Sign in to follow this  
White_Hat

German Version out!

I'm so happy for the German fans! Here in Canada we can only grunt and wish Santa knew what Armed Assault was. That is because there is still no distributor for N. America!

It is hard to believe they can't find one. Heck, if I had the money I'd do it for them.

Maybe they can't get past the Homeland Security folks in the USA because it is a war game. smile_o.gif

If you had the german SE you wouldn't be happy at all. Most of the people get CTD's and get dropped from the servers with the message "original games don't fade...". Morphicon is aware of it and they will try to include a fix in the "hotfix" they are working on that causes major performance issues in the german version compared to the czech version. So you can be happy you don't have it yet.

(Placebo as well btw, cause people would rampage this fourm atm) tounge2.gif

How many more times does it have to be mentioned that N America does'nt have a distributor.

Read what you quote much?

Here in Canada we can only grunt and wish Santa knew what Armed Assault was.  That is because there is still no distributor for N. America

Considering he demonstrated knowledge of the fact that there is no North American distributor, maybe you can deduce that the stuff about Homeland Security was a joke?  Or you can just repeat what he said and act like he's a retard for not knowing it biggrin_o.gif

I'm leaning towards waiting for an official US version myself, and I can wait for a distributor. ArmA 1.3 sounds about right smile_o.gif

the odd camera when driving a vehicle ( try drive by steering with the mouse... ) that is too fixed and always tries to jump back to its original place if you stop to steer for a millisecond.

Not to mention the helicopter controls... who came up with this?!

The list is endless and before i can enjoy this it needs  lot of bugfixing sad_o.gif

I agree also, the 3rd person view on vehciles is horrible now, it was so much more usefull and easier to use in OFP.

And yes the chopper controls are weird, like I've said before I really dont know how ArmA was released with such choppers as the Mi17 as it's a laugh to watch people trying to fly it in CTI. I've never seen so many choppers crashed before in a single game of all my OFP years since 2001 lol.

And yes the game is still very buggy in a lot of ways, even the offical missions dont work properly, destroy the convoy mission in the campaign where the convoy is meant to drive through a town, they stop well before the town everytime I've tried it.

I agree also, the 3rd person view on vehciles is horrible now, it was so much more usefull and easier to use in OFP.

And yes the chopper controls are weird, like I've said before I really dont know how ArmA was released with such choppers as the Mi17 as it's a laugh to watch people trying to fly it in CTI. I've never seen so many choppers crashed before in a single game of all my OFP years since 2001 lol.

And yes the game is still very buggy in a lot of ways, even the offical missions dont work properly, destroy the convoy mission in the campaign where the convoy is meant to drive through a town, they stop well before the town everytime I've tried it.

seriously, you play the game in 3rd person view?! in all the years i've never ONCE played OPFP in 3rd person view...it totally kills the emersion.

also there is a chopper thread out there where everybody can bitch about how they're not able to fly the choppers anymore!

me, i love the new choppers. they're extremely challenging to fly which feels realistic to me. i'm really sick of people complaining because they actually need to train to fly choppers well in this game! it's not like they're impossible to fly, it just needs a lot of practice and getting used to!

I'm so happy for the German fans! Here in Canada we can only grunt and wish Santa knew what Armed Assault was. That is because there is still no distributor for N. America!

It is hard to believe they can't find one. Heck, if I had the money I'd do it for them.

Maybe they can't get past the Homeland Security folks in the USA because it is a war game. smile_o.gif

If you had the german SE you wouldn't be happy at all. Most of the people get CTD's and get dropped from the servers with the message "original games don't fade...". Morphicon is aware of it and they will try to include a fix in the "hotfix" they are working on that causes major performance issues in the german version compared to the czech version. So you can be happy you don't have it yet.

this looks like a nightmare... every body complaining and not happy about German version..

Original DVD is a fade one.. Hot fix is needed every time we install game..

Im sure all people will buy the game 2 times when its fully fixed and 100% operational.

edit:

they're extremely challenging to fly which feels realistic to me. i'm really sick of people complaining because they actually need to train to fly choppers well in this game! it's not like they're impossible to fly, it just needs a lot of practice and getting used to!

no, the choppers need to be fixed!

there are no force in joy and some old features dont work.

this looks like a nightmare... every body complaining and not happy about German version..

Original DVD is a fade one.. Hot fix is needed every time we install game..

Im sure all people will buy the game 2 times when its fully fixed and 100% operational.

I'm going to be sending my German version back to BIS for a refund with a nasty letter

I'm going to be sending my German version back to BIS for a refund with a nasty letter

with a nasty letter?! huh.gif

what you gonna win with that?

only a refund letter would be enough.. or send the DVD back till they fixed all or become really GOLD and ask for that DVD in return.

Remember: ITS NOT BIS FAULT. Blame publishers!

edit: but i agree with that somehow.. people can not even play MP games with original versions.. instead we have to wait for a hot fix..

could be worst then that tounge2.gif

hopefully that hotfix will come fast, otherwise I'm going to bomb morphicon tounge2.gif

I think the blackhawk handles best with a Joystick, MH 6 and AH 1Z are far too sensitive. I don't say flight handling is bad, but the ones from that Helos is bad configured...

but thats all about configuring them so I think it's not hard to fix 'em

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Original DVD is a fade one..

what does that mean?

Quote[/b] ]no, the choppers need to be fixed!

what old features?

i was talking about people who are complaining that the choppers are too hard to fly which is complete nonsense.

what does that mean?

fade i think its means a copy of a copy, (not original)

what old features?

i was talking about people who are complaining that the choppers are too hard to fly which is complete nonsense.

choppers are not the best in terms of control. in my opinion they need to be fixed. I have the feeling that some are planes.. when you do a maneuver it will drop like a stone when you go up and side.. in choppers it shouldnt happen..

i have a feeling BIS will fix them for better.

what does that mean?

what old features?

Oh look out its the elite tounge2.gif

Seriously where is this flight system fun?

They wanted to make ArmA easier to attrat people that didnt play it back then cause it was too complex by changing most functions etc and then they come up with a system that just made me shake my head and hit the exit button.. that aint fun...

BUt i guess if i had lots of free time i could train for hours each day and then "have fun" with it... unfortunatly that isnt the case.

infact the ah1z, mh6, ah6 and so on are just crappy configed...they feel like they their weight is 50kg or so...

I still think the Blackhawk handles best, though it's a bit sensitive too...

but I guess thats all config stuff, not the flight modell itself.

Lets just hope BIS screwed some values and this is easiely fixable.

For now i just need a performance patch/fix to have some fun with the campaign.

agreed shadow, and hopefully they will improve the engine and stuff!

although I cannot wait to get home from work and play ArmA again smile_o.gif

for me, it's even fun to have some simple firefights on rahmadi... inlove.gif

My Arma arrived today. smile_o.gif

I have the German version without the lower framerates.

When Arma is loaded, my DVD drive isn`t running.

Maybe that bug is somewhat related to WinXP, or SP2 perhaps.

I´m still using Win2K Professional with SP3. wink_o.gif

The german release sucks monkey balls. They wrecked a great game...

Well, I'm off to the bug thread again.

Oh look out its the elite  tounge2.gif

Seriously where is this flight system fun?

They wanted to make ArmA easier to attrat people that didnt play it back then cause it was too complex by changing most functions etc and then they come up with a system that just made me shake my head and hit the exit button.. that aint fun...

BUt i guess if i had lots of free time i could train for hours each day and then "have fun" with it... unfortunatly that isnt the case.

part of the fun is in mastering it.

after mastering it, it will be 10 times more fun because you will actually have a feeling of "being good at this", while other people still suck completely.

i guess you're not the simulation kind of guy? otherwise you wouldn't ask such a question. probably don't even need to ask you wether you've ever tried flying a chopper in ms flight simulator?

i have and failed misserably.

compared to MSFS the ARMA flightmodel is ridiculously easy and simplified, which is good since it's not a flight sim.

however ARMA IS supposed to be a military simulation...personally i think the challenge is about right.

p.s. it's not the fault of BIS that you do not have the time to master a complex game such as ARMA. simulators are not supposed to be "pick up and play" experiences.

p.p.s the hotfix is out!:

HOTFIX!

Well its like food, some like to make a novel cuisine dinner served on 10 plates and some just wanna eat because theyre hungry.

I for myself am most time only hungry, in other words i just wanna play.

I like a sim from time to time but i dont need any screw simulated, and if youll look around you dont find that many that love this new way of flying.

And if Sgt_Eversman is right and this flying behaviour is mostly caused by the Helicopters and planes being bad configured then i would have a good laugh at this amazing and hard to learn new flight controls.

Anyway, i simply dont like how it is atm and im not alone with that opinion, offcourse there will always be someone telling me im just too dumb to understand what a masterpiece something is.

If they wanna go foir har realöism then please lets do the same for all classes, in other words get rid of the T72 and remodel it, especially the fancy DshK that never was mounted on T72s, also for my realism tastes i want several ammo loadouts and offcourse realistic interiours and then i can learn to master my realistic tank...

Well its like food, some like to make a novel cuisine dinner served on 10 plates and some just wanna eat because theyre hungry.

I like a sim from time to time but i dont need any screw simulated, and if youll look around you dont find that many that love this new way of flying.

And if Sgt_Eversman is right and this flying behaviour is mostly caused by the Helicopters and planes being bad configured then i would have a good laugh at this amazing and hard to learn new flight controls.

Anyway, i simply dont like how it is atm and im not alone with that opinion, offcourse there will always be someone telling me im just too dumb to understand what a masterpiece something is.

If they wanna go foir har realöism then please lets do the same for all classes, in other words get rid of the T72 and remodel it, especially the fancy DshK that never was mounted on T72s, also for my realism tastes i want several ammo loadouts and offcourse realistic interiours and then i can learn to master my realistic tank...

ok, look shadow...this isn't the chopper thread so...you have your opinion (ARMA should be more action-oriented) and i have mine (ARMA should be a simulation). and we are both not alone with our opinions so let's just leave it at that.

if you really like sims give the choppers in flight simulator a go. it's an interesting experience smile_o.gif

also don't take this too personally man, i wasn't calling you dumb smile_o.gif

peace

Amazons pants..

Supply presumably: 2. December. 2006 - 11 December. 2006 1 supply by German post office package 1 copy (E) of: Armed Assault sells of: Amazon.de  translated with babble fish.. so I guess ArmA is out of stock.. and could be due in anytime from the 2 of dec to the 11 of dec.. then say addon 5 days for some spotty drop out to find my order and ship it.. and then another 5 days to get here... oh and then u have the xmas postal close down.. joy to the world!! oh and I preordered it about the 2nd of october.

smile_o.gif Arma worked good before patching to 1.1.

Now it runs even better.

I think i did right to pick a new videocard with 512MB RAM, instead of 256MB.

seriously, you play the game in 3rd person view?! in all the years i've never ONCE played OPFP in 3rd person view...it totally kills the emersion.

also there is a chopper thread out there where everybody can bitch about how they're not able to fly the choppers anymore!

me, i love the new choppers. they're extremely challenging to fly which feels realistic to me. i'm really sick of people complaining because they actually need to train to fly choppers well in this game! it's not like they're impossible to fly, it just needs a lot of practice and getting used to!

Yes I play the game in both 1st and 3rd person view, and the answer is pretty simple why. You obviously haven't played much OFP in MP? Dont mind me when I accidently run you over, if you want such realistic views then we need working mirrors aswell, so until then I use 3rd person view more for vehicles.

"Extremely challenging to fly" do you think just because something's hard to do it's realistic? I'd really love to see a real Mi17 pilot fly the one in ArmA, it would be a good laugh just like what I've allready seen in MP.

And you dont need to tell me "it needs a lot of practice and getting used to" I've flown flight sims since 1997 and have FS 98, 2000, 2002, 2004, FSX, LockOn and Falcon 4. I have a fairly good idea of what a decent flight sim should feel like.

I wasn't expecting 100% realistic physics in ArmA but I was expecting it to be more user friendly (especially the Mi17 which currently gives east a dissadvantage in MP)

ok, look shadow...this isn't the chopper thread so...you have your opinion (ARMA should be more action-oriented) and i have mine (ARMA should be a simulation). and we are both not alone with our opinions so let's just leave it at that.

if you really like sims give the choppers in flight simulator a go. it's an interesting experience smile_o.gif

also don't take this too personally man, i wasn't calling you dumb smile_o.gif

peace

Erm no... i dont want OFP to be more action like, i say if you wanna simulate things realistic then do it on all aspects and not amke simple vehicles and on the opposite uber complex helicopters smile_o.gif

All i want is a system that is friendly to all players wich the old system was.

But like you said everyone got his opinions.