk about and we're really excited about them all smile_o.gif

<span style='color:red'>The Site:</span>

So, we finally got a site up. It's a little bare-bones now, but there's one feature that we're really proud of; Whenever you refresh the page you will see a different banner, and on the banner will be one of the models we're working on. As well, the model will be in the current stage of development, so you guys will always know where we stand on any given model. Neat, eh?

<span style='color:red'>New Models:</span>

Alrighty, we've got two new models to show you today! They're both still a work in progress. The first one is the M777. This long range artillery piece is incredibly light weight, and one of the newer acquisitions of the Canadian Army. It's got an incredible firing range and can hit targets up to 30KM away!

ONS_M777s.jpg

The Mounted TOW Launcher is an Anti-Tank Weapon Platform. It is a guided missle launcher that can defeat most of the armoured tanks in existance today. It is now also a part of our mod smile_o.gif (Don't worry...the textures are DEFINATELY a WIP...they were only started yesterday.)

ONS_Mounted_TOWs.jpg

Finally we come across the most exciting piece of news today - the M113A3. I know you've seen it already, but you haven't seen it quite like this before!

ONS_M113A3s.jpg

Our new team member Jonny has been hard at work texturing the M113A3, and I think he's done a FANTASTIC job so far notworthy.gif. I don't know about you, but I couldn't keep my eyes off of it the first time I saw it. We're really glad to have him onboard!

<span style='color:red'>The End</span>

Anyway, that's it for now. I hope this update was enough to get you excited about our mod once more! Keep coming back to this thread or the site to see the latest updates and features as we add them, and feel free to comment on anything on our forums!

Abs

Very nice indeed! Keep up the great work.

It goes without saying, that this work is top notch.

I am looking forward to your release..would love to feature these in a movie im working on...

Can we expect the INSIDE to be as nice as the OUTSIDE?

@ helping_hand, MehMan, SASR Sabre, Curatalo, & Blue_Flight: Thanks guys biggrin_o.gif We appreciate the kind words.

@ djfrogstar: Don't worry...we'll do our best to make the INSIDE as nice as the OUTSIDE. wink_o.gif

Abs

wow, really nice models. and the jonny's textures are really great; he made an excellent job.

keep it up, mates. wink_o.gif

Hey guys,

smile_o.gif It's always nice to hear feedback from the community! Thanks a lot for the praises.

If you've got a minute to spare, I was hoping that you might vote in the poll on our site (http://www.opnorthstar.com/). The question is where you would like to see an ONS campaign take place.

Sorry if I disappointed some who were hoping for new news, but I promise we'll have an update soon enough! wink_o.gif

Abs

i voted Africa, but south america would be also excellent. in fact everywhere in the world except middle east and europe. because these areas are not the problem for the future, and that would be excellent to have other landscapes. smile_o.gif