Sign in to follow this  
teaser

Hilarious ARMA Moments

Yes, and there are one or two SF 4 man troops more, that are engaging that village from different directions.

In the 20player Co-op MP map, I took a littlebird over the town, and ejected under fire.

On landing, jumped into one of the enemys vehicles, with the AT-5 rockets on top.

Enemy opened up on me with small arms fire, firing full auto, clip after clip, so I turned the rockets on him.

WHOOSH, BANG!

Nothing, still there, still firing.

Again, and again, he was impervious to the AT rockets. And it took several hundred rounds and finally a bmp to stop my vehicle in its tracks.

And then on the 20player FF mission, the pickup that is near the target flagpole (blue pickup) seems to be mostly bulletproof. Again the AI fired several clips at it before it even got a puncture, and I was able to survive intact without a scratch sitting in it while they fired upon me.

Love the bouncing truck though.

Cheers

TJ

haha its hilarious and funny to read your stories, just wets my apetite for Arma tounge2.gif

haha about the hummerand Scoda incident i think it looks better than old flashpoint where the Scoda would have been crumbeld paper togheter with the hummer rofl.gif

And maybe in future we can try ferrary or corvette car vs hummer and actually make the hummer fly in genioune b-film action style biggrin_o.gif and thats meant for pure ofp videomaking or ofp mp fun ways or sp if you prefer it that way but its more fun to share those moments with your not always so ofp loving friends and in the process making them laugh and maybe like the game a bit more. smile_o.gif

On of my squaddies crossed my line of fire and ran head on into my rpg.. dumb move smile_o.gif

He learned how to fly the hard way.. wink_o.gif

Playing "Destroy the bridge" , Dolores mission.

After placing satchels and letting the first tanks pass I waited for my signal to blast the bridge and did so when command came in.

I retreated to a housecorner near ammocrate as AI immedeatly knows where you are after triggering the satchels.

I sat there waiting for infantry and crew coming at me when I heard another explosion from one of the other bridges. Then a tanksound was pitching up high (sounds very odd) and the position of the sound was moving up in the sky. I was like "WTF" when I looked into the sky and a T 72 came flying my way and crushed me. It must have flown about 500 - 600 m´s. After it crashed on me it moved away as if nothing had happened.

Playing "Destroy the bridge" , Dolores mission.

After placing satchels and letting the first tanks pass I waited for my signal to blast the bridge and did so when command came in.

I retreated to a housecorner near ammocrate as AI immedeatly knows where you are after triggering the satchels.

I sat there waiting for infantry and crew coming at me when I heard another explosion from one of the other bridges. Then a tanksound was pitching up high (sounds very odd) and the position of the sound was moving up in the sky. I was like "WTF" when I looked into the sky and a T 72 came flying my way and crushed me. It must have flown about 500 - 600 m´s. After it crashed on me it moved away as if nothing had happened.

rofl.gif

for me:

AI doing supressive fire onto a DSHK, Gunner already dead, stryker stoped behind that DSHK and was in the shooting line of the Soldier and the DSHK. The Soldier fired all his mags onto the DSHK and the Stryker Crew disembarked for unknown reason...

I just thought:

DOH! crazy_o.gif

Last few funky moments:

In the mission where you guard the engineers i had a invisible M2 stand and whn i ordered one grunt in there he also was invisible.

But the best thing was this, a main campaign mission ended and then i sa Marian Quand reporting and when the camera switched to the anchorman he had one of those huge facewounds with a eye missing... wow_o.gif

I think i post the screen later ^^

If they also had some fighting in the studio in the states maybe... but it could scare the audience a bit to see a anchorman with one eye ripped out ^^

an uber-riochet from sahrani hit him straight in the face...but they don't know if it was friendly fire or not rofl.gif

Royal Sahrani M113 roaring across the field like a god of

battle, spitting fiery death from its mighty 50 cal MG.....

until it hits a tree head-on and gets stuck, tracks pathetically

churning while enemy RPG grenades rain down on it.   crazy_o.gif

an uber-riochet from sahrani hit him straight in the face...but they don't know if it was friendly fire or not rofl.gif

OUCH!

ouchqc1.jpg

This one is pretty easily repeatable, and great fun.

1. In the editor go to the tallest mountain you can find with the smoothest/sharpest slope.

2. Edit yourself into one of the little boats, and aim it down the mountain.

3. Start up the mission and enjoy the ride. If you're lucky you might pull off a few flips/spins-- you can try other vehicles as well, but the whole idea of boating down a mountain is what's fun for me.

Whats really fun is finding some rough bumpy downhill terrian and go for a ride down it in off road vehicles.

My best moment was when I gave the Mk19 a realistic rate of fire (375rpm), then went to try it out.

I put a Stryker and an M1025 both armed with an Mk19, and set myself as an enemy BRDM.

Both the Styker and HMMMV flipped almost instantly, firing themselves upside down. Couldn't stop laughing for about 5 minutes. rofl.gif

Was anyone else disappointed that the infamous "eye shot" as shown above always appears in the same exact spot?, no matter where on the head you hit them?

Back on topic, today during multiplayer someone blew a bridge with a tank convoy crossing, and the tank literally got catapulted into the clouds. And I'm talking CATAPULTED. The thing skyrocketed, I don't even know if it came back down.

Was anyone else disappointed that the infamous "eye shot" as shown above always appears in the same exact spot?, no matter where on the head you hit them?

It's just a simple texture (always the same one) that gets

replaced when the man is hit. At least it's an improvement

(somewhat) over the "tomato ketchup" wounds in Op.

Flashpoint.

Back on topic, today during multiplayer someone blew a bridge with a tank convoy crossing, and the tank literally got catapulted into the clouds. And I'm talking CATAPULTED. The thing skyrocketed, I don't even know if it came back down.

Reminds me of the last campaign mission, i barely rammed a shed with the Striker and it catapulted me like 100meters in the sky...

I know this has been addressed before in bug complaints but while testing the AI on a sniper mission after I had neutralized the target the Hokum took off and started an orbit looking for me...I thought "oh great this is not good" but seconds later I heard the helo crash into the side of the ridge.I couldnt help but laugh and breath a sigh of relief but that shouldnt be happening. rofl.gif

I got the "flying tank" bug too today. About to shoot a BMP

up the ass with an AT4...take aim...firing..NOW Hey!

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!? [the BMP has driven into a wall and

shot 200 feet into the air coming back down and landing on

its tracks] the black-clad BMP crew then tumble out and

stand for a while as if astonished (I didn't have the heart to

shoot at them after that  wink_o.gif )

I also had an embarrassing (but not totally unrealistic)

blue-on-blue:

Lying firing my Gimpy (M240 or whatever you yanks call it) in

controlled bursts through the "loophole" in a broken fence

somewhere on Sahrani, a friendly grunt decides to relocate

and runs past on the other side of the fence and takes

a round from me straight in the napper "Oh no! Two is

down!"   confused_o.gif