Solus

SLX Replacement Pack, Mod, and Addons

ok here it is SLX ffur 2006 2.5 customized (put in ffur 2006/bin folder )

see botton of the page for updated one

replaced ffur 2006 west and east soldiers for ffur 2007 ones , the ffur 06 cursor for ffur 07 one , and corrected the ural wreck and the ch47 chopper.

for it to work properly you have to copy this ffur 2007 addons into your ffur 2006 addons folder:(make back up first if desired)

"ch47.pbo", "ffur_ru.pbo" and "ffur_us.pbo" smile_o.gif

hi folks just a question are the download links on the first page the most up to date ones?

im not really in the mood to start looking through 40 pages smile_o.gif

and maybe any patches?

ok here it is SLX ffur 2006 2.5 customized (put in ffur 2006/bin folder )

replaced ffur 2006 west and east soldiers for ffur 2007 ones , the ffur 06 cursor for ffur 07 one , and corrected the ural wreck and the ch47 chopper.

for it to work properly you have to copy this ffur 2007 addons into your ffur 2006 addons folder:(make back up first if desired)

"ch47.pbo", "ffur_ru.pbo" and "ffur_us.pbo"  smile_o.gif

Didn't 2007 overwrite 2.5?

I can't convert config.cpp by williams1 to bin..i used cpp2bin found in ffur2007 but it gaves to me some errors..williams, can you post the bin file please??? help.gif

I can't convert config.cpp by williams1 to bin..i used cpp2bin found in ffur2007 but it gaves to me some errors..williams, can you post the bin file please??? help.gif

sounds obvious but you do know the config william 1 posted is for the ffur 2006 mod don't you

I'm currently working on a SLX 1.08/FFUR 2007 config, please keep patient until it is done properly, because the FFUR 2007 has its own folder and comes with a lot of changes compared to the last release.

Regards,

TB

froggyluv :

yes , but i had the precaution to rename the ffur 2006 folder before installing ffur 2007 so it is not deleted tounge2.gif

goliath86:

sorry is in cpp format , if you can't convert it to bin with any program i can't help you there

action man , yes the config i have customized is for ffur 2006 2.5 not for ffur 2007

UPDATED fixed the problem with the ffur 2006 russian Kord 12mm , replaced with ffur 2007 NSV 12 mm

SLX ffur 2006 2.5 customized (put in ffur 2006/bin folder )

http://rapidshare.com/files/10234125/config.rar.html

replaced ffur 2006 west and east soldiers with ffur 2007 ones , the ffur 06 cursor with ffur 07 one , and corrected the ural wreck and the ch47 chopper.

for it to work properly you have to copy these ffur 2007 addons into your ffur 2006 addons folder:(make back up first if desired)

"ch47.pbo", "ffur_ru.pbo" and "ffur_us.pbo"

you will also need to replace the ffur 2006 "ffur_misc.pbo" with this one (for the corrected russian Kord) :

http://rapidshare.com/files/10234777/ffur_misc.rar.html

smile_o.gif

Hey All,

Is anyone else having trouble getting the GL3 CoC artillery calls by the AI to work when running SLX with WGL 5.12? It works great in vanilla SLX, but doesn't seem to work with WGL....

Biggie

hi folks just a question are the download links on the first page the most up to date ones?

im not really in the mood to start looking through 40 pages smile_o.gif

and maybe any patches?

i asked this but no reply just yet so just a reminder smile_o.gif

last version is 1.08 ergo the one in the first post is the newest  smile_o.gif

And you don't need any patches/upgrades ect!

hello,

I finally managed to get this mod working, I am trying to get it to work with WGL. A few questions, I'm still using WGL 5.1, is SLX 1.8 surpose to be with WGL1.12, because when I'm in mission editor, and I try to place a "REDFOR" soldier who is carrying an AK-74 is says something like "error loading data optik_ak74(magic), and also all over the map all the bushs and trees all have like white squares and stuff on them, should I install WGL 1.12 to fix these problems?

any help is apprieated smile_o.gif

p.s besides those few problems, this mod seems really really cool and I hope to get it working properly

ty

last version is 1.08 ergo the one in the first post is the newest  smile_o.gif

And you don't need any patches/upgrades ect!

ok thnx thats all i wanted to know smile_o.gif

Hi, I got a problem with tonal redux config and SLX

I've install everything like in the readme but :

I got a cannot load mission.... bas_opfor is missing, at start menu

can you help me please

Well theres your problem biggrin_o.gif

Your missing the addon BAS_opfor.pbo, check your addons folder to see if its there if not download it from ofp.info.

If this is a problem caused when you run SLX with tonal then maybe someone else cna give you sme info as i have not properly tested this.

Yeah I already have Bas_opfor and I got the problem only when i run tonal redux and slx

I forgot about this... had it sitting a while, but here's an I44-SLX config:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfe....D877FD1

Run it by installing the directory to your OFP directory, and making your mod list like this: -mod=@SLX;I44mod;@SLX_I44

they need to be in that order to work properly. I don't recommend using it with the campaign, though, since it affects the AI so much.

Hope y'all enjoy. Oh, and that DL only works for a few days, so fee free to mirror. smile_o.gif

Yeah I already have Bas_opfor and I got the problem only when i run tonal redux and slx

I get that error message all the time, both in Tonal and completly different mods yet it never seems to effect anything. Is your tonal/SLX playable?

I forgot about this... had it sitting a while, but here's an I44-SLX config:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfe....D877FD1

Run it by installing the directory to your OFP directory, and making your mod list like this: -mod=@SLX;I44mod;@SLX_I44

they need to be in that order to work properly.  I don't recommend using it with the campaign, though, since it affects the AI so much.

Hope y'all enjoy.  Oh, and that DL only works for a few days, so fee free to mirror.  smile_o.gif

Hey this looks nice, but is it for the latest release i44 or the older demo. I tried it with demo and I got the old 'guy sinking into the ground bug'. confused_o.gif

Hi everyone, sorry for being away for so long! I've been working on some stuff though so there should be a new release soon for OFP, and an ArmA release too. :] The OFP release is ready but I need to get permission to use the new supersonic bullet sounds that GL3 uses. The ArmA release needs to have a few things removed to work with default ArmA, so it doesn't require the OFP content I was messing around with. I also need to reconvert the latest GL3 and SLX Wounds scripts to have quotes instead of curly brackets around strings, I already converted them but then I made a lot more changes to the OFP versions. ArmA SLX mod might be out before I get permission for the OFP release.

Kyle_K_ski: In the next release you can zoom your iron sights to anything you want, so if you want a wide view you can zoom out. Dslyecxi explains the zoom effect in his post in a thread here. WGL doesn't have the diving animation so that's why there was no diving to the ground from suppressive fire. In the next release the default SLX mod has louder footstep sounds. About DAC, I think you're confusing me with someone else, I've only run the demo missions and one test mission with it so I don't know that much about it, sorry. :] When I tried DAC I think it was normal that it freezes up for a while while it's initializing everything and I wouldn't be too surprised if it took even longer with all of the GL3 initializations and everything.

MSMS_KDXer: Hi, thanks! In the next release the mod configs are in the configuration you suggested, no more replacing configs. :] The folders in the mod folders don't override each other, only the files inside, so the WGL DTA folder that I think only has the anims.pbo shouldn't interfere with the SLX replacement pack data and data3d pbos. For mod specific settings, like I said in the PM: I think you could make a customized one easily by having the init script somewhere else that loads your mod's settings. For example instead of the init in the config pointing to "/SLX_GL3/SLX_GL3_Init.sqs" just make it point to "../I44/GL3_Init.sqs" and modify that to load "../I44/GL3_Settings.sqf" and you could have your settings there. You can also use a different location for the scripts to run customized GL3 scripts by just changing the path to something similar to the way the Tonal and VTE scripts use in the example missions folder so you could have customized voices and stuff. The only thing changed is the voices and melee scripts in the Tonal and VTE scripts so it's not hard to just change those things to make GL3 and SLX Wounds fit something different.

Also, when playing command engine missions you can make squads not perform maneuvers(such as attacking and being called for backup) by putting them in stealth mode. It's really cool that you made an I44 config, thanks! biggrin_o.gif

Universal: Thanks for helping out in the thread! :] GL3 adds shovels to all tank class vehicles, so if GL3 is run on a CoC artillery vehicle then they should get a shovel. I don't know what effect making GL3 run on the CoC artillery units would have though so I haven't made them use GL3 yet, I might mess around with it and see what happens. If it works ok I'll add it to the next OFP release. The optics you were missing should have been installed with the rest of the replacement pack content, I'm not sure what could cause them to be missing. Sorry for not being around. :[

william1, plaintiff1, Jackal326, sim: Thanks for helping people out in the thread! biggrin_o.gif

triumph: Thanks! Some of the missions are much harder with GL3, so some missions might be too difficult. I haven't put in a way to disable the AI maneuvers or calling for backup yet, sorry. :\ In the next release you can configure when the AI's will do things, though. I don't think I changed anything about accuracy in the FFUR config so that might be something with FFUR. You could try to modify the accuracy and engagement rates to see if those affect the AI's time to fire. Look in the editable FFUR config for "aimprecision" and things like "aiRateOfFire" and stuff like that.

kosta87: Thanks, most of those issues should be addressed in the next release. :] Going prone from suppression should happen less often, the disengage orders shouldn't happen anymore, some crashes have been resolved, possibly more conditions before a group garrisons a building. I've been thinking of reducing the thickness of the dust skirt a bit so maybe I'll play around with that before the next release. I might add in the swimming for special forces solders too. I'd like to add the radio noises in a future update, so maybe eventually. Body part dismemberment and helmets flying off would require too much work so someone else will have to make an addon with those features. :] I've thought about making dismemberable zombies though, so maybe someday I'll get around to making that. :]

subroc: GL3 was kind of designed to be used with dynamically created AI's so it should work ok with DAC. :]

froggyluv: I'm pretty sure FFUR 2.5 had the slide by default, no idea why it wasn't working for you, sorry. :/ Thanks for helping people out! :] I did get ArmA and played around with it a bit and also worked on the next OFP version. ;]

SHWiiNG, ToyGun, D-scythe, 450R, capitancrunk, Asso: Sorry the downloads haven't been working. :/ I'll try and get my future releases to have reliable main mirrors.

cra3y: Glad you figured out how to get the radio voices working, thanks for helping out! :]

Kontapinte: Sorry there's no way to easily disable the AI maneuvers in current versions. :/

gunterlund: The only priority that the ally helpers script has is to wait longer before finding someone to come help the dead. I might make it have actual priorities for different cases in a future update though, and thanks for helping out in the thread. :]

punishment: The next release should have a little better waypoint following. There's a list of all melee weapon class names in the SLX Melee readme in the readmes folder. Glad you're interested in them! biggrin_o.gif I fixed the sword stroke weapon, if that's the one that you had the problem with, but Laser's HALO script and the mapfact rucksacks seemed to work fine for me, even in MP, so I'm not sure what the problem you were having was, sorry. The "planned" melee weapons are things that would be possible to implement if I had the time to make them, but I don't so I'll probably never get around to them. :/ I have a claymore sword model and a little bit of a japanese sword around somewhere, and the khukhuri would be cool though, so those are the most likely to be done if I ever do any more. :]

xr125l: Yes, you can do it the same way.

Russkie: I'm not sure what the problem you were having was, sorry. You could try reinstalling FFUR and then SLX and read the SLX readme and try again to see if you can get it working.

SHWiiNG: To use just the shot effects you need a few settings defined and then the fired event handler. You might be able to just put the shot effect settings from SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf into the SLX_ShotFX.sqs and then get the addEventHandler line for the shot effects from the SLX_Init_Unit.sqf and add that to the units or put it into a config fired event. Play around with it and you might be able to figure it out eventually. :]

snoofkin911: In the next release there are invisible targets near spotted enemies that you can order your AI's to target and then fire at. "Team Red, target position.", "Team Red, Fire!" *rat-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-pop-pop-pop-pop* then you can have another team flank the enemy while they are suppressed. :] The AI's will also automatically suppress the positions too, without you needing to order them all the time. Thank you for that mirror! biggrin_o.gif

Kyla: Thanks! An SFP config looks like it would be a lot of work and I just don't feel like doing it, sorry. :/ Maybe someone else would want to do it though. :] It's not difficult to do, just time consuming. It would be great if someone feels like taking the time. :]

GranQ: Thank you! :]

hawkins308: Thanks! Sorry I've haven't replied for so long. :[ I don't think there's any way to make the bullet holes stay around longer other than modifying the OFP .exe, which is far beyond the scope of my abilities, sorry. :/ It might be possible to make them visible from farther away though, just make a large invisible piece in the model, look at the tracer models in SLX_GL3.pbo for an example.

morgwin: Thanks! :]

Gedis: Thanks! Specific animations for moving with AT weapons while standing or lying would be time consuming and kind of difficult and wouldn't really add much, so I don't really feel like making them, sorry. Maybe some else might feel like making some now that the config is set up to use them. :]

Sniper_Kyle: The Resistance campaign seems to work fine for me, I don't know what could be going wrong for you, sorry. :/

SNKMAN: After making backups you should only have to overwrite the ECP files and then run OFP with the shortcut with -mod=@SLX;@ECP. You could also use a different mod folder and put the SLX ECP config in there and then put the mod folder on the end of the shortcut. The bullet impact effect is estimated due to speed and stability. If you want more accurate bullet impacts then you can try setting SLX_ShotFX=2; in the SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf in the @SLX folder. But be warned that it might cause crashes.

Julian: Thanks. :] The next release should have more accuracy, and stamina recovers a little bit faster, and I'm thinking of reducing the sprint stamina loss in a future update. I left the AI join feature to ECP but I added one to the new release too.

Gavinthecat: I made the aiming a bit more accurate and stamina loss recovers slightly faster but it should be made up for with more suppressive fire. :] There's also surrendering in the new release.

Mike31: I added a morale effect and surrendering to the next release. :]

Schulz: Setting SLX_ShotFX=2 in the settings sqf should make the shot effect more accurate when hitting vehicles too, although it might cause crashes. Thanks! :]

Quenaelin: I think if you want them to just die when getting hit you could just disable SLX Wounds entirely since it's aim is to make them die less often and not fight to the death all the time. You can disable it by commenting out the SLX_Wounds_Path line in the SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf in the @SLX folder. There's no easy way to disable the AI maneuvers though, sorry. :/

goliath86: There's a FFUR 2007 config in the new 1.09 release.

prodetar2: The 1.08 version on the first post is the latest until 1.09 is out.

thunderbird84: Thanks for using the SLX particles in FFUR! It's pretty cool and runs well, great job! :]

BigPoppa898: I was stumped by that too, until I remembered that the radio secondary weapons are nessisary for the AI's to call artillery, and the WGL rucks take up the secondary weapon slot so the radios can't be added automatically by GL3. Try removing the rucksack from one of the people in the squads and GL3 should give them a radio that they can call artillery with. :]

irakmata: Most of the config.cpps aren't designed to be made into config.bin, sorry. :/ You should be able to play with the cpp's though.

SimraN: Thanks! The missing optic model sounds like the replacement pack isn't installed, and I don't think the WGL config had anything changed except for adding GL3 and SLX Wounds. Are you sure you're using the WGL config? Also, it's the WGL 5.12 config in the SLX 1.08 release. Try installing the WGL 5.12 patch and then follow all the SLX install instructions in the SLX Replacement Pack Readme.txt in the @SLX folder. Hope that helps. :]

df2dpxs: Hmm, I'm not sure if it was in the last release, but it's working in the new 1.09 version. It should still be playable though, is it ?

Anyway, the OFP and/or ArmA releases should be ready soon, happy new year everyone! :]

I don't have much to add, but this is an amazing accomplishment. I really hope other addon makers take note of these collection of modifications made by you, Solus.

SimraN: Thanks! The missing optic model sounds like the replacement pack isn't installed, and I don't think the WGL config had anything changed except for adding GL3 and SLX Wounds. Are you sure you're using the WGL config? Also, it's the WGL 5.12 config in the SLX 1.08 release. Try installing the WGL 5.12 patch and then follow all the SLX install instructions in the SLX Replacement Pack Readme.txt in the @SLX folder. Hope that helps. :]

thank you Solus for replying smile_o.gif

But I'm still having the same problems, I downloaded and installed the new WGL 1.12, I had to disable -mod=@SLX and restart it as the SLX main screen doesn't show what version it is, but anyway, sure enough it said WGL 1.12 build down the bottom. But I still have the same "error loading data optik_ak-74(magic) and the white squares all over the map. I installed SLX and went into "Mod Configs" in the SLX folder and clicked @WGL5\bin\ and clicked the CPP file that said "config" and copy'd it went back to Flashpoint directory, went into @wgl5 folder, went into \bin\ and clicked that CPP file that said "config" and backed it up, deleted it and then Ctrl-V the SLX config into the folder. I followed all the directions in the SLX replacement pack readme, and the main menu is like clouds and such, and the gun impacts throwing up dust and grass and wounded soldiers work, but I still cannot place any soldiers carrying a ak-74, and I can still see lots and lots of white squares where bushs should be and tree tops and stuff sad_o.gif

this is what the default wgl5 config looks like as the first few lines

#define manposnoweapon 11

#define manactturnr 3

#define manactwalklf 12

#define manactwalkr 15

and this is the SLX config's first few lines I copy'd and pasted

// Default OFP SLX Config.cpp

// Version 1.08

// Updated 11/29/2006 17:14

// SLX ADD : Additions to file by SLX.

// SLX MOD : Modifications to file by SLX.

// To add Group Link 3 to another mod's config copy the event handler init from the AllVehicles class and add the SLX sections from PreloadBanks and PreloadAddons at the bottom. All other changes are optional.

// To use the new cloudlet effects in another config copy cfgCloudlets, WeaponCloudsGun, and WeaponCloudsMGun over the other config's matching sections.

// SLX ADD : Enable radio voices. Comment out to disable radio voices. Thanks to WGL for the example!

#define ENABLE_RADIO_VOICES

// SLX ADD : Enable replacement of Everon and Malden islands with grass examples. Comment out to disable grass islands.

#define SLX_ENABLE_GRASS_ISLANDS

Is this correct?

any help at all is much apprieated

smile_o.gif