Sign in to follow this  
dave8

CodeBlue (Do not Critisize) Release

Please do not critisize. I will not be continuing this. Also, everyone is free to update these addons however they see fit. If you want screenshots, go to the Codeblue topic in Addons: Discussions.

I'll be getting ready for Armed Assault now, and decided to halt work. This is not even close to being complete, so I'd like to release what I have now to let others play with it. Just give me credit where credit is due, and I'll be completely fine with anyone using my models or textures. The Wound script is by Jimbo, and various sounds are either ripped from various videos I found online, or sounds given to me from past MOD members. All textures currently used by the addons are either found online or created by me. There may be textures from other games, but note that they were there as place-bo textures during early stages. Just know that none are currently being used (except for the island grass textures by Berghoff). I just do not have the energy nor time to get rid of them (or in the case of the grass, make my own).

Please no criticism. This is unfinished and it will remain unfinished (unless if I somehow begin boycotting Armed Assault or if I finish whatever projects I want to finish in Armed Assault and decide to go back to this.) If you do decide to edit these addons, please place screenshots, info of what you edited, and what other information you wish to share, in this topic.

The only Addons of any sort of worth: The Army soldiers (which are incorrectly named as Army desert soldiers in the editor). The Multicam troops (they're in east - nomad soldiers. They are incomplete still as they lack ammo pouches and the such). The Woodland digital camo Marines (NOT THE DESERT ONES AS THEY ARE VERY MUCH INCOMPLETE.) The Sniper models are also some good hard work that is worth mentioning.

I may add other models and textures to help others (as well as for the sake of my dignity). Please ignore the other addons in the pack (Such as the weapons, other East units, and the AAVP). Use at your own risk. You'll need JAM3.

Here are links:

Addons

Incomplete missions you may try out and use (VERY BUGGY AND WILL NOT END but good fun)

I'll be sure to check these out. Thanks for all your efforts. Hopefully see you back for the eventual world-wide release of ArmA.

Dave

Nice job on these units. I love the m249. finally a LMG that fires like it should... Helmets are a little wacked, but the rest looks good. Thanks for the units. Also RPG and GL rounds go skyward but as you said mod isnt complete. Thanks again.

Quote[/b] ]I'll be sure to check these out. Thanks for all your efforts. Hopefully see you back for the eventual world-wide release of ArmA

I will definitely see you there. Currently ArmA is the only game I'm currently looking forward to, and I'm saving my efforts for it.

"(Do not critisize)"

WTF, then why did you post the thread?

Though, we could keep to constructive critisism smile_o.gif

Basically, he doesn't want people saying "This is shit and unfinished" because he knows its not finished, he simply released it because he no-long has time to continue work on it. Can't win in this community. People moan when you rush something to get it out there, and they moan when you take your time to get everything just right.

Who's moaning? It was a question. icon_rolleyes.gif

These units are a good start. Thats about all I can say without getting into it...so I see the point made about starting a thread over it. you cant say much.

The point of the thread is to see people follow through with my release, update them however they see fit, and then post what they have done onto here.

Currently, FFUR is using some of my models and sounds.. I hope that gets people interested in trying these things out and upgrading them and what not.

Quote[/b] ]Though, we could keep to constructive critisism

Doing that would be perfectly fine, as long as they're directed to the attention of the people who wish to update this addon so that they can fix everything.

And yeah, the point of "(do not critisize)" in the title is basically so people don't moan about it being unfinished without reading my post, explaining that it is unfinished. It happened last time and I got tired of it.

Two Questions -

1) Is their anyway possible to make these guys my regular men in campaign like how do i make these guys be in the place called men and i can use them in the campaign?

2) The link for the missions doesnt work and i would really want to try these out so if theirs another link please post it here.

Thank You

These models look great but the download link is bad or is expired, and I was wondering if anyone still has these puppies.  As well I also wanted to use these as part of my upcoming campaign as they have better looking acu then what I am using.

Also any web pages that may have these.(Most be this version with the ACU. OFP.info only has the first release, as well as the opflash.org website.)

Thank you

Well I have the .rar which I

got from the link on the first

post,if that's of any use.

I don't remember what unit types

were available.

But here's a list of the PBO's

contained in the rar.

CB_East.Pbo

CB_Islands.Pbo

CB_Units.Pbo

CB_Weap.Pbo

CB_AAVP.Pbo

Are they the ones you want?

The rar is about 37MB in size.

Here's a link ->

Edited by Macser
Posted link has since expired,new DL location below.

I seem to having problems everywhere these days. biggrin_o.gif

If anyone could post just the weapons pbo of the code blue addons that would be great help.  Rapidshare crashed on me and it and filefront won't let me download through them.  So if you could help me and send them through another free upload site that would be most appreciated! smile_o.gif

Edit:

I have all addons except the weapons pbo because it crashed right in the middle of that pbo.

I'm digging this up to announce news of an updated release. Yesterday while browsing filefront I found recent update files for CB_Units and CB_weapons with a new campgin and missions released. They fixed the funky weapons sounds in past releases, still echo but much better. Here is link to site:

http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/

I'll let you search out the files from there, it inst that hard :D

Here are the files to look for:

cb_addons.rar

cb_weap.zip

codeblue_campaign.zip

codeblue_campaign_patch1.zip

codeblue_campaign_patch2.zip

the_ecp_missions_redux.zip

The same disclaimers of the past apply. As the maker notes the release is unfinished. There are missing model messages so other addons may be needed.

I take no credit for this, I am just the messenger so don't shoot me. It is what it is.....lol.

Edited by Zulu1

attention flashpoint players, im kyle, new spokesman for the code blue team appointed by bowery baker himself. bowery is banned on the forums and needs me to tell you that they need people good in oxygen to fix some of the errors with their addons. his email is chambersburg_00@hotmail.com if interested, thanks.

kyle

okay hi guys im back. its bowery. i been playing ofp since the original demo first came out and im not going to quit. they let me post again so im thankful. anyhow if you have any questions about the code blue addons im sort of a spokesman for the team. im in direct contact with eric tseng, the modeler of the addons who is currently awaiting deployment. btw, that acu was copied directly off of his uniform. anyhow, if you want the latest code blue addons please visit http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com, that is where we are releasing our content. as far as new content goes i am currently looking for a modeler to help squash some bugs such as the weapon shadows and the marines not able to use night vision. if any of you guys would like to help code blue team temporarily or otherwise please contact me via msn messenger at chambersburg_00@hotmail.com, add me. if its just an email you'd like to send please send all messages to my inbox.

we have an update to the campaign coming soon. its more story based and has characters and briefing images from the mission enhancement pack i uploaded to filefronts ofp page. for those of you who don't know, the code blue campaign is the ecp missions redux updated, so long as your running patch two, which is a standalone patch that doesn't require patch one or the original campaign, your good to go. we updated our weapons so that the rpk gunner has an awesome burst mode, all guns reload sounds are shortened so they don't extend past the animation. the code blue addons are almost complete but like i said they still need some work and we'd be glad to have anyone who can.

i personally like the code blue units how they perform in battle, the firefights are long, the machine gunners fire bursts instead of single shots which is more realistic, and you also have the option of backpack and non backpack units. Also the sounds are more entertaining than just about any other addon out there. anyhow....

if you have any code blue requests or would like to help us please use this forum for that. thank you.

bowery,

code blue team

btw: thanks kyle for posting for me when i couldn't , and thanks placebo for letting me back.

Edited by BronzeEagle

okay guys i got some good news and for some, bad news. the good news is im working on the ecp missions/ecp missions redux/codeblue campaign redux which is going to be somewhat similar to the last ones but bugs fixed, some new characters, some new music, some new weapons sounds as well. that will release when im finished, right now im on mission six in the editing phase as of this post. The new weapon sounds are done and at operationflashpoint.filefront.com, but the campaign is still being worked on and upgraded i should say. the bad news i was referring to is, this time its going to have a focus on realism, and once you die in a mission, your going to have to start the entire campaign over from the start. I want something thats going to make players think harder, play harder, and respect the game and respect warfare. making campaigns where you die and restart the same mission is not realistic. just my two cents. If you want to have anything to do with the development of this campaign, chime in here on the forums or contact me on msn messenger. payce!!

@Bowery

I've been following your addon/mod pack pretty much from the begining. I aways was a hold out that you /code blue team could could get things fixed. As some mod makers (LSR, RHS, HYK...etc) far supassed others such as CB, I lost interest as I am sure others did. I don't want to see OFP wither and die so I hope you can put out something with that WOW factor which we haven't seen in a while (except noting GRAA & WW4 mod pack from Sancturary).

I'm glad you posted. I'm not a modeler. I need one very badly. But I am good in the music department and im a good mission editor. I've been doing some things in regards to getting character involvement in missions and been using some new music to freshen up things. Also in the sounds department i completely redid the sounds to the code blue weapons, which you can download over at operationflashpoint.filefront.com, just look for code blue weapons version 2. the new sounds are kick ass! try those out. As far as the campaign goes, its going to have alot of twists and turns and alot of emotional content, not just a simple simulation of war, but an actual story with characters involved. Do you suggest i release the missions individually or the campaign when its done? I'm only on mission seven for the campaign upgrade but i have formats for all the way up to mission twelve already outlined and near completion so this campaign will have more missions and like i said before if you die you start over. The campaign is going to be really kickass. The music is invigorating and very war like. The sounds are very nice too. I tried to redo as much as i could but those damn models. I can't get those to work. If you guys want me to, ill make a ww4 conversion of the campaign so you can play your ww4 units with it but for now, download the new weapons version two and tell me what you think.

but let me say this:

If any of you guys would like to join the code blue team to help me push this thing along, im by myself, please do holler at me on msn or this forum. i could use your help badly and don't want to see this thing go up in smoke. Beta test. Addon upgrades. Whatever you can do ill take ya. Thanks!

P.S.

i want the new campaign to have a different name, but only the beta testers can name it since they'll have a feel for it. so join the team.

Edited by BronzeEagle

okay heres whats going on as of late. i got three alternate sound packs for the code blue weapons file, just like jam 3 had alternate sound packs. the sound packs are original, cinematic, and realistic, which contains actual sounds gathered off youtube of iraq and afghanistan war footage. something im sure you'll enjoy. im not going to release this content until the campaign is finished though unless your a beta tester. stay tuned.

Stick with it.I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong,but I

don't think there's too many full campaigns floating

around,at least of late.Mission/Campaign building seems to be a

much neglected area,in comparison to something like addons.

The units aren't all that bad,apart from needing a re-map.

One other plus point,is that they don't seem to be too excessive

in terms of polycount.Good for large scale battles.

And of course sound is,as far as I'm concerned,a very

important element in any project.Nice to see you taking

some time with it.

:)

Edited by Macser

Hi I don't know how much work it would be, but I for one would like a campaign where I could save and did not have to restart the hole campaign if I die, I try to play as realistic as I can and for some reason I get imotional when a squad member goes down so I try too keep them alive as well as use them for fighting. But, you can do everything right in war and still get killed, as this is a game after all and I think it should have "realistic" challenges but having the ability to mess up("die") and try over is realy what I like about games, so I hope you you make a version of the campaign for the less hardcore player.

STGN

That's a good point STGN.I didn't process that on the first

pass.

BronzeEagle,going for realism is a great idea,and to be

commended.But OFP is a game as well as a combat sim.

I imagine you'd be fit to throw your PC though the nearest

window,if you bought it on the second last mission,narrowly

escaping defeat the whole way.Assuming we're not misunderstanding

you,the player would have to fight through a number of missions

consecutively,without break to finish the campaign.Even the best players

get killed at some point,or have to go to work/bathroom,or make a cup of tea/coffee.

Maybe even have a smoke.

Might be a bit unfair to deny people the need for a savegame.

Perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad thing over one or two missions.

Is it possible to disable/enable saves on individual missions.

Bringing it back in at key points in the campaign.

:)