Sign in to follow this  
Czacha

Sahrani map!8

Guest RKSL-Rock
Tonal is indeed ~600km^2 (25.2Km x 25.2Km)

BUT Sahrani has 6 times the object count (at nearly 1 million objects), so Sahrani's object density is way higer than Tonal's (at just under 150,000).

The entire map maybe but the useable land mass is only 161.515 sq km according to Team Yankee's WRP analyser.

If the pic above is correct then Sahrani is alot bigger in comparison.

One map raster unit seems to be 125x125 meters so I enlarged Nogova a bit.

The raster units are the same size in every map, aren't they?

Out of all the places they could have put the airfield, it was next to PITA(Pain In The Ass) rofl.gif

First thing I was thinking of was this:

pain20pitamw1.jpg

Tonal is indeed ~600km^2 (25.2Km x 25.2Km)

BUT Sahrani has 6 times the object count (at nearly 1 million objects), so Sahrani's object density is way higer than Tonal's (at just under 150,000).

The entire map maybe but the useable land mass is only 161.515 sq km according to Team Yankee's WRP analyser.

If the pic above is correct then Sahrani is alot bigger in comparison.

Yeah, the land its self is a lot smaller, interesting that the "average" object density is about 1 object per square meter for Tonal, for sahrani (if the actual land is 400 sq km) its just about 2.5

Saved! Thanks.

Edit01: Its got a fairly big desert area, thank goodness.

there are other factors of course

tonal sahrani ?

1048576 Cell Flags read.

262144 Sounds read.

2616 Peak's read.

262144 Texture Indexes read.

262144 Flags read.

262144 Elevation Values read.

Read 337 Texture names...

337 Texture names read.

462 Object Types read.

reading 147501 Objects...

finished.

For some strange reason I'm finding my self comparing ArmA: Sahrani and the story line to the Falklands Conflict.

There are tiny similarities, but the bit of land connecting North and South, Corazol, just remind me of Darwin on East Falkland or Pebble Island!!!! crazy_o.gif

Maybe I need some sleep... goodnight.gif

Sorry to go off topic, but there is something linking the two conflicts and the shape of Sahrani is a for some reason making me think of the Falk lands!!!!!!

FYI: It is the 25th Anniverary of that conflict in June 2007...

edit: Maybe it;s too early for them to tell us, but could BIS...er...Placebo give us a clue as to whether this based on a real island or a fictional one, and if based on a real island, where we would be able to see it for real on Google Earth?

Sahrani is a fictional island, so it's not based on a real life one.

If you look hard enough, there is unique underwater topography in there. I wonder if there are any really shallow sandbars well off the coast that allow you to stand without swimming?

Wheres north Sahrani's airport? If their at war they aint goin to be sharing the little one at the south of the island. And if its half as big as its supposed to be, then you'll need airports.

THey'd at least have a small airbase confused_o.gif

(if the actual land is 400 sq km)

I did a fast measurement and it looks like Sahrani is abt 306,12 km2 icon_rolleyes.gif

Wheres north Sahrani's airport? If their at war they aint goin to be sharing the little one at the south of the island. And if its half as big as its supposed to be, then you'll need airports.

THey'd at least have a small airbase  confused_o.gif

As people have said, there is an airstrip near PITA - but it's basically a grass runway - probably where the DRS launches its mighty airforce of WWI Biplanes from... icon_rolleyes.gif

Yeah, I'm a tad bit disappointed that the North doesn't have its own proper airfield. What I'm really interested in though is whether BIS have written into the code that AI planes can land at more than one runway or not. smile_o.gif

im already looking for places to land, to do covert missions, to call in airstrikes, run insurgent bases from, mmmmmm good days good days

edit: any chance of whats a military base, town, or natural feature

im lready looking for places to land, to do covert missions, to call in airstrikes, run insurgent bases from, mmmmmm good days good days

you dont need to land, if your from the south your no more than 12km from a base smile_o.gif so if you glide home your good, and if your shot down its not more than 8 hrs in a fast move and if you got SAR less whistle.gif

the names are supposed to be in spanish?huh.gif

If the answer is yes, there are some problems, some names in more that 2 words doesn't match examples:

-Puntas occidental- the right will be- puntas occidentales

-valle de carmen-is right but will be way better--valle del carmen

-mataredo-wuhooooooooo, if this is spanish is a big mistake- matadero

-sierra de revolucion-seems better like this-sierra revolucion

Other names seems to be in portuguesse (but i don't know)...

and those???

Ancor??? porto???

It's not bad at all but for me was weird...(for a spanish guy)

some are..

edit: been looking with more carfull and i could see at least 15 names that could be used in Portuguese. (without errors)