Sign in to follow this  
Symbiot

New fire texture addon

tounge2.gif

Nice work on the fire FX, gives it that nice "dry" feel, rather than the very liquid feel of the standard textures.

Why don't you make this a mod instead?

Then you won't have any trouble with people showing up with modified files everywhere.

You can copy yr original file, modify it & put it in yr mod folder...

Not very difficult isn't it ?

I'm not gonna touch this.

I'm just a bit sad to see the trend of doing modifications the wrong way continuing in ArmA, that's what made keeping cheaters out of OFP so hard.

Well, nevermind. Not my problem anyway. Nice change btw.

Wow...it looks great thumbs-up.gif downloading now and test it!

Please watch your filesizes, you're not new so you cannot fail to know the forum rules by now.

Looks like a job well done, hope to see some more of your tweaks smile_o.gif

I watched the movie a couple of times and compared it to some others and I like the texture changes.

Cant wait to see your "smoke texture change" wink_o.gif

nice one, the modding has started biggrin_o.gif

but i think it would be nicer if all the new stuff will be collected and put into one mod, that would make all way easier! wink_o.gif

Symbiot, it would be great if u can get in touch with some other modders or directly to a mod-making-community, so they can put ur stuff directly into their mod! smile_o.gif

looking forward to more nice stuff from u, will test the fire in 3days!

How do you "Repack" this?

same question, how do we "repack" this?

How do you "Repack" this?

same question, how do we "repack" this?

Use PBO software that can both read and write prefix headers when working with PBOs, they are required by ArmA.

I'm just a bit sad to see the trend of doing modifications the wrong way continuing in ArmA, that's what made keeping cheaters out of OFP so hard.

If someone is too stupid to put it in their own mod folder and wonder why they keep getting kicked, then thats their own fault.

Nice mod by the way.

Well done, much better.

Some time ago, when working on the BAS blackhawks or lb's cant remember which, I used the fire texture from DF BHD to produce a similar effect to what BIS has done with arma, but I was dissatisfied with it, so it never got any further.

For similar reasons the default BIS fire textures dont look right, the flames arent to scale or something, I dunno, but something is wrong.

Anyway, your new ones are much better by the look of it. Well done.

Now all we need is someone to redo all the soldier models to get rid of that disgusting red paint.

WHAT THE HELL KIND OF 'ARTIST' WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT?huh.gif? <end rant> crazy_o.gif

keep it up

TJ

Now all we need is someone to redo all the soldier models to get rid of that disgusting red paint.

WHAT THE HELL KIND OF 'ARTIST' WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT?huh.gif? <end rant> crazy_o.gif

keep it up

TJ

I guess the kind of artist good enough to get payed for what he does, i thought the VBS1 models were something special but the Arma ones... insane, when i first saw them i couldnt believe my eyes smile_o.gif .

If someone is too stupid to put it in their own mod folder and wonder why they keep getting kicked, then thats their own fault.

Nice mod by the way.

Not everyone is old OFP'ers and is pretty new to the game. Sometimes it really helps when thinking before speaking icon_rolleyes.gif

Nice mod by the way.

Not everyone is old OFP'ers and is pretty new to the game. Sometimes it really helps when thinking before speaking icon_rolleyes.gif

Well when you get kicked from a server and see a message like "your files don't match the server's" it isn't hard to figure out why. OFP and ArmA are not the only games that people can customize in this way. Most people should be able to learn after being kicked once. Any decent online game kicks people with modified files.