Sign in to follow this  
dan9of9

Editor

hi all

Big fan of the ofp editor,.

Realy looking forward to making some maps and possibly addons this time around.

Great to see you all busy making them already wink_o.gif

What i have to press to save the camera positions in a file, using this exec "camera.sqs", because i dont remember, the file is in the game root?

with camera.sqs, I belive the button to press was "command fire", CTRL as default in ArmA.

The mission files are in MyDocuments/ArmA/Missions and MyDocuments/Arma Other Profiles/User/Missions

i know, but where is the .sqs file whit the camera positions?

And how can i make a radio chat in a .sqs file, i dont remember.

go to the mission folder, right click, create new text document. Rename it to scriptname.sqs. There's you're .sqs file wink_o.gif You then press paste and the camera position will appear.

The comands for radio chatter are:

sideRadio

groupRadio

gobalRadio

sideChat

groupChat

globalChat

Remember in ofp,once you made a mission,it would auto load it to the clients.

But,if you changed the mission after that,there was a bug that would not overwrite the original.

Same happend when using the multiplayer editor,(except in ofp there was no editing from the clients or anyone conencted) and same again,if you changed the map after first play it would never overwrite it.

Has this been fixed?

Also is this mission editor a Real Time multiplayer editor?

as far as i know the editor is exactly the same as before, with a couple of extra things (such as description and new formations in waypoints), btu I haven't tried any mp editing yet.

The camera operation has been changed, for what reason I do not understand. CTRL no longer saves the file/copy-paste or is it saved into game-root directory.

That is just so wrong sad_o.gif

Find the new details on the biki. I do hope BIS will change this config (documents and settings) for newer ArmA versions. If not... oh, I dont even wanna go there...

Im trying to test a mission, in the editor i select to save it to single player or multiplayer, but when i check for it the mission is not in the single player or multiplayer missions list :S.

I have checked and it create the pbo file but can't use it

Any idea?

I have tested the old OFP bug where it doesnt overwright the MPmission if you reexport it.

In Arma it seems to work. I placed a unit down and exported it.

Tested it...fine.

Went back into the editor.....put some tanks in and changed my unit to a chopper and re exported it.....

it worked fine.

Although i havnt tried it with any script changes in the mission file it all seems to be working

woohoo

Wedge