Sign in to follow this  
el Gringo Loco

Australian Refugee problem

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (L24A @ Jan. 29 2002,03:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Did the australians forget what their forefathers were?

right, <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>PRISONERS!!</span><span id='postcolor'>

1. The indonesians, instead of taking IN refugees, put .50 in the hull of thier ships and cast them away. We took them in, and gave them better treatment than many of our citizens are getting, and they go and riot, because thier applications for visa's, arnt being processed fast enough.

2. Our forefathers wernt prisoners. Many of the passangers in the first fleet were prisoners, yes, but over the just 30 years after the first fleet, they were outnumbered by serveral thousand times by LEGAL immigrants. I do not know of a single person who i have ever met who has criminal ancestory, and even the one person who i DO know who had someone in thier family in the first fleet, he was a british marine. Australia is mostly made up of LEGAL immigrants, who didnt break the law to come here, and who didnt riot and threaten to kill themselves because they wernt being processed fast enough.

3.These people are illegal immigrants, who havnt just been sent back to thier countries, they have been granted (partly) refugee status, and are being processed right now.

Get your facts strait before attacking my country.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Jan. 29 2002,15:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, nazi or not the situation is handled in a bad way. I am not thinking about the solution with the camps, I am not informed enough to comment on it. It seems like a good idea, as long as they are treated fairly.

What I AM talking about is stuff like the incident with that boatload of refugees that was refused to dock. The boat that was kept at sea while people on it were dieing. THAT is fucked up. Like someone said, the refugees are people to. I think there is a lot of closet racism going on all over the world because if they had been "white" the situation would have been resolved much faster.

As for the refugees not being real refugees, that's a load of bull. Some, even most, might have been rich by their nations standard. Does that make them less of a refugee? You telling me that just because you have the means to escape a shitty situation you can't? I don't buy that. I hope you don't either.<span id='postcolor'>

Nobody died there, all the people needing medical attention were taken asshore and treated properly. They arnt real refugees, they are illegal immigrants who want to fast track the immigrations lines and get free welfare, and then dont do anything because they dont have any real official records to be put on the work for the doll scheme. Im all for taking in the refugees who are in dire trouble and need help, the ones from wartorn countries, and the legal immigrants who just want to come to australia by doing it the right way, but if they feel that they have a right to do it illegally, they should be treated as prisoners, because they did the wrong thing.

Someone brought up the example of them paying heaps of cash to get a ride on the boats. So if i paid a criminal a million dollars to kill my nextdoor nieghbour, would you just say, hey look at how much money he spent, he must have needed it really badly?

As stateb up the page is the fact that most of these people (refugees) are nothing more that que jumpers, as the vast majority of the payed around $20.000AUD to get a boat ride here (OZ), in one case I know off a family paying around $60.000AUD for the boat ride.

Also something that should not be over looked, is the fact that only a small percentage of Australia is habitable, mostly the outer edge and that’s only around 60%. Of the outer edge. Our resources are really only able to sustain our current population. This may sound far fetched but trust me the land mass of Australia is only able to handle 25million tops, these figures I found came from the CSIRO which is the Australian governments science labs.

Over all I am not against real refuges, but as for these que jumpers, well send them back to whatever rock they came from.

"So if i paid a criminal a million dollars to kill my nextdoor nieghbour, would you just say, hey look at how much money he spent, he must have needed it really badly? "

So you think commiting murder is equal to fleeing your land and trying to immigrate to a new one? This explains a lot...

So if i paid a criminal a million dollars to kill my nextdoor nieghbour, would you just say, hey look at how much money he spent, he must have needed it really badly? "

So you think commiting murder is equal to fleeing your land and trying to immigrate to a new one? This explains a lot...

WTF?confused.gif I was saying that the majority of the refuges that we are getting at the moment are economic refuges, (you know they want to come here to make more and more $$$$ and to start with they are loaded, as they have 20grand to spare) these are the ones I don’t like. The people that have been persecuted in there homeland because the government is all fucked up, I feel they are welcome here. Also a note that a large number of theses people are from Afghanistan, as far as I can see there is now no reason why they should stay here, there country is now no longer living under the Jack Boot of the Taliban, so I say send them back to help rebuild Afganistan.

"Also a note that a large number of theses people are from Afghanistan, as far as I can see there is now no reason why they should stay here there country, is now no longer living under the Jack Boot of the Taliban"

And this would make their situation any better? It was worse even before the Taliban. While it is a tad more stabile right now, it is far from good. They have no infrastructure, health care is shot to pieces, there are no paying jobs, getting food for your family is not something taken for granted. I for one would not want to live in such a shit hole.

The problem is not that we have refugees. The problem is WHY we have refugees. We have refugees because these people KNOW they will not succeed in their own country. Even some of the richest people there don't even have the same standard as a middle class citizen here in Sweden. If I lived in such a place, I would try to get to "the promised lands" aswell. If "the west" want to stop the stream of refugees those people have to be helped in their home country, not processed in ours. Its fucked up, but that is the way it is.

Are you an Australian  Longinius

NOTE: i have lived there my farther was a forman on the construction of the mines when i was a kid and trust me they live better than we did , we dident have air-conditioning they do

No, I am Swedish. The refugee problem is worldwide though. You get them on boats, we get them in containers and trailers.

Well that explains all

Unless you have the time to sit down a read what’s really going and be here on the ground then you will not have a grasp on the situation. The world media would have you bleave that the are just protesting in Woomera this is not so we have them all over the country and they are all complaint that they should be let into the country with out being processed (back ground checks). Today I have watched the BBC and CNN and the view they are giving is not what is really happening there. Trust me this is no shit, if anyone out there can say that they would let potential criminals strait in to there country then they MUST be fucked in the head, there is no other way to put it, because really we don’t know the history’s of these people, also as I sit here the Australian Afghan counsel has just come out and said that its time for all afghans to return home and help rebuild the country. So what else is there to say ???The real refuges are welcome but the ones that are coming here paying 20Grand and have change to spare can go fuck them selves.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Jan. 30 2002,15:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"So if i paid a criminal a million dollars to kill my nextdoor nieghbour, would you just say, hey look at how much money he spent, he must have needed it really badly? "

So you think commiting murder is equal to fleeing your land and trying to immigrate to a new one? This explains a lot...<span id='postcolor'>

i never said that, im just saying, that paying to break the law, isnt a get out of jail free card.

areMay i also mention how "badly" they are being treated.

They have- Satellite television- most australians dont even have this.

Access to computers- They could post here if they wanted to, but instead of doing anything constructive, they go and riot. ( im not saying that it would help the situation by posting here smile.gif )

They email thier families in whereever the hell they come from, so that means that thier families cant be all that bad off (even thought they are SOOO poor).

They have air conditioning, unlike most australian schools.

The reason that they are rioting, and being basic fucktards, is that they are not being processed. Infact, they are being processed, they just dont like the rate at which it is happening.

They are being treated better than our criminals, even though thats what they are, and so they feel that they have to cause trouble, by being idiots, and demanding that they be processed infront of legal, non-law breaking people escaping the lives where they dont have access to email everyday and the other luxuries that bring the ability to pay 20,000 dollars to break the law.

christophercles sory about that , i wasen't having a go at you just they people that arnt here , and still pretend to know whats going on , i have mis-read your post in one of my replys

Also, i just noticed on the news, that the government hasnt changed its stance on the situation, yet the "refugees", and i use the term lightly, have chosen to revoke thier claims that they will commit scuicide, and thier hunger strikes. So thier need to jump the que is dire enough to need to cause controversy, and show australians as the bad guys, but not badly enough to go hungry.

go for it christophercles

i am sick of this Australia bashing

CHEACKUP ON ALL THE FACTS FIRST NON AUSTRALIANS

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (168GRN HPBT @ Jan. 30 2002,17:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">christophercles sory about that , i wasen't having a go at you just they people that arnt here , and still pretend to know whats going on , i have mis-read you post in one of my replys<span id='postcolor'>

np smile.gif

Noone has been bashing Australia here. Critizising is not the same as bashing. Its a shame if you think it is. Like you stated, those of us who are not there only know what media tells us. And like I said, I am not informed enough to comment the camps and rioting. And I am not commenting that for this very reason.

However, thinking this is a unique problem to Australia is very naive and uniformed. Most of the western nations are having this problem. Sweden has had it for years. The refugees might arrive with boat or by container, that does not matter. The point is that they DO arrive.

Don’t worry Longinius I don’t think its just an Australian problem as the title of this topic will tell you this was a stab at my country, and I am sure no mater what country your from you would have reacted the same way.

I wasn’t having a go at you, just the moron who started the topic

Also I am always astounded at how the media, be it Australian or word twist the facts to what they see as the popular view, when this all started the Australian media was on the side of the Boat People until a phone pole, that made them realise that 89% of the Australian public was with the Australian government, some of the other poles showed a support rate of up to 95%.

It’s a shame that in this day and age with the technology we have be it Internet and TV we can still be so ignorant and blinded to the facts, who ever controls the news controls the dumb people . as there are few people who can sift through the shit they spew out :-))

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">fucktards<span id='postcolor'>

ROFLOL!!!

I will jot this one down for future refrence!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (168GRN HPBT @ Jan. 30 2002,07:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I was saying that the majority of the refuges that we are getting at the moment are economic refuges, (you know they want to come here to make more and more $$$$ and to start with they are loaded, as they have 20grand to spare) these are the ones I don’t like. The people that have been persecuted in there homeland because the government is all fucked up, I feel they are welcome here.<span id='postcolor'>

So, um, you're happy to take in people who'll be living off welfare or flipping burgers, but you're not willing to take in people who'll bring money and useful business skills into Australia? Don't you think you have that somewhat backwards?

HMMMM gee let me think NO mad.gif if these peolpe want to get here (Australia) then they should have to go through the same process as all the other Immigrants, rather that short circuit the system we have the system for a reason, its not there so that every reffo with some $$$ can just come here and live, if they are the people that we want in Australia then they will be aloud to move here same as every other country, why these people think they are better than all the other's I don’t know, really I don’t give a flying fuck, they should try the correct way, and if they don’t like that they can get fucked. It’s that simple

As mike mentioned earlier, we get a lot of Kosovans and Bosnians and such coming over to the UK. This is immediately clear to me, as loads of them work in factories (where I am, processed meat production lines)

And they are always getting into fights and stabbing eachother.

This post hasnt really got a point, I jsut thoguht I would mention what happens where I am smile.gif

They come from where-ever to indonesia then get in a boat & head for cape york or the pointy bit & the top right of australia cause indonesia is really close to aus & that's were all the smugglers are

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They come from where-ever to indonesia then get in a boat & head for cape york or the pointy bit & the top right of australia cause indonesia is really close to aus & that's were all the smugglers are<span id='postcolor'>

Close they are mostly from the Middle East -Afghanistan, yes they do gather in Indonesia but they don’t land on the cape (the pointy bit) they mostly land on the west coast of the landmass (Western Australia) they have also been known to arrive along the coats of the Northern Territory,

When I live in the uk it got rather out of hand there was a situation in wapping Close to the city of London where the goverment had built multi million pound flats for some banglidesh migrants/refugee they refused to move in because the toilet was facing the wrong way mad mad mad and another situation where a refugee brought his wives with him and kids demandefd houses for them got 2 houses sky tv etc and benifits of Å30,000 more than some people earn in a year and runs around in a new merc`y how crazy is this.

Just something to think about.