Sign in to follow this  
Abs_01

Operation Northstar WIP

Private McDowell poses with an AK captured from a Taliban weapons cache.

captivewo3.th.jpgthpix.gif

Abs

Thats looking good!

What changes have been made to get the soldiermodel look like this?

For the basic model, not too many. I've modelled the big velcro straps on the shoulders, and made a minor change to the back of the vest, since it's different than the ones the Americans use.

It's only got a colour map and a normal map applied to it though...so that might be why it looks different than other soldiers out there.

Abs

As you know, we like to bring you news as it happens. With that in mind, please excuse the funky colours on the model. It's in the process of being textured right now. I just wanted to show you that it is in-game and driveable for now. It's still got a fair bit of work that needs to be done on it, but the only Canadian vehicle that will be in the demo is in game! This is a great stride towards getting it complete, and I hope you're getting excited about our progress!

nyalasmo9.jpg

[Thanks to AASE who made the breakthrough on how to get it in-game when I spent so many weeks trying to get it to work! This crap can get really frustrating after a while!]

Abs

Sorry but the RG-31 is not a "Canadian Vehicle" Its origin is South Africa, and the Canadians are just one of the countries who operate this vehicle. As a Heavy Mech, 21Bravo this vehicle is part of our Route Clearance package in country. Kinda tripped a nerve for me reading that, sorry.

I don't think he was referring to it in that sense.

Anyway, nice work! What camo scheme is that?  tounge2.gif

I don't think he was referring to it in that sense.

I didn't get this impression either. To me it just seems like he's referring to the fact that this will be the only vehicle in the Canadian pack demo, hence Canadian Vehicle. Now if he would've said "vehicle of Canadian origin" that would be a whole different story.

You could say this about many Pack/Mod in the game. PRACS vehicles, the SLA vehicle reskins and so on.

Anyway, I look forward to this Canadian used vehicle of non-Canadian origins that will appear in the Canadian Mod whom purchased it from another country that manufactures it.  wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Sorry but the RG-31 is not a "Canadian Vehicle"  Its origin is South Africa, and the Canadians are just one of the countries who operate this vehicle.  As a Heavy Mech, 21Bravo this vehicle is part of our Route Clearance package in country.  Kinda tripped a nerve for me reading that, sorry.

@Snafu: It's the disco camo scheme. We're hoping that any Taliban that see it will remember the spirit of disco, and relax a bit. smile_o.gif

Actually, the reason they're that colour is because of a plugin for UV mapping. It shows each face a different colour so that the texturer can know what he's texturing. Clearly, it's just a placeholder. wink_o.gif

@Manzilla: Thanks for clarifying my point, mate. smile_o.gif You would make a very good lawyer.

Abs

Don't be sorry. As has been already pointed out, I did not mean it in the sense that you took it. I'm sure by now that you've understood the real meaning behind my words, which makes me happy.

Sorry but the RG-31 is not a "Canadian Vehicle"  Its origin is South Africa, and the Canadians are just one of the countries who operate this vehicle.  As a Heavy Mech, 21Bravo this vehicle is part of our Route Clearance package in country.  Kinda tripped a nerve for me reading that, sorry.

Don't be sorry. As has been already pointed out, I did not mean it in the sense that you took it. I'm sure by now that you've understood the real meaning behind my words, which makes me happy.

@Snafu: It's the disco camo scheme. We're hoping that any Taliban that see it will remember the spirit of disco, and relax a bit. smile_o.gif

Actually, the reason they're that colour is because of a plugin for UV mapping. It shows each face a different colour so that the texturer can know what he's texturing. Clearly, it's just a placeholder. wink_o.gif

@Manzilla: Thanks for clarifying my point, mate. smile_o.gif You would make a very good lawyer.

Abs

Right now I'm trying to get the RWS (turret) to work, but I keep getting these config errors. If there is a config guru who is willing to answer some questions on MSN while I learn how to config (ie: copy paste configs in a Frankensteinian manner), I would love your help.

Abs

Hey guys just like to make a post to say that we are still alive and kicking.

Please stop by and say hi on our forums at

ONS Forums

Thank you

AASE

Do you think if you cant get this mod out in the next month or two, can you release the Mamba(I think) as a standalone?

Ive been waiting for it for sometime.

We're not doing the Mamba anymore. I've passed it off to another addon maker to finish.

We are still working on the RG-31 however. smile_o.gif

Abs

Hey guys well is's been a while since we've had an update, but we're still working away at it...much thanks goes to swat guy for his help in getting these units in-game.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26....MG]

Looks great, keep it up guys, we want more canucks to blast some arse.

hi every one. We are back with an update for you today.

ONS (Operation Northstar) and CMF (Candian Millitary Forces) have merged and kept the name of Operation Northstar.

DK from CMF no part of ONS has been hard aty work on Bionics Leopard 2A6 converting it over to the Leopard 2A6M CAN vertion for use with

Opteration Northstar.

and to end out the day here a few pictures of the beast that DK have been hard at work on.

97376268.th.jpg

leopard2.th.jpg

70483162.th.jpg

............PICS OF THE LEO............

I would like to thank Bionic for the wonderful Leopard2 A6 model.

Looking good so far are you also going to change the antennas and so on?

Already thought you guys had given up on your project good to see you are still out there.:thumb:

oh no we didnt give up. If anything we have gotten stronger :D

Hi, those Leo2 with the slat are scary, and those units in CADPAT(D) look very well done. Let's C ya

thanks Wipman, we will be release some more pictures soon so please keep watching :)