Sign in to follow this  
hellfish6

Germany 1985

Nice models, looking great. thumbs-up.gif I'm interested in how this conglomerate of modmakers is going to turn out.

But are you guys sure it's wise to base the mod on a Tom Clancy book? There might be copyright issues and stuff. Plus the story ain't too believable either (oooh thats a big can of worms that we shouldn't open here) so it might not even be worth all the fuss.

Another big issue you guys might face is consistency. RHS might be making a lot darker looking textures then, lets say for example Combat! (based so far of my experience with their addons, RHS favours a lot darker colours then CBT). This makes the units not fit quite together. It's a small thing, i know, but maybe you guys could try to standardize your colourpatterns/polygon counts to make everything seem coherent.

About the story: Do you guys already have plans on what armies will be put in (i havent read the book)? The two Germanies are a given. So are the US and USSR. But countries like Poland, Hungary and the Czechs/Slovaks, for them it's debateable whether or not they would participate (we are speaking 1985 after all).

But are you guys sure it's wise to base the mod on a Tom Clancy book? There might be copyright issues and stuff. Plus the story ain't too believable either (oooh thats a big can of worms that we shouldn't open here) so it might not even be worth all the fuss.

Shouldn't be that hard to get around copyrighted materials...as long as they don't use the exact names and such from the book, I think they'll be alright.

And the story not beeing beliveable...many things that happen in real life isn't that beliveable... yay.gif

Quote[/b] ]Another big issue you guys might face is consistency. RHS might be making a lot darker looking textures then, lets say for example Combat! (based so far of my experience with their addons, RHS favours a lot darker colours then CBT). This makes the units not fit quite together. It's a small thing, i know, but maybe you guys could try to standardize your colourpatterns/polygon counts to make everything seem coherent.

I'd think these teams are experienced enough to work together as one team, not several teams, and therefor discuss the textures and then manage to make all the textures fit together wink_o.gif

It's not totally the same story. Just based of.

Quote[/b] ]Another big issue you guys might face is consistency. RHS might be making a lot darker looking textures then, lets say for example Combat! (based so far of my experience with their addons, RHS favours a lot darker colours then CBT). This makes the units not fit quite together. It's a small thing, i know, but maybe you guys could try to standardize your colourpatterns/polygon counts to make everything seem coherent.

We already discussed these standards, don't worry about that.

Quote[/b] ]About the story: Do you guys already have plans on what armies will be put in (i havent read the book)? The two Germanies are a given. So are the US and USSR. But countries like Poland, Hungary and the Czechs/Slovaks, for them it's debateable whether or not they would participate (we are speaking 1985 after all).

Look at the mods that are cooperating. They all represent a country, so you will see those back ingame. Plus some other ones that will be worked on by all the team members.

Looking very nice and promising. smile_o.gif

Too bad the SDK isn't available yet for pre-ArmA modding work. sad_o.gif

However, with the end of this I have to give my utmost praise for this mod. It's damn time mods stop these small development teams and merge into large ones to make better quality addons.

OFP's form of addon communities of individual addons released will not work anymore, it's out dated. We need to move on to large mod teams working on projects, releasing large mods. I fully support this mod.

Very good notion!

I fully agree that with the uprising of Armed Assault, we have to abandone the old paradigms of small production teams creating addons in their style. It was such a mess that there was a need for MODS that organized the best of the best addons in one Package. Like FFUR or Y2K3. It's better if more teams would work together at creating single-outlined themed addons of high quality.

This might sound weird, but I think that this MOD collaboration is exactly what will appeal to many mission designers. Mission Designers want to reach out to a public, or else their work will feel useless to them, because players aren't giving recognition. This results into that the missions won't evolve into better works of art. Instead of having to download a separate compalition of addons to play one single mission, which is the main draw-back of having so many custom addons being produced by so many different studios with varying quality, a mission designer could be more specific in how to design his or her mission. As in, the designer picks an era of war and builds his/her mission concept around this era. Era/theme-wise construction of MODs may prove more beneficial to mission designers more than you might think. Main example: Finmod.

Will this mod include the "Luchs"?

Yep, most likely. smile_o.gif

Damn sounds great!

Im looking more forward to this mod, than to the release of ArmA wink_o.gif

WOW! Cannot wait to see U.S. Troops in BDU and ALICE gear and tanks rolling across Europe in the cold war. Looking forward to this, good luck to you guys smile_o.gif

I definetly like the sound of this project, and you have some of the most talented members behind you already it seems.

Do you have the British kit sorted yet, or are you looking for help with that?

afaik we have no british military atm. I guess we could use them , after all they made up a large section of non-german NATO troops in West Germany.

afaik we have no british military atm. I guess we could use them , after all they made up a large section of non-german NATO troops in West Germany.

In addition to what metalchris said. We have some models ready from independent addon makers (including me). We're still looking for people that can help fill up the Brit section a bit.

shame sad_o.gif

But really great render.

I can't wait to see these machines in ArmA.

But aren't they a little bit to detailed?

Good work guys. thumbs-up.gif

So far, no UK addon groups accepted or either they ignored our offers.

UKF havent had an email or IM as far as I'm aware? Or am I getting ahead of myself and we weren't considered good enough tounge2.gif

afaik , UKF has been invited ... a looooong time ago.

again, not to my knowledge - perhaps the wrong email address was used or an old member contacted.

I've certainly not seen or received anything r.e. this mod in the last 3 years of being with UKF

Quote[/b] ]forget that i ever posted this one

[edit] dutyfully ignored tounge2.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

As far as I know neither has the Falklands Team.

i really like this idea of an super addon making group so we have one really good mod in one pack instead of tousends good mods/addons etc

keep up the good work all your screens looking good

PMs being sent regarding the UK forces. smile_o.gif

Some miscommunication somewhere, methinks...

not to worry - im not bothered if we werent asked, i really dont think of us like that, but to be told we said no or ignored the offer is a little puzzling tounge2.gif