Sign in to follow this  
hellfish6

Germany 1985

I hope someone makes some decent NVA soldiers, i really missed those in OFP, always wanted to have a "germany against germany"-battle biggrin_o.gif

Well perhaps we'll do them, IIRC the NVA used mostly sowjet equipment and only had a few own vehicles. So if we have enough spare time besides the creation of western units and equipments, we eventually do some NVA stuff too

I want a german Kraka with all the options !!!! smile_o.gif

-Edit- contacted any french addon maker/team yet btw ? Could be interesting to include a few french units, especially if the Czechoslovaks are present in the mod(the french having been deployed in the southwest).

I'm working on the KraKa, well I have been working on it.

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/bwmod/users/TeRp/KraKa_01.jpg

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/bwmod/users/TeRp/KraKa_02.jpg

(sorry for the bad pictures, can't make proper renders right now)

There will be a few different versions, e.g. MK20, "ambulance" and the standard transport version.

However, I had to stop working on it, because I'm not able to find good pictures of the engine. If anybody has any (high) detailed pictures please drop me a pm.

I'm working on the KraKa, well I have been working on it.

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/bwmod/users/TeRp/KraKa_01.jpg

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/bwmod/users/TeRp/KraKa_02.jpg

(sorry for the bad pictures, can't make proper renders right now)

There will be a few different versions, e.g. MK20, "ambulance" and the standard transport version.

However, I had to stop working on it, because I'm not able to find good pictures of the engine. If anybody has any (high) detailed pictures please drop me a pm.

If I wasn't already married ... biggrin_o.gif

hehehehehehehehe, I already see myself charging hordes of commies on the Mk20 one hehehehe.

-edit- Hellfish, come here so I can kiss your ass skin skullcap with the ball of my foot (j/k) biggrin_o.gif no hatred tounge2.gif I wuv you

back on the Kraka topic :

http://www.autobild.de/aktuell....8f504b0

I'm sure you already came accross that one in your quest for source material, a few close up shots, pretty small though, I doubt they'd be of any use for reference and texture purpose though, but you never know ....

Quote[/b] ]If anybody has any (high) detailed pictures please drop me a pm.

I know a guy who has one for private purpose.

I don´t see him regularely but I can ask him when I meet him again.

notworthy.gif It´s the mother of all quads ! notworthy.gif

Like the mod-idea. If you need mission-makers let me know.

thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]If anybody has any (high) detailed pictures please drop me a pm.

I know a guy who has one for private purpose.

I don´t see him regularely but I can ask him when I meet him again.

notworthy.gif It´s the mother of all quads ! notworthy.gif

Like the mod-idea. If you need mission-makers let me know.

thumbs-up.gif

You're on my list. wink_o.gif

Edit: Decided not to re-open the assault on Martinovic. smile_o.gif

Sounds like a great project. biggrin_o.gif

Even if you dont include the british I will probably dig up my fv432 and cheiftan projects to go along with this.

However, with the end of this I have to give my utmost praise for this mod. It's damn time mods stop these small development teams and merge into large ones to make better quality addons.

OFP's form of addon communities of individual addons released will not work anymore, it's out dated. We need to move on to large mod teams working on projects, releasing large mods. I fully support this mod.

Very good notion!

I fully agree that with the uprising of Armed Assault, we have to abandone the old paradigms of small production teams creating addons in their style. It was such a mess that there was a need for MODS that organized the best of the best addons in one Package. Like FFUR or Y2K3. It's better if more teams would work together at creating single-outlined themed addons of high quality.

This might sound weird, but I think that this MOD collaboration is exactly what will appeal to many mission designers. Mission Designers want to reach out to a public, or else their work will feel useless to them, because players aren't giving recognition. This results into that the missions won't evolve into better works of art. Instead of having to download a separate compalition of addons to play one single mission, which is the main draw-back of having so many custom addons being produced by so many different studios with varying quality, a mission designer could be more specific in how to design his or her mission. As in, the designer picks an era of war and builds his/her mission concept around this era. Era/theme-wise construction of MODs may prove more beneficial to mission designers more than you might think. Main example: Finmod.

I must say I have to disagree with the "individual small addonmaker/team" concept being outdated/obsolete/impractical. It is exactly this "customizability" that makes OFP unique and different from other games for which only large mods exist - here, any player can throw together a mission with whichever addons he likes - it's so far the most scaleable game of it's type in terms of customization that I've seen. In fact, I'm against having to download entire mods just to use a certain addon for a mission. Instead of making mandatory the presence of an entire mod to use just a part, which is understandable if one thinks that many factors are then combined in a regulatory addon (example: BW Basic Pack, DKMM's RSC, etc), I wish mods would have gotten around to really implement the protocols that have been presented, like ACES for aircraft, and others for armor, etc. That way, all mods have given standards already for whichever addons they decide to create, so one could even be able to just use the few addons necessary for the one or the other mission that will be played, as well as ALL mods and addons use a common base. Nevertheless, the positive impact individual addonmakers have had must not be forgotten or put aside - OFP has gained much from creative addons that don't require a large amount of other addons to work... a good example of this is the varios wildlife addons released for OFP, not all of them from the same author...

ZG[buzzy]....

There are certain Mods that every single user of OFP has on their HD's.

Mapfact stuff for instance.

Now I make addons that never get finished and sit on my HD for ever so I'm not really qualified to stick my nose in here but, as Avon's so quick to say, the key to OFP is not addons but missions.

Now, a mission designer is going to make a mission that the community is going to actually want to use. Given that something like 60% of the OFP mod teams are working together I think that ArmA modding will fall into 3 camps..

1. G85 addons

2. WW2 addons

3. stand alone addons

I took a look at the Zeus server required addons list about an hour ago and thought... OMG the online experience looks fantastic but quite frankly I cannot be arsed d/l all that.

Imagine if I could just d/l G85 and join a Zues server - great. The same would be with a single d/l of I44 phase 2 to play WW2 stuff.

While standardisation on such a massive scale as G85 presents makes server mods / mission makers choices simple I do agree that some of the odd ball addons will fall through the cracks but lets face it, addon makers want people to actually play with their work.

My two penneth anyway

ZG[buzzy]....

There are certain Mods that every single user of OFP has on their HD's.

You shouldn't assume that because I assure you it is not true.

Quote[/b] ]I took a look at the Zeus server required addons list about an hour ago and thought... OMG the online experience looks fantastic but quite frankly I cannot be arsed d/l all that.

You mean you couldnt be bothered with clicking on 2 links that are required?

Wargames Mod 5.1 Link 161mb

Zeus Common Addon Pack 143mb

Sorry to hijack the thread. Looking forward to your work, i hope you guys get more than a few dedicated mission makers though.

2 links OMG

** sheepish look ** Ill d/l them ASAP smile_o.gif edit: OK I've checked the zeus forum and the Microsoft staple leapt out and called me a total fu@kwit /edit

@Jakerod - fair comment, many of the Zeus required addons are those I would have placed in the _must have_ list but which I myself have never d/l. I do however have every lego addon ever made for OFP if that counts.

re G85 it will be interesting to see how G85 manages its releases. Will it be a core release (USSR, USA) with a series of module releases (Czech, UK, Denmark, Space Lobster, etc) that complement the core or a single huge release with everything in it?

How do you plan to deal with the change from 4 color camouflage to 3 color camouflage that took place around 1985 (if I'm not mistaken)?

It'll probably be dependent on the vehicle. M151s, M113s and M60A3s might retain the MERDC 4-color pattern and the newer equipment being fielded (M2, M1, M1A1, Humvee) might have the NATO three color. As you probably know, you can still find a lot of older equipment in the MERDC pattern even today. It's a distinctive and attractive pattern, IMHO, and I'd definately like to see at least one variation of it. We've got all the requisite color swatches for all the patterns, so hopefully we'll explore it.

I like MERDC too. I painted one of my jeeps in the standard MERDC pattern (the name escapes me right now, it's the most common pattern though). If you need the patterns, I have the 1979 tech bulletin that has patterns for almost every piece of equipment in use by the military at that time.

This kind of raises another question -- will you guys be creating older equipment such as M151's and/or M35's in addition to the M923's and M998 series trucks that were being rolled out in the early to mid 80's?

And you're right, I do indeed see lots of things currently in use by the military in the old four color camo scheme despite it being over 20 years old now -- mainly on things like containers or old radio shelters being used as storage containers.

If someone suggested a good sound recording device, I could easily get sound clips for pretty much any military vehicle -- even tanks -- used in the 70's, 80's, and 90's...

Any help would be welcome. You're already on our forum ( wink_o.gif ) so if you want to post/PM me anything there it'd be very welcome. smile_o.gif

BUZZARD @ Sep. 22 2006,23:34)]
However, with the end of this I have to give my utmost praise for this mod. It's damn time mods stop these small development teams and merge into large ones to make better quality addons.

OFP's form of addon communities of individual addons released will not work anymore, it's out dated. We need to move on to large mod teams working on projects, releasing large mods. I fully support this mod.

Very good notion!

I fully agree that with the uprising of Armed Assault, we have to abandone the old paradigms of small production teams creating addons in their style. It was such a mess that there was a need for MODS that organized the best of the best addons in one Package. Like FFUR or Y2K3. It's better if more teams would work together at creating single-outlined themed addons of high quality.

This might sound weird, but I think that this MOD collaboration is exactly what will appeal to many mission designers. Mission Designers want to reach out to a public, or else their work will feel useless to them, because players aren't giving recognition. This results into that the missions won't evolve into better works of art. Instead of having to download a separate compalition of addons to play one single mission, which is the main draw-back of having so many custom addons being produced by so many different studios with varying quality, a mission designer could be more specific in how to design his or her mission. As in, the designer picks an era of war and builds his/her mission concept around this era. Era/theme-wise construction of MODs may prove more beneficial to mission designers more than you might think. Main example: Finmod.

I must say I have to disagree with the "individual small addonmaker/team" concept being outdated/obsolete/impractical. It is exactly this "customizability" that makes OFP unique and different from other games for which only large mods exist - here, any player can throw together a mission with whichever addons he likes - it's so far the most scaleable game of it's type in terms of customization that I've seen. In fact, I'm against having to download entire mods just to use a certain addon for a mission. Instead of making mandatory the presence of an entire mod to use just a part, which is understandable if one thinks that many factors are then combined in a regulatory addon (example: BW Basic Pack, DKMM's RSC, etc), I wish mods would have gotten around to really implement the protocols that have been presented, like ACES for aircraft, and others for armor, etc. That way, all mods have given standards already for whichever addons they decide to create, so one could even be able to just use the few addons necessary for the one or the other mission that will be played, as well as ALL mods and addons use a common base. Nevertheless, the positive impact individual addonmakers have had must not be forgotten or put aside - OFP has gained much from creative addons that don't require a large amount of other addons to work... a good example of this is the varios wildlife addons released for OFP, not all of them from the same author...

The only problem with this set up is it severely hampers multiplayer.

I hope someone makes some decent NVA soldiers, i really missed those in OFP, always wanted to have a "germany against germany"-battle biggrin_o.gif

i think and hope we can take this part of the project. smile_o.gif

NVA - Mod

No offence Pitti/Simp but if that shall happen then your team needs to do a 180 degree turnaround sad_o.gif

But maybe you got something i didnt see yet.