Sign in to follow this  
Abs_01

Operation Northstar WIP

hey  guys I'm working on CAF troops and weps but I don't have models yet maybe you could help? I tryed to ask abs but hes all "I will sell them to you" WTH sell models wut a jerk.

hahaha

I think you just asked the wrong way tounge2.gif

thers the weapon thats gonna be on the caf units that sabre made... the front grip and the buttstock is gonna be painted green laters.. danishpatroliniraqicitymp7.jpg

hey guys I'm working on CAF troops and weps but I don't have models yet maybe you could help? I tryed to ask abs but hes all "I will sell them to you" WTH sell models wut a jerk.

I do believe it was a joke. your comment makes it all the funnier smile_o.gif

Man, I'm really looking forward to this mod as well as hopefully a good Afghanistan mod with good looking Afghan Taliban (and Afghani Army) models. The Vilas Mod/85 mod is making some rebel soldiers in olive green uniforms that look alot like Afghani Army uniforms. The tough part would be making Taliban (alot of good modelling and super patient and tedious work on getting the model to work with the ArmA infantry skeleton). Actually a standard civilian reporter model might work if his shirt is stretched down a bit and his pants made baggier (and hat changed to a pashtun type hat with of coarse different textures for clothes).

I am a big admirer of the professionalism of Canadian troops in Afghanistan. Everyone should check out the videos on LiveLeak.com of Canadians in action and you can see perfect examples of fire discipline and extremely professional fire and maneuver tactics done by the book with good coordination.

As they're reloading they're calling out their reloads, when grenades are tossed they're warning their team, they're spotting targets quickly, and most importantly fighting extremely aggressively. Of all the NATO forces I've seen videos of, the Canadians I think were amongst the most professional from my own US military background. Always good to see professional NATO forces kicking terrorist ass.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

hey guys I'm working on CAF troops and weps but I don't have models yet maybe you could help? I tryed to ask abs but hes all "I will sell them to you" WTH sell models wut a jerk.

Slander isn't the way to go, mate. But maybe I did. Did I quote you a price? rofl.gif

Abs

[Edit: I should add that I've never spoken to this man before.]

And you only gave me the rifleman model All I want is the others so I can work on some Canadains for all the canadains out there in this game And I asked you nicly so why don't you just give them you arn't using them if your done with this project so why let us have them you will let them sit there in your computer then one day bamm In the garbage bin.

so why not let someone else carry one the Dream of having CAF in the game plz.

I don't have you on my MSN, and I haven't had any help with modelling from anyone apart from the ONS team.

The only people I've given the riflemen model to are Jonny and Sniper Skull. At first, you were funny...but now, you should seek help.

Abs

Side note: It's known as the CF, and hasn't been known as the CAF since unification. Cheers.

Shame to hear that desicion of you, Abs.

wish you the best for your future. wink_o.gif

Thread reopened at the request of Abs. smile_o.gif

Long story. Pointless post. Sorry ABS. AWESOME to hear you fellas are fired up!

Hello. I just wanted to take a minute to say that I've set up some forums for this mod. You can find them here. I hope to see you guys on there!

Abs

Something tells me you're referring to the photos above. Don't worry, ours will look closer to the real thing.

Abs

nice to see you back again smile_o.gif

as always the units seem to be very promising. Keep up your good work

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

The units that Jonny is referring to can be found on our forum.

Eagle, the pics didn't work for me, man.

Abs

Hey guys I have been working on this Island for a bit and thought i would post some screens so i can get some feedback. the Island is called Muhammad ali Kalachah

the island is the first official island for the mod and is still a heavy WIP.

Muhammad ali Kalachah is located about 20 Kilometers east from Kandahar City.

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223....mg]

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223....mg]

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131....mg]

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131....mg]

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73....mg]

We are also looking for some people to help us with Modeling, texturing, and with making Islands. please visit Apply Now to ONS.

AASE

Hello. I just wanted to take a minute to say that I've set up some forums for this mod. You can find them here. I hope to see you guys on there!

Abs

I started reading that, and then the fresh prince of bel air theme tune came into my head. whistle.gif

Great to see you gents back, and good luck smile_o.gif

@AASE i like the layout, but will the models fit the respective areas? (houses, roads)

@AASE i like the layout, but will the models fit the respective areas? (houses, roads)

I really hope so. Needless to say, we'll try to get it as close as possible within reasonable limits. I'm working on our infantry pack at the moment, but once I'm done that I'm going to have to work on custom Afghani style objects. Looking at the village from Google maps most of the houses appear to be cylindrical, almost hanger style, huts. Hopefully this will reduce the number of different house models I have to make (right now I'm hoping it'll be around 15 or so).

I started reading that, and then the fresh prince of bel air theme tune came into my head.  whistle.gif

Great to see you gents back, and good luck  smile_o.gif

wink_o.gif You're really strange, you know that? Thanks for the well wishes. smile_o.gif

Abs

I really hope so. Needless to say, we'll try to get it as close as possible within reasonable limits. I'm working on our infantry pack at the moment, but once I'm done that I'm going to have to work on custom Afghani style objects. Looking at the village from Google maps most of the houses appear to be cylindrical, almost hanger style, huts. Hopefully this will reduce the number of different house models I have to make (right now I'm hoping it'll be around 15 or so).

I just asked that because the palm trees in the pics seem to be a little unscaled, ie, the palm trees seem very small comparing with the rest.

Don't make the same mistake i did.. biggrin_o.gif

edit: Good luck with the project smile_o.gif