Sign in to follow this  
The-Architect

ADDON FREE Resistance missions

Play as Victor Troska in these Resistance missions that were going to be part of a campaign before I lost all my data.

The story is an alternative to the BIS Resistance campaign but with the same people. I was going to make a whole thing up but it never materialised. There are four missions altogether.

Features,

Intros and Outros

Weapon selections

Day and night missions

Voice acting from Victor Troska et al*

*Many people thought that I'd simply copied extracts from the BIS campaign to get Troska to say what I wanted in the missions. The actual method was to cut and paste, words and phrases together to get the text I was after. A painstaking process but it actually worked.

The 4 mission long campaign is not in one DL. I never got that far. Instead, the missions are single player missions that you will have to DL one at a time. No addons are needed except maybe editor upgrade, but you probably have that anyway. Even so, I'm not sure you even need that.

Mission 1. Battle Cry.

Join up with your men. Short and easy. A little unpolished though. You could easily skip this DL as nothing really happens. If you want the full story though DL and play it first.

Mission2. Demolition.

A challenging mission which sees you attacking a convoy to get weapons. You'll need to be pretty good here to avoid failing the mission. If any of the convoy gets through you'll fail. Good squad command will see you through with no difficulty.

Mission 3. Strike at the Bear.

This is a tough mission. You'll have to be fully alert and on the top of your game to complete this one. You have to destroy an ememy base and kill it's commander. Infiltration is what makes it tough. Get spotted and the whole base will come alive and be reinforced. A tip is to steal silenced weapons from Spetz Naz before infiltrating the base. A fully rewarding mission once completed.

Mission 4. Thunderclap.

After the previous mission you have the ability to strike the Russians hard. Use Tanks and infantry to smash bases along the North of Nogova. A big mission with support from various different squads. If you lose too many squad members, remember to get reinforcments from the cliff top base above the minefields.

You can get these missions from my site here.

http://www.freewebs.com/ofpbob/myvictortroskamissions.htm

Hope you enjoy, and don't forget the feedback.

downloading them now, i'll let you know what i think in the next day or two. happy new year : )

okay, some enjoyable ofp action smile_o.gif

i've listed all the problems/issues i found, the missions were generally well done, especially as they use no addons and use the res voice acting. the briefings and cinematics were generally very good! the bases were also very well made, and i enjoyed the ammo dump.

overall i'd say that the missions are quite easy, except for the third one which was very hard due to ambushes.

---------------------------

01 - battle cry

cinematics

- typing effect poor. sound too low in pitch and text fades in too slow so that the effect is lost.

- intro battle is long and shows ofp combat at its worst, tank rush to within 10m of inf, then spins around.

mission

- player name is not set to victor

- unclear why viktor is in maldrova, we see him at his home in dolina in intro

- first checkpoint, instruction "forward" is vague, is he talking to his troops, or telling you to pass?

- second checkpoint, fixed MG mis-aligned, gunner is stuck in sandbags

- if player stops at checkpoint, nothing happens? shouldn't the russians talk to him, mission fail etc?

- no reason why player must use the path on map, it is possible to drive via south road by-passing both checkpoints

- tractor driving in forest seems out of place

02 - demolition

- gear selection too generous

- if ammo trucks blowup, cutscene starts but player can still be killed, starting the standard death sequence(?)

- mission area limitation way too tight. killing player for abitrary reason is weak design.

- convoy does not act as one convoy, but 2. eg bmp can be mins ahead of trucks, uaz can be crashed.

- if attacked convoy sometimes choose to go completely off road instead of following road.

- when ambushed convoy seems to try to continue driving to destination rather than fight back. the dissembark, then get straigh back in and drive on!

- helicopter seems to start only if uaz crew is dead, not on general contact. I killed bmp, then trucks, then found upside down uaz 600m south. killed the crew then mission ends, but i hear the heli starting up.

- never needed to evacuate? mission description suggest that quick evacuation would be needed (sounded fun)

03 - snakebite

- briefing - spelling error, objective 2 (hidout)

- gear selection is suddenly very tight?? default selection useless, why attack enemy base with shotguns?

- cruel enemy placement, unorthodox military behaviour? very tough to survive entering the town.

- some bmp crew in main base start inside a closed building

- spetz natz at north camp start inside closed log building (i was killed many times by a gun pointing out of the wall)

- high number of enterable vehicles, not used in mission. i would lock most of them, especially the hind. player is not a pilot.

- tank re-enforcements should patrol around the area, searching rather than sitting in the town square waiting to get blown up.

- ai generally non-reactive to my attack. grouplink or ecp would help this. I shot my way into the town, killed everyone but teh commanders, then went back up the hill to find spetz natz lazing about a camp fire.

- commander/officers should react to attack, rather than stand in barn forever waiting for player. make him fight or run away?

04 - thunderclap

- briefing - spelling error, enemy forces section (operatiing)

- i dont think the spetz natz ambush should be on the map from the beginning, it is stupid to know about enemy forces/landmines and still drive straight into them!

- why update the retry position 3 seconds into mission??

- res tanks start the attack on the base in turned out position?

- 4 tanks working as seperate groups? without a formation/group the res forces get destroyed by weaker foes! also no communication between tanks

- killing the officers seems a bit unneccesary, especially as they are out of view of the main base. again, they don't react in any way to the attack.

- fighting the t72 patrol was hard due to the lack of formation and communication, and stupid AI bouncing down the hill.

- res tanks will sometimes drive to the medic rather than through the ambush valley

- res tanks will explode no matter what their location.

- i lost touch with the ammo dump radio group, where do they go?? i could hear shooting to the east.

- t80 next to ammo truck is a too easy target, they would be on alert.

- i rpged the ammo truck, then the heli, mission ends despite having ~30 russians within 200m aiming at me. also in debriefing the third objective is not ticked.