Sign in to follow this  
POISON

ARMA DISSAPOINTMENT

there could be a slight chance though

way back at the mapfact workshop i talked to rastavovich about this, as i had the impression that ArmA will develop this way

he said back then that "ArmA is modable to the way ofp was"

no idea if that is really true or how far ArmA can be modded (i have doubts about the controls), but some things are possible to change more ofp like. confused_o.gif

With animation packs such as the ones released by Sanctuary, the whole feel of the game can be changed.....

I guess it will just take some time to get used to the controls in case they can´t be altered. I don´t like the double-tap controls aswell. They may work great with gamepads but while playing with keyboard+mouse it´s sometimes hard to get it right in a fast way.

What hinders aswell is the "laggy" mouse input.

I don't think we should rule out CTF/DM players, ofp is a brand open to all players, and i can guarantee we have all tried the once CTF/DM in our time.

The controls are a lot "slower" in terms of moment i think, but this might be a good thing for co opers. But i think BIS should take into account other game types, as if ofp supported them, its only right that Arm A should as well, and considering how we all love the engine for map editing, the same can be applied for the no coopers who also wish to ulitize the engine.

Lets hope BIS or a community animator make some sort of "faster paced" movement system as well to support the "as large" CTF people.

(im not a ctf person btw, but im all for equal views :P)

Nick

First i saw Disappointment topic and i was like crazy_o.gif then i read that POISON is complaining that ArmA is "very slow paced game" and suddenly i was like tounge2.gif .

Slow paced isnt controls, you know

and if you mean the controls are making the game slow paced, then click on options>controls whistle.gif

I continue to play Operation FLashpoint thanks to regular people who created mods and addons for this game and not BIs.

Maybe there is a limit to BIs and maybe we ask for more then they can give us.

I would pay more money for mods and addon creators then to the game itself.

Armed assault seems to be unfinished and BIs can only hope that again fans will put some life into the game.

So their game can sell for the near future to come.

Ofp 1.0 was buggy too, and look at v1.96, its almost perfect, so you just have to wait for the patches to fix the bugs.

Unfortunatley yes alot of games are buggy at release but this does not mean they are "unfinished"

Thank you BIS for slowing the controls down, i always hated those people who decided to run&gun biggrin_o.gif

I watched a MP Arma video by STG77 and Arma's pace and gameplay didnt look much diferent to me, if they are he adjusted pretty well! Do the same and learn to play, the pace seems to be the same, you can run, sprint and you can shoot but not at the same time.. to post a thread with ARMA DISAPOINTMENT in capitals because of that is a sad thing to do, learn how to play the game... smile_o.gif .

Capture the Fag!  biggrin_o.gif  Well I guess it's hard to please everyone! Personally I am looking forwards to more realism and more imersiveness into battle situations be it sp, coop or adversary, so if the controls have moved along those lines then I'm happy!

I've never been a CTF player as the few I've tried have been too arcade for my style of play and I like to play real war games where a real issue is at stake not a f**king flag!  tounge2.gif

But for all you avid CFT players I would say "don't despair" as I'm confident that this 'run and gun' issue will be addressed in a mod sooner or later!   biggrin_o.gif

Poison is not complaining about bugs or game play style like many people. His problem is with a control system. That is an issue that is harder to fix.

But take heart Poison, this game has only just been released. Bis will make patches as time goes on and the CTI crowd is large with many very smart people.

I say believe the problem will be corrected and be surprised if it is not.

Not to mention once the german release happends an expecially the 505 games release. With the English version you'll probably see a huge influx of players then.

Ive only just got around to reading this thread but i'm with Poison all the way....i'm an avid CTF player and i will be soooo dissapointed (and so will many others) if the player controls slow down the game play.

Someone posted earlier that there are plenty of other games out there where we could play a CTF confused_o.gif no other game compares with OFP CTF, ive been playin ofp ctf for nearly 4 years, its fast paced at times (depending on the map) and so much fun. Ive even ordered my copy from Germany and i know of others from US, and accross Europe who have ordered from Czech to get their copy asap.

I dont play co-op's or cti's, does this not make me an OFP fan?

Long live ctf in ofp and i will find out soon for myself how much the game play has changed.

Ive really got to say this game is aimed souly at coop players / clans. And for the  ctf clans / players there is going to be a BIG!!! dissapointment the way they have set the controls in arma makes for a very slow paced game and less control over the way you move and shoot. its alot lot different from the ofp moves / controls we all know and love that gives us the ability to play a fast paced ctf match and this is the truth!!! they should have left the origional controls and movements alone many many people said this during its production!! but on a good note the graphics are absolutly mind blowing top marks for that! but the future of ctf clans looks very shaky indeed!! unless they are willing for one big change in the way they are used to fighting and me myself as a ctf clan leader am not going to support this game for me its been a 2 year dissapointment. sad_o.gif and ive heard a few other guys say the exact same all ctf players sorry guys sad_o.gif

CTF in OFP was overrated.

thats your opinion, if you prefer slow paced co-op then great, good for you, enjoy! CTF players are a different breed. We will agree to disagree me thinks wink_o.gif

thats your opinion, if you prefer slow paced co-op then great, good for you, enjoy! CTF players are a different breed. We will agree to disagree me thinks wink_o.gif

I have watched alot of Arma footage and i dont see where the gameplay is slower now... new controls to get used to maybe but it seems the same to me?

coops in ofp were fun from what i remember yes i ain't played it for a few yrs now(too many moaners&cheaters)so i won't mind the coop side but do hope they sort the problems you guys are reporting. i hope they have anticheat software aswell.... no one who has spoke about it or have not mentioned it which is a little surprising is there anything in there like punk buster or anything?huh.gif... run and gun ain't real life i read plenty in these forums and you all seemed to want a more realistic game which means no run and gun don't it pistols.gif so it's a little slower i don't mind that either makes you think about the game your movements less teamkills hopefully lmao notworthy.gif so i am gonna hold judgement till i can get my hands on a copy but if they sort the bugs which they should do then alls good... xmas_o.gif

as I said above I havnt played ArmA yet, just going by what ive read in other threads.

cant give my personal opinion yet    smile_o.gif

i just hope that ArmA doesn't turn out to be some fit looking bird who's shit in bed    tounge2.gif

but seriously, i hope that if it isn't upto scratch patches will soon follow to correct its downfalls in CTF - if it has any  smile_o.gif

Wow...it is simply unbelievable how many people are complaining about the changed gameplay and controls. After playing the game for quite a bit, I must say that I am pleased.

Let me say that I am against changes in already perfect games (OFP), just give me better graphics and new stuff and let me play the same game. I'm with everyone on that one, but lets face it. EVERY time there is a new game in a series, its going to change no matter what, even if it is the smallest thing. These changes are not HUGE. I am extremely happy with the very small changes in controls and gameplay.

At least we didn't have Rainbow Six changes. If your a fan of that series (moi) then you would see just how extreme changes can get. Lockdown ruined the whole entire series. Just be happy ARMA didn't change enough to destroy the game. I HATE YOU RS4 LOCKDOWN!!! /cries

I must also admit that the controls in ArmA are better than in OFP.

Yes, it takes practice and used to, but once you get the hang of it, it's good.

The new controls allow for much faster access to your equipment and movement I personally think.

I have to agree. Once you get used to the new control style, its very intuatve.

Also, ArmA now offers 3 walking speeds - slow walk with weapon aimed, fast walk (weapon goes all over the place, but you can still fire) and run/sprint where you can't fire at all. How this is any more restricting than OFP, I do not know.

And if the double tap to run annoys you that much, just re map it...

It shouldn't take "practice" to walk your soldier. Why did they have to make the controls harder when everybody was pleased with the ones in OFP? I heard its really hard to control a chopper also.

What makes ArmA soldier control being that different from OFP soldier controls so it seems the game is totally different for some people ?

In each ArmA movies i saw, i have not noticed something totally different regarding the soldiers, other than using a lot better quality anims ?

I've heard the chopper isn't too bad, it's just completely different. I hope it is difficult, but can be mastered too a high degree. But I agree it is a bit odd that it takes a while to control your soldier, hope it isn't too clunky.