Sign in to follow this  
mazza

Ashes to Ashes

Quote[/b] ]Only sports which are strictly international have any chance of remaining as topics for discussion on these forums.

Hmm there is a paintball thread, a US politcs thread?? Very international. I'm sure if I look there are other non international events in the off topic section

My intentions of the thread was to discuss/stir/have fun about a great sporting event. However your call, perhaps you are not a cricket fan?

which sport is it about? cos I have no clue...

Cricket. I see a lock coming up again:

Quote[/b] ]§7)No public discussion on how the forum is moderated

If you have questions/complaints/comments that you wish to make about the board or moderators or anything like that please PM them to a moderator, we will do our utmost to reply to any that we receive, please remember we have lives outside of the forum so can't promise to reply immediately. If you have an issue that you feel cannot be solved by another moderator then please PM the head moderator (Placebo) he will be happy to look into the matter.

his talkin about Cricket. wink_o.gif And how Australia is kickin arse. biggrin_o.gif I know its only the first test but..........yay yay.gif Poms go home tounge2.gif

cricket would have been my wild guess. imo it IS quite international as it's played world wide excluding america and "the rest of europe" biggrin_o.gif

Those parts of the world dont count when its comes to Cricket. tounge2.gif

Speakin of which, is anyone on these boards goin to the ashes?

Poms go home tounge2.gif

you do realise the intense irony in that statement don't you?

Hmm there is a paintball thread, a US politcs thread?? Very international.

US Politics - Politics <-> sports... See any difference?

Paintball - We got Paintball in Sweden, I know there is in the US, and I know that there is in the UK. Voila, international.

Nope. Been drinkin wink_o.gif

lol

not sure if you're being sarcastic... but in case you're not... all australians are POMS... thats how your fair nation was created.... the only true australians are the aboriginals... but thats a whole other ball park of discussion.

i think what placebo meant was that whilst cricket is international, the ashes are only between england and Oz... hence its not an international, all encompassing event - this is merely a england vs oz thread etc.

or at least thats how i see it

mazza, open another ashes thread and you will be at the wrong end of a long ban.

Placebo has already stated in your other locked topic that only truly international competitions are allowed a topic.