Sign in to follow this  
MehMan

KC-10A Extender

Well a while ago Mr. Ree started work on the KC-10 extender but it almost slowly went to a stall(I presume, Mr. Ree will have to confirm that) and I saw this addon and well I need a KC-10 and I'd love to see one ingame, decided to help. Here's the progress so far, most of the work is Mr. Ree's:

Model and old textures:

fuel5.jpg

light.jpg

light2.jpg

WIP new textures and finished cockpit(also WIP):

Cockpit link

my.php?image=cockpit2qy0.jpg

Newest renders:

rawr2gt5.jpg

rawrpu7.jpg

Mr. Ree has now concentrated on scripting work while I'm doing what's left of the artwork. The plane will most likely be in two texture schemes, this one(schamu) and a monocromatic one.

yeah i suppose it did kind of come to a stall

bloody work  mad_o.gif

but the kind MehMan has changed that for me  notworthy.gif

Excellent! I love the KC-10. I remember posting in the OFP.info forum thread about this, that was months ago, same pictures even lol, the new render pictures are just red xs for me

Poor OFP, stop treating her like she's dead sad_o.gif

inlove.gif

You can see in those screens that it's somewhat functional,so let's hope it gets released before ArmA wink_o.gif

There, fixed the images, they should work now.

i have now created a single player refueling script which seems to work well most of the planes now line up to the refuel probe without any major gaps, some still do though so until i can think of a better way of doing it this is what i am going to run with.  

im going to make some changes like if the KC10A is present on the map and flying then the player will automatically get the option to refuel as long as you are in a plane so you dont have to do anything in the mission editor except put it in and have it fly in circles unless you mission editors would prefer that control in which case ill leave it out.  

i also created a MP refueling script to see if it works ok in MP and it worked surprisingly well  my MP scripting is fairly limited so it may not be the best MP script but it ran with no lag probably because there was only two of us playing it at the time  

now for some bad news it seems that MehMan has been taken over by the gloriousness that is ArmA so model production has pretty much stopped

Sounds great so far! Looks like it's going to be a very great addon!

What work of MehMan is missing on this baby? Maybe someone other can help or you release it as far as it is?

not sure, he was tweaking my original model and then making new textures

ive asked him what is left to be done on it

Some Bad News

Unfortunatly MehMan can no longer continue the reskin of the KC-10A due to RL stuff

so model production has been delayed

but lots of thanks to MehMan for the work he has done so far notworthy.gif  sad_o.gif

fuel5.jpg

Can you find what's wrong in this picture?

<span style='color:lightgrey'>On the A-10 the refueling port is on the nose of the aircraft, not on the back!</span>

184th%20tanker.jpg

what, besides the scale?

um.. i think the boom isnt extended.

but yea, the scale is off, that KC-10 is not that huge

That's because in the real picture that's not a KC-10 but a KC-135... but ignoring that and comparing the game pic with the real pic, I think it's the fact that the real boom stick has a V-type appendage, whilst in the game the boom stick seems to have an H-type appendage that looks like the A-10's tail ending...

Guest RKSL-Rock
what, besides the scale?

um.. i think the boom isnt extended.

but yea, the scale is off, that KC-10 is not that huge

he's referring to the location the fuelling boom contacts the A-10.

On most US aircraft the refuelling the receptacle is on the spine of the aircraft. But the A-10's is in the nose like the pic with the KC-135

@Dynamax

the boom is extended its just the angle the image was taken at

@Wonder

Yes and the refueling location is in the center of the aircraft instead of the nose because im not going to program each individual refuling location for every single aircraft addon out there

Refueling port positions:

Behind the canopy: F-16, F-4E/G, B-2, F-22, F-35, A-7D, C-130, C-17, SR-71

In front of the canopy: A-10, B-1, F117, F-105

Offset: F-15, F111

yes im not talking about the positions of the actual planes them selves i mean community addons because they will all have different names and that is not what im going to code in

i have created a video showing my KC-10A in action

this video shows that my script works with the AI and players a like both use the same script.

and most important that my script actually works

still some lighting issues with the model but now at least there is light at the end of this really long tunnel

unforunatly my server aint working but the video can be downloaded from ofp.info

just build it, it should work

if you want me to test it with it i can

i have created a video showing my KC-10A in action

this video shows that my script works with the AI and players a like both use the same script.

and most important that my script actually works

still some lighting issues with the model but now at least there is light at the end of this really long tunnel

unforunatly my server aint working but the video can be downloaded from ofp.info

Amazing work! I am really looking forward to this!