Sign in to follow this  
Pupazz

First ARMA impressions

If your going to thank FFUR then you should thank the addon makers whose addons are used in the mod,its not all FFUR yaknow.

If your going to thank FFUR then you should thank the addon makers whose addons are used in the mod,its not all FFUR yaknow.

Oh well, i don't really care anyway, im just making a point.

I remember OFP had so many bugs that you couldn't even count them (well you could but it took long is the point! tounge2.gif ).

I think BIS listened to the people complaining about the GFX too much, focused on making the game look better while ignoring the gameplay/bugs.

And everytime BIS announced that the game is pushed back the forum had a bunch of people saying they won't buy the game after 5 years of waiting... So bis was obviously rushed a bit.

Reading these initial reports my reaction is   sad_o.gif   huh.gif   confused_o.gif

If I were to speculate, it's down to the way the publishing deals dragged out and so BIS tried to add more and more of what the community wanted into the game thus intoducing more bugs.

It may have been wiser to release a more featureless but less rushed product and then somewhere in the future release an expansion (a la Resistance) with the more interesting and advanced features such as the building / bridge destruction and advanced AI routines having gone through the extra Beta testing.

But like i said, that's speculation on my part.

I'll still pick up ArmA during the 505 release because I've been looking forward to it and I haven't bought a game in about a year. Also, I have seen the way BIS supports their product so I know ArmA won't be left hanging.

It's natural to post what's wrong or bugs you've found, but it would be also be nice to hear about what gameplay elements people are enjoying   wink_o.gif

Unfortunately the game is filled with stuff that no-one asked for and ALOT of stuff has been removed. The amount of available helicopters/cars/etc is pathetic.

No way. There are far more than in flashpoint 1.0.

I saw a vehicle list somewhere, and its alot more than flashpoint v1.0, and this will increase with patches and addons smile_o.gif

On page 4 of this very topic Sith posted a vehicle list:

Sith:

OFP 1.0     -  ArmA

Jeep         -  HMMWV

.....          -  HMMWV M2

.....          -  HMMWV Mk19

.....          -  HMMWV TOW

UAZ          -  UAZ

.....          -  UAZ DShK

.....          -  UAZ AGS-30

UAZ Res    -  Landrover

.....          -  Landrover M2

5t Truck    -  5t Truck

5t Truck Open   -  5t Truck Open

.....          -  5t Truck M2

Ural          -  Ural

.....          -  Ural Open

V3S Res    -  5t Truck

.....          -  Stryker ICV M2

.....          -  Stryker ICV Mk19

.....          -  Stryker ATGM TOW

BMP-1       -  BMP-2

.....          -  BRDM-2

.....          -  BRDM-2 ATGM

M113        -  M113

.....          -  M163

ZSU-23     -  ZSU-23

M1A1        -  M1A1

M60A3       -  .....

T80           -  .....

T72           -  T72

UH-60       -  UH-60

.....          -  UH-60 GAU-17

Mi17         -  Mi17

.....          -  MH-6

AH-1F       -  AH-1Z

Mi24         -  Ka50

A10          -  AV-8B

.....          -  AH-6

PBR MkII    -  RHIB

.....          -  CRRC

Boat         -  PBX

M2 Machinegun   -  M2 Machinegun

M2 MachinegunE  -  DShKM

.....          -  M119

.....          -  D30

And that's not even counting civilian vehicles

DodgyGeeza is blasting the game every oportunity he has.We understand,you dont like the game now give it a rest.

Ive recived my copy yesterday and I feel that OF has got a sucessor.Its a bumpy road to say the least ahead,some of the bugs are almost inexcusable,the 70ish procentile reviews its been getting are almost understandable and it IS cpu and gpu intensive to say the least but it can only get better over time.

Undoubtedly, the game is great. The only thing to ease your complaints and get a better game experience is to change your computer config.  I think it's worthy. Personally, I prefer to change my computer and dont wanna let the game developers to degrade the graphic effects of the game! I think the eye candy of Arma is really terrific and impressive and that's just i have been dreaming for!

P.S. If any guy is tired of the game and dont want to play anymore for complaints, would you please resell the disc to me?

dont know why everyones fussing about the amount of vehicles,after a few months of ofp's release they added the chinook,hmvee,ka-50,motorbike,new weapons,vulcan,that's just some i can remember..they'll add more in patches.hopefully the a-10 thunderbolt.

dont know about anyone else but i'm LOVING the game.

Oh well, i don't really care anyway, im just making a point.

What a way to make it dryzr5.gif

There are eight helicopters,more than what OFP had. The rush is due to BIS probably wanting to get it out,who is to blame for the rush? Well in honesty I believe the people are,we could always say "no its their fault its rushed!" But god forbid anyone take responsibility for never silencing their tounge of their gripes.

People will say FFUR is better than AA because A. They have not experienced Armed Assault, B. Because it is a community project that has taken a good while and for most vehicles and infantry,already had community addons to use. C. Radio effects and whatnot such as ECP and so on.

Armed Assault is one thing entirerly made by the company,FFUR is a compilation of things made by the entire community,and there is more community than BIS so of course we'll have more.

The games not been out long,its almost as if several people went LOOKING for bugs.

Quote[/b] ]dont know about anyone else but i'm LOVING the game.
Quote[/b] ]Undoubtedly, the game is great.

Ah, finally some more positive comments. smile_o.gif

Let's hope the major issues are resolved in time for the 505 release. Until that's confirmed I'm still a bit depressed about ArmA's state.

Bout time somebody said somethin moreso positive,was going to have to start getting pacifiers.

Ok, i'm being overly negative because i'm EXTREMELY dissapointed. I never said the game is utterly hopeless because its not. Also stating the positive doesn't solve any of the problems with the game e.g. a patch

The graphics are great

Character models are great

Explosions are good

The new "Gear" mode is a great idea

In my opinion the new radio sounds are much better and easier to order troops

Swimming is good (if a little slow)

There is abrely any slowdown when large numbers of troops are on the screen.

Well you understood my point smile_o.gif

Basicly lately it seems most of the people that have it are always posting about the negative,yes never complaining doesn't solve anything but the complaining has gotten out of hand,not to mention deconstructive words will eventually get you and make you become demotivated to work.

Of course, after many years experiences with lots of patches and Mods added from official and unofficial sources, OFP has been a nice dream for the players, including me.

But I think OFP and ArmA now is quite different, especially from the visiual and many other playable aspects. Playing OFP is just like a real game and playing ArmA will be a real movie, a terrific war simulation in high realistic. Just look those vehicles, soliders, buildings, mountains, grass, etc... When you're looking a T-72 screenshoot, dont you feel just a picture from real one?

Dont care much about some bugs and complain they released the game too early without perfect in mature. If the release didn't come out, some bugs may not be found so early. Nothing in the world would be perfect without any flaws. They could be imporved in patches and many Mod fans could also make more awesome things than they did for OFP. So I wouldnt wait any longer for 505 releases and just ordered on line without any hesitation.

Guess we got it right when we said the Czechs were guinea pigs. biggrin_o.gif

I still can't wait for this game, just the shear scale of it amazes me. Guess we've got to make the most of what's available, and hopefully that'll be a lot more by the time i get my hands on it.

Exactly! When I look at the water in Armed Assault I see more than a flat plane model piece with a texture and shader on it,I see a vast model piece which is not flat,has waves,waves that vary with weather. Also are different color the farther you get from the mainland,if there is land in random parts of the water,not to mention its ability to reflect and so on. It makes me quite eager to see naval units in Armed Assault.

When I look at animations I see the most realistic I'v seen in any game,I'm ecstatic that they kept the "gun on back" animation rather than having your weapon out all the time. Not to mention the "no jumping" option remains as well as the "insta-prone". Helicopter phsyics look great if you ask me,they bank more to turn,the farther you bank you begin to loose altitiude due to the direction your rotor or rotors are pointing as in reality. Tail rotor failures that cause the helicpoter to not only go static and turn but to go haywire entirerly,looks impossible to control.

A Gorgeus island,when I think of mods and I look at parts of that island,Jurassic Park is just screamed into my ears.

When I see finger trigger animation I think of how relentless and (rather useless feature) foolish the community was,yet the game designers listened and implimented this feature.

When I hear the variables of sounds such as soldiers walking,crawling on that same surface and going from prone to standing,causing their boot to scrape against the surface,I am suprised. When I hear a sound behind an object become "dim",it makes me feel even moreso there.

When I hear the radio I think that it sounds much clearer and voices have more feeling to them,so some parts don't quite go together,woopdy doo.

When I look at the wound textures I wonder if they actually took somebody out and shot them (not litterally of course).

When I look at the camera I am so glad that they kept it the way it was and even made it better,instead of always having your view focussed infront and your gun always pointed in that direction.

When I saw a video of the Stryker having interior for the driver AND gunner I was even more happy.

When I was community videos I wonder why do they keep teamkilling,and then I smile when an AI team mate gives them what they deserve.

The list goes on,but then again,I am one of the appreciative people,I would thank the developers for the game for their effort and work,not to mention ears to the community,rather than 24/7 point out bugs and insult them.

So even though I do not currently possess the game,thank you BIS for all the work you have done thus far.

On page 4 of this very topic Sith posted a vehicle list:

Sith:

OFP 1.0 - ArmA

Jeep - HMMWV

jeepMG - HMMWV M2

..... - HMMWV Mk19

..... - HMMWV TOW

UAZ - UAZ

..... - UAZ DShK

..... - UAZ AGS-30

UAZ Res - Landrover

..... - Landrover M2

5t Truck - 5t Truck

5t Truck Open - 5t Truck Open

..... - 5t Truck M2

Ural - Ural

..... - Ural Open

V3S Res - 5t Truck

..... - Stryker ICV M2

..... - Stryker ICV Mk19

..... - Stryker ATGM TOW

BMP-1 - BMP-2

..... - BRDM-2

..... - BRDM-2 ATGM

M113 - M113

..... - M163

ZSU-23 - ZSU-23

M1A1 - M1A1

M60A3 - .....

T80 - .....

T72 - T72

T55 - .....

UH-60 - UH-60

UH-60MG - UH-60 GAU-17

Mi17 - Mi17

..... - MH-6

AH-1F - AH-1Z

Mi24 - Ka50

A10 - AV-8B

..... - AH-6

PBR MkII - RHIB

..... - CRRC

Boat - PBX

M2 Machinegun - M2 Machinegun

M2 MachinegunE - DShKM

..... - M119

..... - D30

And that's not even counting civilian vehicles

I have corrected the list with the missing jeepMG, UH-60MG and T55 in OPF wink_o.gif .

Many of the new vehicles use the same model.

HMMWV, HMMWV M2, HMMWV Mk19, HMMWV TOW.

Stryker ICV M2, Stryker ICV Mk19, Stryker ATGM TOW.

It makes the list look bigger. The missing MBT's and hind in Arma are badly needed, the resistance could have M60's or T55's, the east should have the T80 and they knew everyone loved the hind alot more than the KA-50. The east should also have their own boat... i think Arma could use some more vehicles and rifles, it doesnt feel complete yet wink_o.gif .

strange decisions by BIS.

Doesn't really matter. BIS IMO should have put the hind in but havn't, and it's a valid point. Placebo has said a patch will be out with the demo, so we should point these things out. smile_o.gif

The missing Hind was mentioned so often now - I bet it will be in one of the next patches wink_o.gif

addons

That too,were gonna need an apache but I'm moreso opting for another franze type apache.

The missing Hind was mentioned so often now - I bet it will be in one of the next patches wink_o.gif

Well, im not counting on it, its not easy to model, texture, config it so fast but maybe in the future wink_o.gif . If we think it over a mi-28 havok would be a better oponent to the AH-1Z but the hind is the OPF classic inlove.gif .