Sign in to follow this  
Abs_01

Operation Northstar WIP

I think Canada should try to invade America, it would be a good show lol.

-Ack rofl.gif

We already had this discussion in our team but we decided against it sinc eour intel told us that the chicks in america are mostly fat and ugly.

And there are lots of AR liking males. Especially in the SW.

Lets be serious. I´d prefer the middle east too but there would be a lot of additional work for our little team like creating a new island, creating new buildings and some other additional stuff.

-Ack rofl.gif

hey now.. don't force us to deploy the Rhode Island National Guard to the border! wink_o.gif

The models look very good so far. Can't wait for the release!

-Ack rofl.gif

If I recall my history lessons correctly, we invaded the states and burned down the white house once wink_o.gif True story.

Lets be serious. I´d prefer the middle east too but there would be a lot of additional work for our little team like creating a new island, creating new buildings and some other additional stuff.

All joking aside, it is definately a lot of work creating Opfor from scratch...even still, we would like to create an enjoyable campaign for everyone out there. smile_o.gif

If there are any mod teams who would like to get together to build an opfor project, we're open for talks. The benefits are clear: two mod teams working on a set of units would put it out of the door faster. Besides that, the campaign could include an international force in any given country, so it would be a lot more interesting than one side vs. another. If any teams out there are interested in this, please get in touch with me through MSN, and we'll see what we can do smile_o.gif

Abs

So Abs, do you have any idea when you might release that APC? (Im sorry i forget the name, it said it was used in Bosnia*)

The Mamba. smile_o.gif

We plan on releasing the mod once it's done. What I mean is that we have no plans to release individual addons, and instead we are going to release the whole pack together.

As for a release date: we don't have one wink_o.gif...all I can say is that work continues steadily (it really does...we work on the mod every day!wink_o.gif, and each day brings us closer to the finish line. thumbs-up.gif

Probably not the answer you were looking for tounge2.gif

Abs

[Edit: Damn MSN has gotten me using smilies all over the place. :\]

I`m originally from Saskatchewan, and I would like to say that I really appreciate the work that you guys are doing. It almost brings a tear to my eye to see our beautiful country represented in this video game.

Quote[/b] ]I`m originally from Saskatchewan

ORly?

Where abouts? smile_o.gif

Dont you mean "aboot eh?"

USA vs EH team gets my vote.

smile_o.gif I'm looking forward to meeting some Canadians in game once we get the mod done, Swamp Donkey. That's what'll make all this hard work worth it for me.

I figure it's time for another update, so here's some screenshots of what we've been up to lately. They say that good news comes in threes, so here's some good news for you guys wink_o.gif

First: Jonny's C3A1. This slick sniper rifle is accurate up to 800m during the day, and 300m at night.

c3a1sci0.jpg

Next we've got one of the most popular handguns in use in the Canadian army: the Browning Hi-Power. The pistol will be a standard sidearm of the infantry units in the mod.

bhpsuz4.jpg

Last, but not least, we've got the Remington Police Special. It's a 12-guage shotgun that has been in service for a LONG time.

rpssza7.jpg

That's all for now, folks! Stay tuned for more updates as they unfold.

Abs

Sweet shotgun!

Keep up the awesome work!

Hey ABS, you have the C7a1, C8,C9 or the C7a2 coming as well?

Or how about Cadpat?

cheers

Thanks Kerry smile_o.gif

Hey ABS, you have the C7a1, C8,C9 or the C7a2 coming as well?

Or how about Cadpat?

cheers

We'll be working on some of those soon enough. Like most other mods, we're waiting on the tools. However, once they're out, you guys should see some work on new troops and weapons. wink_o.gif

Abs

All these models look really amazing, the vehicle's in particular. Best of luck with getting to the final stages smile_o.gif

Dou you think.....maybe.. you could release the Mamba, as a self standing addon?

Yes, please don't forget that McMillan Tactial .50. (like the man said, it made our snipers famous.) notworthy.gif

Yes, please don't forget that McMillan Tactial .50. (like the man said, it made our snipers famous.) notworthy.gif

Not to mention the sheer fun of nailing a target at corozol from the mountains of pariso.

Oh, and if you make it, please don't make the insane recoil that the other .50's have. Just make it enough that it is hard to find your target again.

well, i gave it a quick try sometime back but the version i did was not meant for a public release since it is "only" a reskin wich is not worth a realease.

The final troops are not going to be only reskins. They are going to be equipped with the correct gear as it is beeing used by canadian troops around the globe.

Just give us some time and you´ll see our results tounge2.gif

Indeed. It's pretty difficult to find a nice CADPAT-AR sample, but we think we've found a nice workaround. We're still testing it out, but it's looking promising.

As for releasing the Mamba as a standalone addon, I'm sorry but our plans are to release a whole mod and not bits and pieces.

The McMillan will definately be making an appearance. wink_o.gif

Abs

The McMillan will definately be making an appearance. wink_o.gif

Abs

excellent news!

It is so nice to see such a high quality mod being developed around CANADIAN forces. you guys rock.

It is still in the works. It's just going slower than normal right now. As always, help would be appreciated. wink_o.gif

Thanks for the enthusiasm and the compliments, Yossarian. Hopefully we'll have some pics to show soon... smile_o.gif

Abs