Sign in to follow this  
Sentralia

Americans unite!

Hello! I'm an American who just ordered the game from Germany, and should expect it next week. I want to know how many Americans are getting/or have this game. I am worried about joining servers from other countries, because of the language barriers. Also, lag might be an issue. I understand the people of UK speak English as well as mostly everyone. But joining servers, I would assume they would speak their native tongue (I don't blame them!wink_o.gif. I want to get to meet some American players, since most of America aren't hardcore-sim people like you Europeans! smile_o.gif Also, does this game support VOIP or some type of voice chat, or will Teamspeak or Vent be used? One more question, it seems like Europeans are into the simulations while America is into Battlefield 2 and its arcadiness? biggrin_o.gif

I'm from the US, but I heard CTF and online playing with human players is by far inferior to OFP. No point in buying it just for coop.

I'm an american and yes there are many of us who are have/will be getting arma before a US publisher is found.

Most euros, russians, latinos, asians, etc. etc. who play OFP can speak/understand english pretty well, and many of them are really nice people so don't limit your server searches based on languages (pings will be the real factor).

Regarding VOIP, I would assume that if OFP had VOIP, ArmA should have it too - but my community uses teamspeak.

It's true that most people in america play BF2, alot of people don't know about arma of OFP - it's up to us to get the word out! smile_o.gif

American here

It will take some work yet to get it to coop standards that you would like from OFP.

I am in a clan called -{GOL}- that are based in Europe, they all speak english, its the only language we use. Depending on when you are on playing you might be interested in joining up.

We do all coop's, no 10v10 ctf stuff.. bores me... clicky link in my sig and check us out..

Given the current choices: Czech version with StarForce or German version with performance issue, the cry for a supposedly badly needed patch from those who've already got their copies, and my 6 year old machine that wont see a replacement for a while, I think I'll wait a bit and see if an official US release ever becomes a possibility. wink_o.gif

Or as an American do I have no choice but to be stereotypically impatient? icon_rolleyes.gif

Stealth3, you sure do have the wrong reasons for wanting/not wanting ArmA, I'll tell you that much. wink_o.gif But I'm sure glad it isn't me saying things like that. whistle.gif

American here as well. Already had a german version shipped out and should be getting it next week. Plan on playing solely co-op and perhaps some CTI, depending on the quality of the new *CTI missions.

We'll see how it goes,

- dRB

im american, i flew to czec and got me a copy and been playin for 2 days now, damn what a game.. but when the american version comes out im going to rebuy it

I'm from the US, but I heard CTF and online playing with human players is by far inferior to OFP. No point in buying it just for coop.

I think you mean 'superior'.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Im American and an OFP fan from the first.  I plan on picking it up.  Hey for those that have ordered it, who did you order it from.

I understand the people of UK speak English as well as mostly everyone.

Since we English (you know, the people who live in the England part of the UK) "invented" the English language (ok, mashed together a lot of other languages, but thats beside the point) and then forced it onto all of our "United" Kingdoms, I'd hope we all speak it. Ofcourse there are ethnic minorities in the UK who do not speak English, but as a rule anyone on a game server from the UK will be able to speak English.

No hablo espanol? rofl.gif

Alright, good to hear! Glad some people like it thumbs-up.gif I'm going to be playing the single-player campaign when I get it, to get used to it! I ordered mine from armamods.net The customer support is amazing, they got back to my emails very quickly, even if they did have some problems with their store. They told me they received the shipments from Morphicon and are shipping it tommorow.

Alright, good to hear! Glad some people like it thumbs-up.gif I'm going to be playing the single-player campaign when I get it, to get used to it! I ordered mine from armamods.net The customer support is amazing, they got back to my emails very quickly, even if they did have some problems with their store. They told me they received the shipments from Morphicon and are shipping it tommorow.

How much was it in dollars (including shipping costs)? Did you use a credit card or paypal? I might get if from the site you mentioned if it isn't too expensive.

How much was it in dollars (including shipping costs)? Did you use a credit card or paypal? I might get if from the site you mentioned if it isn't too expensive.

I think it cost like $75US ( that includes shipping). They lowered their price after I bought it (bad luck sad_o.gif). Only $15 to ship to the U.S. and they say it takes only 3-5 business days.

I'm an American too smile_o.gif and have enjoyed OFP for years now. I visit this forum every few days for updates hoping to see when AA will be available.

Anyway, an off-topic question because I've been drinking some weak American beer (coors lite) and Jager...I'm very curious and wondering IF I will see Christmas trees all over near the holiday season in AA..? there better be. Hope BIS was clever enough to keep the addon to please us all in the small things that OFP had to offer.

Enough of my supidity, cheers, Kdog~~

I may very well order a Czech version. I haven't heard of any ArmA-related Starforce problems, so it sounds acceptable to me. I would have gone with the German version, but I'd rather have a working Starforced Czech copy than a nonworking German copy.

Yeah, I'm an American, but I'm planning to wait until the US version comes out (if BI ever finds a publisher for us). I'm at school now and my laptop couldn't run the game anyway, so I might as well wait, right?

If somebody makes an awesome zombie mod for ArmA I'll be thrilled.

Speaking of which, does anyone know of an online shop that an American can buy a Czech copy from?

SniperAndy has access PM him on these forums.

I'm U.S. and have the Czech copy. Will buy Americanized version when/if it gets here, I pray without Starforce, but I have no issues to complain about yet.

Quote[/b] ]I want to get to meet some American players, since most of America aren't hardcore-sim people like you Europeans!

There are more of use here than you realize.  wink_o.gif

I'm American and I'm waiting

1. For an English language version

2. A version with a non intrusive type of Copy protection (like none)

3. My new computer with a e6700 and GF8800

See ya a couple of patches from now.

OFP community is great, almost all can speak english even if its not perfect its still english. So you dont have to search exactly for "English Servers"

Expect me and other USI to be online with Armed Assault with the English 505 release. I would buy a Czech version now if my computer was capable of handling the game. My computer barely meets minimum requirements, but I plan on buying a new rig around the New Year.

xmas_o.gif

I am in Las Vegas and am waiting on my copies from Germany and Czech. My squad will be hosting a server ASAP when everything is available.

I'll wait for the American language copy. rofl.gif

j/k I already got the czech one, but I'm going to buy ArmA in US stores as soon as it's available.