Sign in to follow this  
Kev

ArmA testing...

Ok, then it's indeed a problem of language smile_o.gif But if I understand it wrong, then possibly others might do aswell, so using the right terminology where appropriete is maybe a good step forward?

Anyway, I'm not here to criticize other people, especially not when they put so much effort, work, time, maybe tears, etc. in smile_o.gif

Ur doing a great job and If it means anything hearing this from me, just another guy/fan like you smile_o.gif, keep it up!

So from this thread I can expect that my;

Athlon 64 3500+

1GB DDR400

6800GT 256MB

Should run the game fine on normal settings? If so I'll be a happy camper.

Note my machine is running as best as it can, most latest stable drivers, no spyware, all organised and looked after.

yes u can play at low and normal settings. maybe high too but u need to setup ur graphics for best fps.

My System Specs

* DualCore Intel Pentium D 820, 2800 MHz (14 x 200)

* 1024 MB (DDR2-533 DDR2 SDRAM)

* NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS (512 MB)

* Direct X 9.0c

* Windows XP (Service Pack 2)

All Copied From Everest Home Edition

I dont really care about the detail, like i dont care if i dont spot a enemy at 2000 metres just wanna ensure good fps, and just the basics.

Can Anyone tell me what to expect? smile_o.gif

still waiting a reply smile_o.gif

Go get 3dmark06, scores over 3000 usually can run it 1024x768 medium it seems.

crazy_o.gif I got 1450! I'm screwed.. well then I have to buy a whole new system I guess and live on noodles and water the next year. But it'll be worth it! I'm gonna buy a PC so bad it will laugh when I install ArmA on it biggrin_o.gif

Go get 3dmark06, scores over 3000 usually can run it 1024x768 medium it seems.

crazy_o.gif I got 1450! I'm screwed.. well then I have to buy a whole new system I guess and live on noodles and water the next year. But it'll be worth it! I'm gonna buy a PC so bad it will laugh when I install ArmA on it biggrin_o.gif

Read the threads and the critics of game before your start your Robinson survivor era.

All i can say is that the game works fine on 1024×768 on medium details on a:

Amd X2 4200+

1,5GB ram (speed is currently @ 400mhz IIRC, i salvaged it from an older PC so it isnt that fast tounge2.gif )

x1600XT @ 634/752

Which is barely a med-end system these days, and this PC is quite optimised, no weird programs running in the background, defragmentated etc tounge2.gif

EDIT: 3dmark06 score was something like 2500 IIRC

All i can say is that the game works fine on 1024×768 on medium details on a:

Amd X2 4200+

1,5GB ram (speed is currently @ 400mhz IIRC, i salvaged it from an older PC so it isnt that fast tounge2.gif )

x1600XT @ 634/752

Which is barely a med-end system these days, and this PC is quite optimised, no weird programs running in the background, defragmentated etc tounge2.gif

EDIT: 3dmark06 score was something like 2500 IIRC

icon_rolleyes.gif

Nice real nice banghead.gif .

System:

CPU: Pentium® 4 CPU 3.20GHz ~HT

MEM: 1GB DDR2

VID: Nvidia 7800GT 512mb PCI-E

Settings:

Quality Preference: Very High

Visibility: 1200

Resolution: 1024x768x32

Advanced Settings:

Terrain Detail: Very High

Object Detail: Very High

Texture Detail: Very High

Shading Detail: Very High

Post Process effects: High

Anisotropic Filtering: Very High

Shadow detail: Very High

Antialiasing: Very High

Blood: High

Runs perfectly, up to 5000 VD too, after that fps drops to 25 and is not worth playing on, runs on 10k VD at about 15 - below.

Your system is very similar to mine, except the videocard. I own a GeForce 6600 and I'am getting really terrible FPS in ArmA. As the memory and CPU are nearly the same (I have P4 3.0GHz with HT and a 1GB DDR2 RAM), I think that getting a better videocard (for example, a GeForce 7800GT, 7900GS or a Radeon X1650Pro) will help me with the framerates. How do you think?

P.S. My system has a clean WinXP installation, only all newest drivers, directX9.0c and ArmA installed, but on all very low settings and resolution 800x600 I get only about 18-30 fps (sometimes, when in a forest, fps drops even under 10). Through experience, I can say that you need at least 40-50 frames per second if you want to achieve the best results in such a military simulator as ArmA.