Solus

SLX Replacement Pack, Mod, and Addons

i've got a problem running slx 1.92 with tonal redux.

when i start tonal redux (-mod=@slx;@tonalredux) i get the following message:

Quote[/b] ]no entry "config.cpp/cfgWeapons.BAS_BTRT.30Cannon".

while in the game most of the stuff seems to be working fine, but i can't reload the magazine of my AKM (is it supposed to be called that in tonal redux anyway?). the reloading animation plays fine but the weapon stays empty.

anybody got the same problem or better a solution?

I've been getting similar error messages when playing with my I44 config. Mine are usually mid-mission and don't crash anything; they are just annoying. It tells me that there's no config entry for, say, semi fire on the Sten. I know its there, I coded it myself, and I know that the classname is correct. But I still get the message, and I can still use those weapons. It only appears to happen w/ the AI.

Hey Solus,

I found another error while running SLX with WGL 5.12. If I try to deploy the NSV machinegun, I get a CTD. Any clues on a workaround?

Thanks,

Biggie

Hi, the ArmA SLX Mod is coming along well and is pretty much done but I'm still doing some more bug testing and optimising so it's not quite ready for release yet. Here's a basic features list of what's done so far:

Vehicles/units:

-more wounding

-more vehicle armor

-stronger front armor on tanks, weak rear engine armor

-extended fields of view

-Global Group Link 3 effects and SLX Wounds

-more dynamic AI skill settings

-unit replacement configs

-no explosion when vehicles are destroyed

-MP compatible config with no GL3 effects

-able to die from hitting the ground at high speed while in a parachute

-more AT weapons in ammo crates and vehicles

Animations:

-more and faster movement modes and smoother changes between them

-more aim shaking

-more stamina affects

-separate rifle and MG reloading speeds

-slower rifle, MG, and AT reloads

-removed stopping while shooting

-outstretched arm for grenade aiming

-fast AT weapon to prone move

-harder for AI's to see prone people

Weapons:

-extended fields of view for basic sights

-changed ballistics, weapons, and damage settings

-more recoil

-ejected casing effect

-pistol caliber casings

-fast grenade throwing

-fast disposable AT launcher reload

-removed rifle crosshairs

-rifle tracers only in rifle tracers mode

-magazines loaded with tracer rounds for squad leaders

-grenade launcher smoke rounds

-optional binocular optics

-working laser designator and laser guided AI bombing

-working javelin launcher loaded model with fast reload

Particles:

-many changed effects

-more affected by wind

-explosion effects: fire/dust ball, dust skirt, smoke column

Clutter/grass:

-more affected by wind

-customizable settings

Misc:

-team menu

-safety weapon action

-removed reload icon

-more intuitive action priorities

Along with many other small changes.

thunderbird84: Sorry the garrison script isn't working. :/

BigPoppa898, HGuderian: Glad things are going well ! :]

froggyluv: If you want tracers on every shot you could look in the GL3 settings file and enable the tracers for all sides on every shot. Just uncomment the settings for it and comment out the default settings. I think I got the tracers working for ArmA but I don't know how to make them glow in the daytime. :/

Red_Evasion: I guess that earlier problem wasn't with SLX Mod. The resource.cpp file only changes the position of the ammo counter.

Schulz: The GL3 scripts only call for CoC artillery but you could modify them to call for a different kind if you want. I think the CoC artillery fires whatever munitions they have loaded, so if they only have a nuke round loaded they they should fire that. I don't think there are any CoC units that only have the nuke round so you would probably have to modify the scripts or create a unit that has only the nuke round with the same artillery group name that GL3 looks for.

Wire: Good idea! It would work very similarly to the item slot knives, only with a canteen model, a different animation, and the "shots" would have no effects. The animation would have a high negative "duty" value so that they become rested very quickly when drinking from the canteen. It should be possible with OFP but I don't know if I'm going to work on the OFP SLX Mod any more. I haven't figured out how to make animations for the new ArmA models yet so I don't know if I'll be able to do it for ArmA SLX Mod either. Maybe someday it'll be implemented though. :]

Kyla: Strange that it's not working, I don't know what could be causing it, sorry. :/

Mike31: Hunger seems like it would take too long to have an effect for the times that most OFP and ArmA missions take but maybe a CTI scenario could have it scripted in.

smasha: Try what Creepy_Smell suggested. Try making sure your FFUR startup shortcut has the @SLX part in it like this: -mod=@SLX;FFUR2007

Creepy_Smell: Thanks for helping!

punishment: Hmm, the missing beretta error might be the new models added in the 1.09 replacement pack. Try running the replacement pack installer again and it should install the beretta model so that that error should go away. You could also try commenting out the line "#define SLX_REPLACEMENT_PACK_INSTALLED" at the top of the config and it should use the default models instead. I'll check out the M1A2 and see if I can find out why it crashed after the gun was damaged and fix that in ArmA GL3 and maybe someday in OFP GL3. The phantom AI's that keep the lights on should join a civilian squad after being created in your squad but maybe it was full and they couldn't join it. I guess it won't be a problem in ArmA since there aren't any more squad limits but I might add some more checks to make sure it doesn't happen in the OFP one someday. There are a lot of things that could still be done with OFP but ArmA is pretty interesting too so I wan't to try and get the ArmA SLX Mod out first, then maybe I will do some more updates for OFP SLX Mod. :]

versus, Canukausiuka: I'll see if I can find out what's causing those errors and maybe fix them in an update.

Jackal326: Thanks!

BigPoppa898: Sorry, no idea what could be causing that crash. :[ I'll check it out and see if I can find out what's wrong and maybe fix it in a future update.

Thanks Solus. Thank you for the brilliant mod you have contributed to OFP really bringing me back into the genre and really taking it to a whole new level. While I'm sad to see you're leaving OFP you've created a mod thats truly a Hall-of-Famer.

I don't own the retail copy of Arma yet but from the demo the areas your enhancing look promising and much needed. Can't wait to get a copy and I'll see you on the other side tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]I'll see if I can find out what's causing those errors and maybe fix them in an update.

awesome! i'd really love to play the tonal campaign...but not without my SLX!!tounge2.gif

also, really looking forward to some nice cloudlets in arma!

well the one thing that probably need the most work in arma is the AI...but let's hope BI is already fixing that;)

Damn! Solus that all sounds to good to be true, but looking at that list it seems, for me as someone without the needed knowledge, that you've done more then alone scripting, or did I get this wrong, can you show what you mean with -outstretched arm for grenade aiming?

Hi, the ArmA SLX Mod is coming along well and is pretty much done but I'm still doing some more bug testing and optimising so it's not quite ready for release yet. Here's a basic features list of what's done so far:

Vehicles/units:

-more wounding

-more vehicle armor

-stronger front armor on tanks, weak rear engine armor

-extended fields of view

-Global Group Link 3 effects and SLX Wounds

-more dynamic AI skill settings

-unit replacement configs

-no explosion when vehicles are destroyed

-MP compatible config with no GL3 effects

-able to die from hitting the ground at high speed while in a parachute

-more AT weapons in ammo crates and vehicles

Animations:

-more and faster movement modes and smoother changes between them

-more aim shaking

-more stamina affects

-separate rifle and MG reloading speeds

-slower rifle, MG, and AT reloads

-removed stopping while shooting

-outstretched arm for grenade aiming

-fast AT weapon to prone move

-harder for AI's to see prone people

Weapons:

-extended fields of view for basic sights

-changed ballistics, weapons, and damage settings

-more recoil

-ejected casing effect

-pistol caliber casings

-fast grenade throwing

-fast disposable AT launcher reload

-removed rifle crosshairs

-rifle tracers only in rifle tracers mode

-magazines loaded with tracer rounds for squad leaders

-grenade launcher smoke rounds

-optional binocular optics

-working laser designator and laser guided AI bombing

-working javelin launcher loaded model with fast reload

Particles:

-many changed effects

-more affected by wind

-explosion effects: fire/dust ball, dust skirt, smoke column

Clutter/grass:

-more affected by wind

-customizable settings

Misc:

-team menu

-safety weapon action

-removed reload icon

-more intuitive action priorities

Along with many other small changes.

thunderbird84: Sorry the garrison script isn't working. :/

BigPoppa898, HGuderian: Glad things are going well ! :]

froggyluv: If you want tracers on every shot you could look in the GL3 settings file and enable the tracers for all sides on every shot. Just uncomment the settings for it and comment out the default settings. I think I got the tracers working for ArmA but I don't know how to make them glow in the daytime. :/

Red_Evasion: I guess that earlier problem wasn't with SLX Mod. The resource.cpp file only changes the position of the ammo counter.

Schulz: The GL3 scripts only call for CoC artillery but you could modify them to call for a different kind if you want. I think the CoC artillery fires whatever munitions they have loaded, so if they only have a nuke round loaded they they should fire that. I don't think there are any CoC units that only have the nuke round so you would probably have to modify the scripts or create a unit that has only the nuke round with the same artillery group name that GL3 looks for.

Wire: Good idea! It would work very similarly to the item slot knives, only with a canteen model, a different animation, and the "shots" would have no effects. The animation would have a high negative "duty" value so that they become rested very quickly when drinking from the canteen. It should be possible with OFP but I don't know if I'm going to work on the OFP SLX Mod any more. I haven't figured out how to make animations for the new ArmA models yet so I don't know if I'll be able to do it for ArmA SLX Mod either. Maybe someday it'll be implemented though. :]

Kyla: Strange that it's not working, I don't know what could be causing it, sorry. :/

Mike31: Hunger seems like it would take too long to have an effect for the times that most OFP and ArmA missions take but maybe a CTI scenario could have it scripted in.

smasha: Try what Creepy_Smell suggested. Try making sure your FFUR startup shortcut has the @SLX part in it like this: -mod=@SLX;FFUR2007

Creepy_Smell: Thanks for helping!

punishment: Hmm, the missing beretta error might be the new models added in the 1.09 replacement pack. Try running the replacement pack installer again and it should install the beretta model so that that error should go away. You could also try commenting out the line "#define SLX_REPLACEMENT_PACK_INSTALLED" at the top of the config and it should use the default models instead. I'll check out the M1A2 and see if I can find out why it crashed after the gun was damaged and fix that in ArmA GL3 and maybe someday in OFP GL3. The phantom AI's that keep the lights on should join a civilian squad after being created in your squad but maybe it was full and they couldn't join it. I guess it won't be a problem in ArmA since there aren't any more squad limits but I might add some more checks to make sure it doesn't happen in the OFP one someday. There are a lot of things that could still be done with OFP but ArmA is pretty interesting too so I wan't to try and get the ArmA SLX Mod out first, then maybe I will do some more updates for OFP SLX Mod. :]

versus, Canukausiuka: I'll see if I can find out what's causing those errors and maybe fix them in an update.

Jackal326: Thanks!

BigPoppa898: Sorry, no idea what could be causing that crash. :[ I'll check it out and see if I can find out what's wrong and maybe fix it in a future update.

aaah -thank you .

I think I had that part wrong.

froggyluv: You're welcome! It's been fun making the OFP SLX Mod and the ArmA one seems like it could be even better someday. :]

versus: For the time being you could try using one of the older Tonal+SLX configs, one of them should work since I played through the tonal campaign with it. Here's the old configs if you want to try it out: Tonal+SLX previous configs. I might change the ArmA AI fsm files in a future update. :]

paragraphic l: Thanks, I haven't really done any scripting though, all those things are just config changes. :] The outstreched arm for grenade throwing is just the unarmed hand grenade throwing animation, it has the left arm stretch out just before throwing so you can aim your throw a little. It's now used for both the rifle and pistol standing hand grenade throwing animation but the switching animations are much faster so it doesn't take too long to throw. Here's a picture of some hand grenades being thrown: grenade throwing. I was throwing the RGO grenades that explode on impact and you can see the start of the first grenade's dust skirt. The arm is lowering a bit in the picture and it aims more towards the elbow but it still gives you a good idea of where you're aiming without using a crosshair. When I figure out how to change animations I might make the hand be the aim point. I'm also using the woodland MARPAT replacement config in the picture.

smasha: Glad you got it working. :]

love to hear that, I do play without crosshair most of the time and the handgrenade is mostly practicing and lots of luck, especially with the floating aim to it's max.

It sure looks nice smile_o.gif and you truly are inventive biggrin_o.gif

@Solus

Do you need people testing your ArmA SLX config?

If so, I am ready to do extensive beta testing for you.

Quote[/b] ]Do you need people testing your ArmA SLX config?

Same for me thumbs-up.gif

not sure if this is a slx or a ffur thing, but if an AI infantry unit spots you in the upper floor of a building, it will spam its hand grenades at you even though they have no chance of hitting.

Also, was the chance that a soldier will be injured and immobilized rather than killed decreased? It seems like its much harder to injure a soldier than it was initially. I get a morbid kick out of hearing all the whining and moaning so I'd like to see that changed . rofl.gif

Also: I tried playing "Clean Sweep II" with ffur+slx and it was fubar, our team kept spontaneously surrendering and the AI was firing on positions where no enemy was. Also, with the aggressive AI it would be almost impossible to finish that mission.

not sure if this is a slx or a ffur thing, but if an AI infantry unit spots you in the upper floor of a building, it will spam its hand grenades at you even though they have no chance of hitting.

Also, was the chance that a soldier will be injured and immobilized rather than killed decreased? It seems like its much harder to injure a soldier than it was initially. I get a morbid kick out of hearing all the whining and moaning so I'd like to see that changed . rofl.gif

Also: I tried playing "Clean Sweep II" with ffur+slx and it was fubar, our team kept spontaneously surrendering and the AI was firing on positions where no enemy was. Also, with the aggressive AI it would be almost impossible to finish that mission.

I use Clean Sweep 1 and 2 constantly to try out new mods and updates because they are the perfect testing ground for new effects and capabilties. Personally I've been KIA a few times in 1 with an enemy hitting me with a grenade upstairs.

i had the same problem in 2 with surrendering so just go into GL3 settings and lower or disable fleeing. It is possible to win 2 but VERY tough. Always take an AT with you, and use a lot of hit and run tactics.

I use Clean Sweep 1 and 2 constantly to try out new mods and updates because they are the perfect testing ground for new effects and capabilties. Personally I've been KIA a few times in 1 with an enemy hitting me with a grenade upstairs.

i had the same problem in 2 with surrendering so just go into GL3 settings and lower or disable fleeing. It is possible to win 2 but VERY tough. Always take an AT with you, and use a lot of hit and run tactics.

I only tried CSII a few times, and I was focusing on protecting my men and working as a team rather than winning. Otherwise I would have commanded my guys to stay prone at spawn and gone in on my own because they only serve to give away my position before dieing smile_o.gif

The aggressiveness of the AI is really the biggest difference compared to vanilla OFP. It's cool to a degree because the AI becomes much more lethal and efficient, but its somewhat unrealistic in that they're almost suicidal in their aggression like they would gladly sacrifice their own life to see you dead.

@Triumph

I see what your saying but i think sending in 3 spec. ops against such resistance is sort of unrealistsic anyway. Stealth and silenced weapons work to a point but once they know your there, and you are so outmatched they have no reason not to be aggressive.

Personally I love the aggressivness, I'm currently playing PMC's Ranger Path(SLX+FFUR), and I find that being really tactical is the only way to suceed any mission.

this error message has shown in the SP mission clean sweap when boarding the chopper at the end of the mission with version 1.092

the "descon" at the end means "unknown"

dibujoqm7.jpg

@Solus

Do you need people testing your ArmA SLX config?

Same for me. Have much MP experience, also in scripting. Am especially interested in the GroupLink 3 Part, as I have converted DAC by Silola and am Developping a dynamic island populator smile_o.gif GL3 would be a major addition & improvement.

Keep up the amazing job, it's a pitty that I never got into SLX simply because ArmA was at our doorstep, very interested in your work for ArmA.

The surrender and flee additions should be removed IMO, as they bugger the missions badly. Also the forced prone under fire effect should be toned down because it sometimes kicks in at inappropriate times. I was trying to finish clean sweep II and my player surrendered about a hundred times, which made me have to reload my savegames countless times. Also I would be crouched and fixing an enemy in my sites and would automatically be forced into prone position even when no one was firing on my position. I would also suggest scaling back the AI aggression a little because in playing the missions it currently seems a little overboard and the enemy go 'kamikaze' spamming nades and killing each other.

The surrender and flee additions should be removed IMO, as they bugger the missions badly. Also the forced prone under fire effect should be toned down because it sometimes kicks in at inappropriate times. I was trying to finish clean sweep II and my player surrendered about a hundred times, which made me have to reload my savegames countless times. Also I would be crouched and fixing an enemy in my sites and would automatically be forced into prone position even when no one was firing on my position. I would also suggest scaling back the AI aggression a little because in playing the missions it currently seems a little overboard and the enemy go 'kamikaze' spamming nades and killing each other.

Dude there's no need to completely remove surrender/flee as you can easily diasable it in your GL3. I agree forced prone could be tweaked as some times my guy drops if it's just too loud outside. There's really no need to remove any of these features from the config as almost all of them are customizable.

Just curious if anyone has had problems with CTDs when using with either Invasion 1944 or FFUR 2007? I'm using the included mod configs but for some reason when I'm in the editor and sometimes in single player/campaign missions it all of a sudden CTD on me.

Is there a way or a script for the whole squad or some of it to toss smoke granades

if not would it be easy to add such a feature

tnx

bye

Awesome work solus. looking forward to the ARMA SLX release as well.