Solus

SLX Replacement Pack, Mod, and Addons

paragraphic l: Thanks! :]

Kroky: Thanks for trying it out!

Freshman: Thank you very much for your help Freshman!! biggrin_o.gif

triumph: The grenade spamming could be a FFUR config thing, although they might have also been trying to attack a GL3 suppressive fire target. A solution might be to lower the AI engagement range on the grenades so they know they have to get closer to throw higher. A higher cost value in the hand grenade config might also reduce the amount of spamming. The wounding is triggered by a fine threshold in some situations. It could possibly be the FFUR damage settings on munitions or the human armor or even the aiming precision, but I think the latest default SLX config has the same problem. I think it might be with the aim precision since that's the only change I can think of that might affect the wounding. You could set the SLX_Wounded value lower in the SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf to lower the level of damage required to be wounded. Try setting it to 0.5 and see if that's any better. Like froggyluv said, you can disable surrendering by uncommenting the line "SLX_NoSurrender = 1;" in the SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf. Also comment out SLX_Fleeing if it's not commented out already. The sometimes overagressive AI is something that I'll try to fix in ArmA SLX Mod. :]

froggyluv: Thanks for helping! The supersonic cracks have been changed around in 1.09, they have different sounds that only play once and don't loop so the sound is only played from the bullet's position for about the first few hundred meters. Sorry it's not as noticable as the old one. :/ I didn't edit the sounds to be louder and it might be better if the sound was played after 100 meters, maybe in an update I'll change it a bit.

william1: Looks like the ArmA compile command slipped into the OFP release, sorry. tounge2.gif I'll fix that if there's an update.

sickboy: Thanks for helping me out! :]

battle hampster: A CTD in the editor seems strange, I don't know what could be causing it or the other ones, sorry. :/

snoofkin911: You could add that to GL3 fairly easily I think. Maybe add it after the suppressive fire script is called in GroupLink3.sqs and then have the script do "{_x fire ["Throw","SmokeShell","SmokeShell"]} foreach units _group" or something like that. You could also give your squad a bunch of grenade launchers with the "SLX_SmokeGrenadeLauncher" magazine and they should shoot it at the enemy when you come into contact.

V.P.: Thanks! It seems to be coming along well. :]

Welcome back solus and awesome job though I am still wary to try out the new mod for fear of the same problems that other people have been having and will someone please mirror the mod.

Hi, here's another update: SLX Mod Update 1.093 @ FileFront 2.69MB

Changes from 1.092.

Changed tank muzzle flash.

Updated SLX_GL3 to version 1.054.

Fixed AI join bug.

Updated SLX_Wounds to version 1.021.

Possible fix for dropped weapons crash.

ArmA runs a lot faster than OFP so I was able to test a platoon sized fight and easily reproduce the dropped weapon CTD bug so I could rapidly test to try and fix it. I think I've found a solution to the problem so I added the changes to the OFP version of SLX Wounds. Hopefully this time it might really be fixed so it should increase the stability of OFP SLX Mod. tounge2.gif

paragraphic l: Thanks for helping! biggrin_o.gif

Universal: I'll try uploading it to filefront in a bit.

it seems that the link doesn't work , after clicking on the download link it takes to an advertisement page

Edit : now works sorry tounge2.gif

thanks Solus thumbs-up.gif

Hmm, link takes me to homepage filefront and I can't locate this file with the search

Yes i've got the same problem, so i've clicked on solus user profile and refresh several time to have all the files......

I've just installed and play with tonal, the RPG anim are now perfect.... Just great !

What else I've done it's to try to put a copy of the GL3settings.sqs in the Tonal+SLX mod folder with GL3 tonal enabled, and at the same time i keep a copy in the "vanilla" slx folder without the Tonal Gl3 enabled, for instance it works but :

Do you think that i will have some problems ?

Another question : When a enemy unit is surrendering, is it consider as "non-present" for a trigger condition ?

Someon has some problem of compatibility with GDCE mission or Dynamic war ?

And last has someone created some mission specifically working for SLX-GL3 ?

Anyway JUST GREAT

notworthy.gif

Tried the profile/refresh. Worked after 6 tries but when I click download it goes back to home page crazy_o.gif

No luck at all filefront- could someone please mirror?

Ok its working now. My config still reads version 1.092 is that correct?

Here's a mirror for 1.09:

SLX Mod 1.09 @ FileFront 34.36 MB

And here's a mirror for the update:

<a href="http://www.rogepost.com/n/9888829372" target="_blank">SLX Mod Update 1.093 @ RogePost 2.69 MB

</a>

william1, froggyluv: I guess filefront takes a while to get new files working right, it didn't show it for me earlier but it seems to be working now.

df2dpxs: Thanks! I think the settings sqf is only read from the @SLX folder, but if it works from another mod folder that's interesting!

Surrendering units remain part of the squad of the side they're on and triggers will still consider them there. :/ Maybe in a future update I'll be able to make them join a different side so they won't count in triggers.

I think SLX Mod should work with those dynamic missions and am unaware of any issues with them specifically.

I don't know of any completed missions using GL3 yet, sorry. :/

froggyluv: Yeah it's correct, sorry, I forgot to change the config version after adding the tank flash.

Whats the use of the SLX_Wounds ? I never Used them befor.

Also could I add the SLX_Wounds with the SLX_GL3 or does SLX_GL3 already have the SLX Wounds?

paragraphic l: Thank you for making that mission! biggrin_o.gif It helped me finally fix that error. :]

Mike31: SLX_Wounds adds effects that happen when someone gets hit, like making them fall down or become incapacitated, and adds some features like surrendering and dragging wounded people. Group Link 3 can be set up to enable SLX_Wounds on all units that are initialized into GL3. In the SLX Mod config SLX_Wounds is enabled by default. If you are making a mission with GL3 and you want to use SLX_Wounds too then make sure these lines are in your mission init.sqs:

SLX_Wounds_Path = "\SLX_Wounds\";

SLX_Wounded = 0.6;

SLX_VelocityMX = 1;

SLX_VelocityMX.

SLX_MaxGibs = (6*6);

SLX_MaxDropWeapons = 15;

There are comments for these lines in the SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf file in the @SLX mod folder. SLX_Wounds requires the addon to be distributed with your mission though. You can also have customized SLX_Wounds scripts in your mission if you want to change something, just depbo the addon and copy the scripts to a folder in your mission folder and set the SLX_Wounds_Path to that folder. Have fun with it! :]

I was re-playing retaliation with slx/ffur and on the liberate airport level, was taking fire from god knows where- then I saw them, on the roof!! Too cool.

Tracers look great nice job!

Solus could you add a feature so that people can hitch a ride on tanks etc... like the t-55 , t-62 ? on the top of the tank or btr's etc...

and evertime you have an update what do we do with the current slx folder do we delete it or what ?

also howcome i cant find the shovel etc... ?

just download vit btr and stuff.

Was playing in MP and noticed that ai most of the time were supresing well but there is the odd moment where they shoot at the sky or carry on shooting near corpses when everybody else has died!

any chance of stabilising it?

great work as always btw

Heh. I go it to work and now i need ffur 2007 config, and im too lazy to search it here. tounge2.gif So could'cha send link (again)?

AceTalker out

Words of the day: It's the weekend, im not moving.

Heh. I go it to work and now i need ffur 2007 config, and im too lazy to search it here. tounge2.gif So could'cha send link (again)?

AceTalker out

Words of the day: It's the weekend, im not moving.

The FFUR/SLX config is on FFUR's first page.

Hope I'd didn't stress ya tounge2.gif

hey, I was wondering about how i could make the units stay blown apart on the ground and not dissappear after like 5 seconds or around there, is there anything in the config where i could make them stay there for good or for a really long time, if so could you tell me, thanks.

This is a great mod. I love playing Dynamic Tonal with it, makes for interesting fights. But, I am getting a little frustrated.

I have spent the last three evenings trying to get a wounded guy into a vehicle. I have tried using several different vehicles, both military and civilian. I have tried empty vehicles and vehicles with crews. I have tried the basic BIS vehicles and addon vehicles. I have tried ground vehicles and helicopters as well. I get the idea from the readme that the player has to be in the vehicle.

I give up! What is the secret to loading a wounded man into a vehicle???

@Solus,

Love your mod, but I noticed that the Spec Ops Day (XMS) units magazines show up as a 0, which has them otherwise unarmed. The magazines themselves show up in the inventory, but not when trying to fire the XMS.

This is a great mod. I love playing Dynamic Tonal with it, makes for interesting fights. But, I am getting a little frustrated.

I have spent the last three evenings trying to get a wounded guy into a vehicle. I have tried using several different vehicles, both military and civilian. I have tried empty vehicles and vehicles with crews. I have tried the basic BIS vehicles and addon vehicles. I have tried ground vehicles and helicopters as well. I get the idea from the readme that the player has to be in the vehicle.

I give up! What is the secret to loading a wounded man into a vehicle???

Dynamic Tonal? Never herd of it. Could you send me a link.

I dont belive you can get wounded in to the vehicles. Dragging them is just to get them out of the battle area.

From the SLX_Wounds readme:

Quote[/b] ]Moving dead/wounded or captives in vehicles:

Wounded, dead, and captive units can be moved into vehicles by using the Drag or Follow action when in a vehicle. Make sure the action is in your action menu when entering the vehicle or you won't be able to use it. There must be free cargo space in the vehicle for the unit to enter.

Can't make it work!!!

Mike31 - I can't find the link, but the mission is called Dynamic Tonal created by Honcho. Sorry!