Solus

SLX Replacement Pack, Mod, and Addons

I have one, but w/ the updates it may not work right. Well, the updates and the fact that I'm a perpetual meddler biggrin_o.gif

Here's a link: http://rapidshare.com/files/17417787/_SLX_I44.rar.html

If you have any issues, just PM me, e-mail me, or get me on the I44 forums.

smile_o.gif

BTW, Solus: I think I know why one of my errors happens, or rather, what triggers it. It seems to happen when a unit drops his gun when hit... it looks like the script may check the units weapon mode or something like that, and tries to use that classname instead of the actual weapon name. Not 100% sure, but that seems to be the area its related to.

Edit again: Solus, I've found the line that generates the error, and one other possible error. PM me when you get a chance.

Solus,

Time is of the essence here, so I have to keep this short.

It's been a while since I've posted here due to my graphics card dying on me, but that said... Just as before, I love what you've done with every release.

---------------------

I have some observations and concerns, and here they are:

Missing Beretta bug (open image to see my notes regarding it)

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9181/missingberetta92fasapacuu6.jpg

Can Fire M249 from Slung Position When "Arrested" (open image to see my notes regarding it)

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/51/99933887su9.jpg

Again, I don't know if these bugs are related to SLX, GRAA, both, or some other mod, but any feedback would be appreciated on these matters.

-------------------------------

QUESTIONS:

(1) Are the grenades supposed to explode on impact? It's much more immersive if they had a timed fuse.

(2) Is it still not possible to incorporate "gear movement sounds when bodies are moving" sound effects into SLX? Again, that would really deepen the experience.

-------------------------------

I'm floored at just how tough the AI is now. I don't know how much more you adjusted their settings from the last build, and maybe it's due to my new graphics card, but they're even more cunning than before, and I congratulate you for that.

Again, thanks for all of your hard work and devotion on our behalf.

Yours,

Kyle

Feb. 20, 2007

Hello, another questions !

Has somebody made an SLX config for the DMA Toyotawars Addons ? Is it Planned ?

More generally, if I'm coding, how can I make my addon completely GL3/SLX compatible ?

Thanks for answers notworthy.gif

Well, they are not that tough after all, not tough enough for me but it’s good for the gameplay reasons – it simply has to be realistic, but remain a pastime still. I find it well-balanced, but if I play as a special operative, get a SpetsNaz counterpart on guard from behind and beat him to death in no time then it’s not that tough AI.

Anyway, the mod is great. It still needs polishing, but it does the job. I would incorporate OFPEC blood into it, if possible as the visual effect is very spectacular and

enhances the realism factor which I prefer.

I do entirely agree with the time fused grenades argument that has been put forward before.

It’s good that at least we are enabled to use knives and the stuff or perform hand – to – hand combat. I think these were the very last things that OFP was lacking and I couldn’t have found it in any other mod. The same can be said of the bayonets case. Personally I loved the presence of the shovel; my SpetsNaz assignments and raids may become real hairy thus … I just need’em to have them in range of my killing zone …

I encountered the same problem with picking up the weapon after it had been dropped and I surrendered. Moreover, when I start the mod exclusively or with any other enhancements I receive the error message from the GUI saying that there is a problem with XMS single shot ammo configs or something. Real weird … That’s all for now, friends. Keep the good job up. Cheers.

pistols.gifpistols.gifpistols.gifpistols.gifpistols.gifpistols.gifnener.gifpistols.gifpistols.gifpistols.gif

Oh, BTW - here's one more bizarre issue; no matter how hard I try I cannot make the lean or roll animations work for me. I've already tried out a few packs- I believe each existing that has ones - but purely in vain. The mod is not an exception unfortunatelly. What the heck? ...

Solus,

Once again, after playing several hours’ worth of SLX-improved OFP, I need to comment at how terrific your mod is. “Clean Sweep†hardly ever leaves my screen, because the onscreen happenings are so unpredictable and challenging. Below I have a number of questions, concerns and bug reports. Here they are…

Is it possible to include configurable 3 second fuses to grenades so that those of us who’d like to use them can do so? I’m thinking about an adjustable config file in the style of Sanctuary’s terrific GRAA 2.0 mod. If such a feat is possible, maybe you could also enable it so that we can choose to use Hyk’s/Sanctuary’s infantry units and/or the infantry units featured in the recently released FFSX 2007 mod. To cut down on file size, the player would have to have the proper models installed in order for this config option to work.

Is there any way to get the AI to lean around structures so that they have more concealment and cover?

Do the smoke/dust clouds generated by round hits/explosions “blind†the AI and/or make it more difficult for them to aim at their smoke/dust-covered targets?

Is it possible to make the AI better scan the interiors of buildings that they enter? This is particularly important when there are stairwells… It’s fairly easy to set a trap for the AI, just drag an enemy’s wounded comrade into a building, sit at the top of the stairwell, and then shoot down at any potential rescuers as they enter the structure.

Has any progress been made on integrating bullet penetration ballistics into the mod?

Also, has progress been made in regards to being able to fire one's weapon when it's slung over one's shoulder? Is this bug affiliated with using the GRAA mod?

Is it possible to better incorporate Sanctuary’s great GRAA 2.0 work so that the models aren’t deformed during certain animations, and that bugs such as firing weapons while slung over the shoulder are avoided? All of Sanctuary’s latest animations are terrific, and would be a great addition to the SLX package.

Is it possible to incorporate/include FFSX2007’s Preferences Graphics Adjusting program? I was stunned at how much better my game looked after I was able to choose its much higher quality options.

There’s a building type whose stairwell’s railing on the second floor is too close to the wall. It makes it extremely difficult to get past the railing to roam the second story. The building that’s being described here is the one that’s found in the Clean Sweep mission. It’s the second building to the left that one encounters from the mission’s starting position.

There have been numerous times where I’ve surrendered and there weren’t any observable enemies. This typically happens when I’m in a building.

When the machingun is manned for the Defend Malden campaign mission, there's a permanent muzzle flash attached to the end of its barrel. It's only visible when one's actually aiming down its iron sights.

I’m hoping that someone can assist me in the “…missing Berreta…†error message that I mentioned in an earlier post. I believe that this bug is particularly associated with pilots, as I’ve only seen its effects when playing piloting missions, and I and my fellow pilots are missing the pistol. This bug is also keeping me from testing/creating missions, which is something that I’m really excited about delving into, due to the huge improvements SLX has made to OFP. I’d like to design missions that are realistic, and geared to take advantage of SLX’s phenomenal improvements. Every time I try to preview a mission, the error which appears at the start of every mission also appears when editing, and it won’t allow me to proceed to try and play the mission I’m building. I’ve done a completely fresh reinstall of OFP and the SLX and GRAA mods, and still this “…missing Berreta…†bug is haunting me. I’ve made reference to this bug on Sanctuary’s GRAA thread, found here: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;st=105

Maybe it’d be helpful to consult it.

Solus, I hold your hard work in the highest regard, and I can’t wait to see what else you have in store for us.

Yours,

Kyle

Feb. 26, 2007

"Is there any way to get the AI to lean around structures so that they have more concealment and cover?"

I highly doubt this can be implemented. VME mod tried it as well as AI rolling which was really cool but I think the heavy script caused insane amounts of ctd.

Sorry can't help with 'beretta' error. I remember having that before but it never stopped the mission from loading.

I’m hoping that someone can assist me in the “…missing Berreta…†error message that I mentioned in an earlier post.

Its something with the replacement pack that is part of SLX.

In the default SLX config there is this section:

// SLX ADD : If the replacement pack is installed then some extra models can be used. Uncomment to enable.

#define SLX_REPLACEMENT_PACK_INSTALLED

Add // to # define to its like //#define

This will disable the replacement pack but you wont get the error anymore. At least it worked for me when I used the default config. I just use the grouplink/wounds now so manually add it to my configs. I'm not sure if its in the GRAA SLX config but its worth a look.

I'm not sure how to install the replacement pack though. I didnt run the install batches so maybe that was why I got the error.

Hello.

I am fairly new to Operation Flashpoint, but having played it for a while I felt that better AI would make it shine even more. And guess what, I found SLX. A wonderful mod, not only when it comes to AI improvement, and I really want to use it.

But, there is one problem, my computer don't like it as much as I do. To be more specific, all the new smoke effects are killing my machine! Is there a easy way to disable them, like uncommenting a line or two in a config or maybe just removing a file?

Hello.

I am fairly new to Operation Flashpoint, but having played it for a while I felt that better AI would make it shine even more. And guess what, I found SLX. A wonderful mod, not only when it comes to AI improvement, and I really want to use it.

But, there is one problem, my computer don't like it as much as I do. To be more specific, all the new smoke effects are killing my machine! Is there a easy way to disable them, like uncommenting a line or two in a config or maybe just removing a file?

Look in your SLX_GL3_Settings.sfg file in the @SLX mod folder.

One of its settings is "//SLX_NoSmoke = 1". Remove the // to disable the smoke from tanks/apcs.

There is also a damage effects for vehicles "//SLX_NoDmg = 1" that you could disable the same way.

Another is shot effects "SLX_ShotFX = 0". I have mine to 0 to disable dirt, smoke, dust, etc. from guns. 1 is default.

If its not these you can reenable them by adding back the // or changing 0 back to 1.

There is other stuff in there you can easily enable/disable the same way. So just take a peak in there.

Just remember to back up your original 1st so you have that to fall back on if you make a mistake.

Yeah. Found these settings earlier. ShotFx one didn´t work for me though, I zeroed it and I am still seing smoke when firing. Why is that?

But, I still want to get rid of the fire smoke effects on explosions. The ones that appear when throwing a grenade, smoke grenade, or a when tank explodes and starts to burn. Is that possible?

Nevermind my question, just tweaked som grapic settings and I got a much smoother gaming experience.

Another bug, with big consequences.

I believe that there's at least one building, possibly more, that have windows that don't permit the player to see enemy AI, although the AI can see the player.

I'm very confident that this is the situation for the "cafe'" that's found in Clean Sweep. There have been several times where I tried fighting out of that building, not seeing any AI through the windows, yet I'm taking rounds from the direction I'm looking. I've exited the building, only to discover that on the opposite sides of the windows I was once looking through there was enemy AI there.

I'm either right about this, or going a little crazy.

smile_o.gif

Two posts in a row. Either that's dedication or being annoying. wink_o.gif

I'm wondering if there's any way to give SF for all sides some more immunity to surrendering. Too often the Special Forces unit(s) will surrender very early into a mission. They're supposed to be outnumbered, because they're relying on their superior training and equipment.

And a little clarity regarding the "I can't see enemy AI through windows although they can see me" bug. The building type that it's happening in is also the same building that has the stairwell's rail that's too close to the wall on the second floor. I'm pretty sure that this bug has occurred in at least one other building type, but I'll have to check again to be sure.

That's it for now.

Yours,

Kyle

March 4, 2007

smile_o.gif

Canukausiuka,

Does anybody know why BIS didn't address this rather large glitch? If this bug carries over into MP, I can't imagine the level of frustration that must be created by such a defect. Has anyone in the modding community come up with a workaround?

Another bug, which I'm not sure has been reported before. When smoke grenades are thrown by the player, the buildings disappear for 2-3 seconds. Weird and annoying.

Yours,

Kyle

March 5, 2007

BIS isn't fixing it b/c they aren't working on OFP any more, plain and simple. Why it wasn't fixed before, I don't know, and honestly, it doesn't matter at this point. The bug remains.

As I recall, it has to do with the use of certain .paa textures and transparency. A workaround would be to use a .pac or no texture at all, which would remove the glass look of the window, but would allow you to see through it with no issue at all (like many of the windows in OFP).

The smoke grenade bug is probably due to the presence of a viewGeometry LOD missing a named property. If you want something to have a viewGeo LOD and not hide buildings, you have to put the property canOcclude=0 into the model. Since you are talking about smoke grenades, it must be due to a script creating an invisible object to block the AI's line of sight... but w/o that property, it will hide objects for you too.

smile_o.gif

Personally I'm glad they haven't fixed it the Alpha Ghosting/Layering bug, because it enables us to eploit it for some reasonably good graphical affects (such as slides going back when handguns are fired etc).

Hi all...

Well, since the thread has been quiet for a while I reckoned it was time for me to stop lurking (can't help it... its me nature tounge2.gif ) and make a few comments...

Firstly @ Solus... After reading and re-reading 53 pages and using SLX for the last month or so I just gotta say that this is a truly impressive piece of work!! Like seriously WOW material! Firefights are now really atmospheric and unpredictable... smoke and small arms fire flying everywhere, BMPs shelling anything that moves or even doesn't... supressive fire that suppresses the hell outa me I can tell ya! - and that's just Stealing the Car!!! GRRRREAT stuff!!!

notworthy.gif

I've been using a personal config adapted from the one William1 posted on the GRAA Modpack thread which combines ECP, GRAA and SLX which I've then adapted considerably to use Jackals excellent SJB weapons pack and various armour models, amongst other things...

Everything works sweet in Single Player, but in Multiplayer (basic LAN game with 2 friends - all using the exact same install and config, etc), I've been getting quite a few "freezes" during missions...

It's pretty unpredictable... any of the 3 of us can freeze at any time while the other two are unaffected, other times there may be 2 players locked up while another is OK... a mission can last 2 minutes or 20 before a freeze occurs... Occasionally everything is fine and runs smooth all evening (very occasionally)...

Before anyone says the obvious "hey, your config is a badly adapted psychojumble" [edit - well.. the bits Im responsible for are] - yes, I know it is! But it works fine in Single Player almost without fail...

Using a couple of other configs I've tried several mod combinations (ECP/SLX, GRAA/SLX, ECP/GRAA) and I get similar freezing issues only when SLX is involved...

I bet I figure it out eventually, but I was just wondering to what extent other peepz have tried SLX in multiplayer and any issues anyone else might have been having.

OH, and... does anybody know how I can disable or at least lessen the possibility of the "going prone involuntarily when under fire" effect... I quite like the "turf surfing" slide when diving, it's just a little annoying going prone when I'm running like hell for the nearest bush...

Anyway.... great stuff in general and delighted to see OFP still getting a little support despite the massive shift to ArmA...

(bought it, but my 3ghz, 1gb ram, FX5700 machine can't get past 2FPS with everything on mega-low so I'd far rather play OFP with these mods than bunny hop around legoland in ArmA)...

B

The CTDs could be due to some scripting issues related to the Wound system incorporated by Solus, temporary disabling it via the settings.sqf result in a fix as it has been carried out for the FFUR/SLX MOD.

regards,

TB

@Bushlurker

SLX is indeed the bomb. I'm constantly lurking ARMA Mod Complete hoping to see SLX there and I'm sure it wont disappoint. As far as the going prone I believe if you go into the GL3 SQF and change the 'No suppress' to zero it will remove that feature. Not sure as I don't currently have it on me HD.

@T-Bird

Also cant wait to see your stuff in ARMA! Is FFSX currently being played in MP? Havent seen it there.

Solus your certainly one of the humblest low-key modmakers out there like when you first came out with with SLX- "Hi, I've got this little mod I'm releasing..." which we all know turned out to be a masterpice and now I've just noticed that your GL3 script is in Sickboy's ARMA mod  crazy_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

Is this the complete GL3 from OFP and will you still be releasing your own exclusive stuff for ARMA?

Quote[/b] ] @T-Bird

Also cant wait to see your stuff in ARMA! Is FFSX currently being played in MP? Havent seen it there.

Thank you for your interest, you might find the answer in the bottom of the following page. ;]

Quote[/b] ]Solus your certainly one of the humblest low-key modmakers out there like when you first came out with with SLX- "Hi, I've got this little mod I'm releasing..." which we all know turned out to be a masterpice and now I've just noticed that your GL3 script is in Sickboy's ARMA mod

I second that, we all have been surprised by the release of this 'unknown' MOD which quickly became a TOP-reference in terms of effects and AI behavior, alongside other mods like ECP... etc.

regards,

TB

URRRRGGGHHH!!! I cant get this wondeful mod to work, i put everything where its supposed to be, and when i try to start up ofp

it doesn't start it and it says processor failed on file config.cpp error 1. i read the readme like 5 times also. can someone please help?