Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

'Island Wide Conflict' A Persistent CTI War

You better have a well ventillated server. Lol...

If/when I get ArmA and a PC that will play it smooth I'll definatly be interested in this...

How are you going to control the 'chain of command' (No not the artillery guys, I mean who leads who and who just follows orders) I'll be the one attempting to fly a combat chopper. But then crashing, giving up, and making everyone follow my orders in infantry combat. biggrin_o.gif hehehe.

You better have a well ventillated server. Lol...

If/when I get ArmA and a PC that will play it smooth I'll definatly be interested in this...

How are you going to control the 'chain of command' (No not the artillery guys, I mean who leads who and who just follows orders) I'll be the one attempting to fly a combat chopper. But then crashing, giving up, and making everyone follow my orders in infantry combat. biggrin_o.gif hehehe.

Some ideas are being thrown around, we have not fully decided on one. One thing is that we will not have a system that is as much as a debacle as the HC system in WWIIOL.

Some ideas are being thrown around, we have not fully decided on one. One thing is that we will not have a system that is as much as a debacle as the HC system in WWIIOL.

Never played WWIIOL.

Could someone explain it a lil more?

Never played WWIIOL.

Sure.

World War 2 Online was the first MMOFPS, set during the Battle of France (1940-1942). It was released in June 2001 to much critical aclaim, but has since fallen on harder times. Cornered Rat Software (the guys who make it) had to make loads of their team redundant due to financial problems, so now they only have a very small team.

The game itself is played on a half-scale map of Europe, with new towns being added in each patch that is released. This used to happen about once a month, but since the CRS team got smaller, it is now much less frequent. You can choose to fight as infantry, fly planes, drive tanks or boats. There are currently three countries, France, Britain and Germany.

Once ArmA is out, I will be playing that, WW2OL and Hidden & Dangerous 2, and those games will keep me going for several years, I hope... wink_o.gif

Never played WWIIOL.

The High Command were regular players that were given special rights by the developers to 'lead' players and 'lead' their side. The ammount of 'leading' can be debated on either side, I was in the high command for a while, but in all honesty, it was a horribly inefficient system.

Please may i suggest a few things.

Firstly what worries me is that action will become too condensed eg, as soon as people start poeple Fan out and do not work as a team, and it gets well a bit boring

Secondly, the actions of the less diciplined players again not working as a team and help make the experience realistic.

heres an idea. OK so destroying the oposing team is alll well and good, but why not the ability to disrupt or even cut a teams supply lines, eg ammo, vehicles, and men.

like say AI units drive Ammo trucks to Ammo dumps, these can be either captured or destroyed by the other team. And likewise the oposing team can also Completely cut off supply lines

eg. By destroying a convoy en-route to the ammo dump.

This sounds amazing.  When the game hits shelves in America I'll gladly help.

Do you have only 1 virtual life in a (long running) IWC session?

No, respawn will be something that is possible, but the gameplay of IWC will make dieing something that is really not wanted on a personal and on a strategic level. It will take time to get back into combat and you will also lose supply when you die.

this sounds very interesting cant wait to see this biggrin_o.gif

I like Shwing's idea with the AI-controller supply line stuff.

I'm really curious as to how the respawning is going to work, or how much AI soldiers are going to factor into the plan.

It appears to me that the options for respawning are just as limited as they were in OFP, and apparently you still can't combine 2 of the options, ie, you start with respawning as one of your AI squad members, but when you run out of squad members, your entire squad spawns back at the base after a certain amount of time. Seems to me that would be the ideal system, if it was possible.

I'd also like the ability to replenish your supply of AI squad members on the fly via AI-controlled choppers dropping fresh soldiers at your position to join your squad.

I like Shwing's idea with the AI-controller supply line stuff.

I'm really curious as to how the respawning is going to work, or how much AI soldiers are going to factor into the plan.

It appears to me that the options for respawning are just as limited as they were in OFP, and apparently you still can't combine 2 of the options, ie, you start with respawning as one of your AI squad members, but when you run out of squad members, your entire squad spawns back at the base after a certain amount of time. Seems to me that would be the ideal system, if it was possible.

I'd also like the ability to replenish your supply of AI squad members on the fly via AI-controlled choppers dropping fresh soldiers at your position to join your squad.

That should be possible with some clever scripting.

Simply spawn next to you next guy in the command, transfer his equitment to you and use the 'kill' command on him.

When squad is all gone, respawn in nearest base.

So basically this is like 21st Century Warfare for BF2 or that War one for BF1942?

No... Read the intro again.

So basically this is like 21st Century Warfare for BF2 or that War one for BF1942?

No... Read the intro again.

What's the current roster and duties? What do you do in this mod?

Will buildings spawn?

Its cool if not, but its sad there is no ruins to take cover from.. icon_rolleyes.gif

-------------------

Big ups to the whole idea

Will buildings spawn?

Its cool if not, but its sad there is no ruins to take cover from.. icon_rolleyes.gif

-------------------

Big ups to the whole idea

Priority right now is to create more capture points on the map, but we will look into it.

Think if this as a metagame.