Sign in to follow this  
Lobanak

Geforce4 too old?

Is there no way to force the game in dx8? Games such as bf2 (i think it does), and CSS as well as HL2 all feature this.

I run the game fine however my fathers GPU is a 5500fx, which while supposedly being dx9, its not.

He doesn't quite have the cash to upgrade his pc and was wondering if there was some kind of fix (ala css) to force the game into dx8.

I really wanna play with him!

Thanks guys.

Currently playing ArmA on FX5900 (Asylum) AMD64 +3000.

On install with those settings, it was a bit laggy, after adjusting to lower video settings, I'm suprised how smooth it runs now and the video details are acceptable.

I'm in the process of upgrading since this current MB(3yrs old) doesn't have a PCI-express to hold a 8800 VC. 1 of our memebers has that card and ArmA, and claims the details are really REALLY sweet!

would a ATI 9200 AGP wth 12 mb memory be good enough to run ArmA, cause i really wanna now before da game comes out here in AUstralia.

Your kidding right? or maybe a spelling fault? 12mb?  crazy_o.gif

EDIT: oh, nm way to late :P Sorry

9200 with 128mb

It would be around equal to a Geforce4 mx420, and its not enough to run arma.

is there no work around on this issue? Cant i have directx 8.0 installed and run arma on that? Or run it in a window with directx functions turned off etc.

is there no work around on this issue? Cant i have directx 8.0 installed and run arma on that? Or run it in a window with directx functions turned off etc.

No.

No.

ok, thanks!

I am currently running ArmedA with a BFG G-Force 6600 GT OC (PCI-E) and have to run it on low settings to get a half-decent frame rate.  

Considering this is on the LOW end of the system specs I would not reccomend it.  I didn't buy this game to run it on LOW settings.

So I'm going to sac-up and buy something a bit more beefy, all dependent on how much cash I can scrape up. Then again after playing a little, I might just wait until the game is FINISHED.

Hi Guys I'm running a P4 2.6 800 fsb 2gb 400 DDR AGP x8 with a geforce fx5200 256mb card and XP Pro. I can play half-life 2

games and mod with every thing as high as I want but I can't play ArmA at all just lag around. I'm sure it's my video card. I'm not going to a new MB now to get PCI-E so what AGP video card are people having luck running this game with.

I'm not going to a new MB now to get PCI-E so what AGP video card are people having luck running this game with.

I´m using XFI 7800GS AGP and ArmA runs with decent frame rates (20-50) on mostly normal settings, put some options on low but these don´t affect visual quality at all.

would a ATI x1300 be good enough ?? to survive Arma's graphics

I was looking at the X1600 512 agp card has anyone tryed this card for ArmA?

I was looking at the X1600 512 agp card has anyone tryed this card for ArmA?

My overclocked x1600XT 256mb (PCI-E) runs the game fine on normal-low settings on 1024×768 without shadows, or 800×600 with shadows.

Im not sure how much the difference is between a normal and an XT version, but my card is the slows/cheapest one i would recommend to play ArmA.

The problem of ArmA though I bet is comparable with OFP with regards to CPU and RAM requirements, meaning that even if you had a Geforce 8800 GTX, if you only have a slow CPU and low amount of RAM, it won't help you very much... I've come to that conclusion after having upgraded an old MB with almost nothing in RAM and nothing truly tangible in terms of CPU, but invested in a new graphics card at the beguinning of this year... the results were not the leap I was expecting...

So now I'm considering a new rig, and doing it from the ground up - a Geforce 7950GT 512mb, with a Core 2 Duo E6600, and 2 gigs of RAM... That should be able to pace games nicely along for some time...

Im on a 3.0gig ht and a x850 and it runs pretty well. Not quite maxed out at 1024x 768 and it rarely studders. Tomarrow i should have my gaming rig back up with its FX-55 and 7950 512mb. Should be smooth sailing at 1280x 1024 max graphics.

I got the X1600 PRO 512. I can now run ArmA on high and it runs great.

Thanks for the help guys.

Just got the following error:

Cannot create 3D device:

Adapter 0 (Nvidia Geforce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8x) Fullscreen

Resolution 800x600, format X8R8G8BB/A8R8G8BB/D24S8, refresh 75Hz.

Error D3DERR_INVALIDCALL

Is my card too old?

same problem ... guess i am out of luck  sad_o.gif

Dell Dimension 8200

p4 1.8ghz 100mhz fsb 256 kb L2 cache (no oc)

leadtec 128mb geforce 4 ti4600 a250 ultra 300mhz graphic/648mhz mem 1280x800res (no oc)

1 (4 x 256mb) gb dual-channel rdram samsung pc800-45 400mhz (no oc)

win xp sp2 pro

WD 200gb hd sata

Nvidia nForce2 mob (Intel i850 CS)

Damn...I'm super bummed.... I'm stuck with a Gforce FX 5200 PCI card that apparently does not support Direct-X 9.0c. I was hoping downloading the latest drivers would at least give it some software compatibility, but alas, I get the error message:

"This application has failed to start because d3dx9_30.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

This is when I tried the new ArmA MP demo. What sucks is that I can't upgrade without buying a whole new computer system because my computer only has a old PCI video slot (not PCI Express, just regular PCI) and the FX 5200 was probably at the high-end of video cards made for standard PCI. I'm fairly poor so more then likely it will take ALONG time for me to have the extra cash for a new computer. Damn... this sucks...oh well. At least I still have OFP.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The Lost Brothers Mod Team Leader

"This application has failed to start because d3dx9_30.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

You know that's because you have to reinstall DirectX right? Been asked and answered about 14,000 times since the demo came out smile_o.gif

You know that's because you have to reinstall DirectX right? Been asked and answered about 14,000 times since the demo came out smile_o.gif

This should have it's own sticky:

Problem:

Quote[/b] ]"This application has failed to start because d3dx9_30.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Fix:

Download and reinstall DirectX here.

Maybe a FAQ topic?

That's too bad. I was really looking forward to Armed Assault. It looks like buying it isn't an option now.

Hey, will this card play it?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130255

I only have a PCI, not PCI-E slot...so I need to know where, and what to buy to run this game. I don't have a AGP slot...or is AGP the same as a basic PCI slot?

Anyways, any help is appreciated.

tHanks!

it's ultra low end card (64bit memory and crappy FX5xxx serie) with slow GPU/VRAM speeds ...

it will run ArmA on lowest setting and in very low resolution...

i doubt this is worth pain ...

these cards are not for gaming at all ...

Would a nVidia 6200 PCI work then?

I'd love to get a 6600, but I do not know where to buy a PCI. not PCI-E version.

Would a nVidia 6200 PCI work then?

I'd love to get a 6600, but I do not know where to buy a PCI. not PCI-E version.

Sorry to say, but you really have to give up until you upgrade the whole system.

I don't think there is PCI card that can run this on any detail.

Yeah you need to upgrade the motherboard... so you gotta look for one with a PCI-E slot (dont go AGP they are outdated.. im stuck with an AGP mobo atm sad_o.gif )

And also you need to check if your CPU and memory will be compatible with the new motherboard... though i would reccomend you buy a completely new system... what is your current spec?