Solus

SLX Replacement Pack, Mod, and Addons

this mod is awesome! I  inlove.gif it. Especialy when combining FFUR2006, this one and Tonal Redux mods. Out standing!

I wonder if there's any chance to make that stand and prone movement with rpg in hands?

I like it a lot how it is now, but you know, people want more biggrin_o.gif

Oh nevermind, amazing mod!  notworthy.gif  thumbs-up.gif  wow_o.gif

I just downloaded this mod and did the install.bat in the ofp folder, but I can't figure out the command line thing, I put this in "C:\Program Files\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -mod=@SLX

but it says " The name "C:\Program Files\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -mod=@SLX

Specified in the target box is not valid. make sure the path and the file name are correct. can someone tell me how to fix this please?

ty

Obvious question, but did you actually install to that directory?

well, I downloaded and extracted it to MyComputer\LocalDisk\ProgramFiles\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint

and then opened it and ran the windows xp install.bat, is that right?

The key part is actually getting your OFP directory correct. Is it '\Operation Flashpoint\' or '\OperationFlashpoint\' because in your last two posts you've used both. Try creating a new shortcut on your desktop, and manually navigating to your 'FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE' and then setup the -mod=@SLX extra part at the end.

mirror please? In my opinion this mod has set the standard. better than FFUR 2006 2.5. too bad, I can't get the Updated Version.

Somebody please hook me up

Semper FI

PFC Davis, DA

oh don't be so sure that it's better than ffur 2006 v2.5...

slx has own advantages and ffur has own too...

using these both, as i do, is very nice.

and TB said, that this mod will be(are) incorporated into the upcoming new version of ffur, as i understood.

FFUR + SLX =  pistols.gif  yay.gif  thumbs-up.gif  inlove.gif  wow_o.gif

Could someone please upload the latest version (1.08) on Rapidshare, Uploading.com or similar? Or if there's already a working mirror please tell me the address. Thanks!

EDIT: whoops! I just saw another guy asking the same thing two posts above biggrin_o.gif... Sorry!

Whenever I try to play Resistance with the newest version of this mod (1.08), I crash to desktop. I open the shortcut I have made (running only this mod), and a few seconds later OFP crashes with the Windows error report window. It doesn't even make it to the main menu. I used the NO_HWTL installation method.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution?

Whenever I try to play Resistance with the newest version of this mod (1.08), I crash to desktop.  I open the shortcut I have made (running only this mod), and a few seconds later OFP crashes with the Windows error report window.  It doesn't even make it to the main menu.  I used the NO_HWTL installation method.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Is there a solution?

As far as I am aware HWTL is required because a custom sky has been used in this mod.

I once turned off HWTL to try and get better performance but my current Unsung folder ran unsung custom sky, so it would always CTD and I couldnt for the life of me figure out why. Then I turned it back on just fiddling and it worked straight away.  smile_o.gif

Well i just testet this mod and i have some problems...

Well i like to play with SLX and ECP and it looks like it doesn't work..

Do i have to overwrite the original ECP files with the SFX @ECP files?

And what do exactly i have to do else?

I just need to run the @SFX like a Mod folder or do i have to copy and past some more things?

Hey solus, I downloaded the latest version, runs good, but have a question and maybe a possible change for the next possible patch.

the accuracy with shooting, I don't mind shooting at a guy but when I have to empty almost a whole clip on him (only when far away) then I feel I'm losing the playability of the mod, I think if you were to leave it accurate maybe 1-3 shots would hit a guy.

Really I think you should only be as accurate as your aim, and the shooter adjust for gravity, and windage.

2nd to last when running the heavy breathing and the swaying of the gun is too much I think leaving that regular OFP style or tweak it so that you don't sound like a 400 guy who just tried to run 10 feet.

Lastly Is it possible to add in the ecp script that enables you to have soldiers join you or did you leave that for the ecp config.

Thanks and great work!! smile_o.gif

SNKMAN, I haven't messed around with the configs but I assume that you could set it up as a mod.

This is my setup but I'm just playing SLX by itself

"E:\Games\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.ExE" -nosplash -nomap -mod=@SLX

I have 2 hard disks so my 2nd drive is "E"

anyways try OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.ExE" -nosplash -nomap -mod=@ECP -mod=@SLX

maybe, if solus comes along ask him, but My game plays fine with the thing itself.

lol noooo i like the breathing effects, accuracy changes etc Solus don't change em !

*ahem* actually most of all don't change that amazing morale type element you've devised.

That is incredible!

What i think would be a further enhancement is if the AI surrendered more frequently when it was beat, rather than fighting to the death etc. Is there something we can do to have em drop their guns (hands behind head) without needing to be 'captured' or things like that?

I sometimes set up engagements with dozens of guys, and theres of course a few prisoners, but maybe this could be enhanced?

Maybe he can make a seperate config like TB from FFUR did for different stuff, Thats great that you like the inaccuracy gavin but I get tired trying to hit a guy far away and my sights no matter how well I line them aren't worth a sh_t.

Keep the breathing if you will but at least make it more accurate.

Well i think a seperate config for every Addon would be GREATE!

After 2 hours i finally found out how to only add the SLX Grass in ECP...

Well so the config for every single Addon would be good.

B.t.w.: I think there are many other bugs... I think i found one with the dust effect.

If you shoot 10 meters or 20 meters the effect is correct. But if you shoot right infront of your feeds the dust apperes 2 - 3 meters infront of the place where you have shoot?

Someone else noticed that too?

Sorry to ask this question, but there is a moral effect? If so explain what efect it does for the AI. I always have to kill off every person in a area. the only people that surrender are the people that get injured and then get healed by the enemy.

Yup same to me. You just have to shoot them in the legs biggrin_o.gif

Well anyway inlove.gif the new Surrender!

Quote[/b] ]B.t.w.: I think there are many other bugs... I think i found one with the dust effect.

If you shoot 10 meters or 20 meters the effect is correct. But if you shoot right infront of your feeds the dust apperes 2 - 3 meters infront of the place where you have shoot?

Someone else noticed that too?

yeah me too,

i've got the same problem, but i dont mind actually.. biggrin_o.gif

but sometimes is happens that i shot on vehicle and the shots go thru and the dust is behind the veh.

anyways, it's still a great mod yay.gif

btw....HAPPY NEW YEAR welcome.gifwink_o.gif

This is great mod, but separate config for each addon would be great, I have spent too many hours figuring how to disable SLX enemy AI behaviour and enable original OFP AI and aim precision. I am practising DM Ruins multiplayer map with this mod, but SLX AI is a so stupid, enemy can't hit anything and they are running right towards me, making them too easy targets and then after awhile they start to give first aid to each other and don't bother shooting anybody anymore.

I have allready figured out how to disable aimprecision and engage ranges, but these are still puzzle to me:

How to disable capturing and surrending?

How to disable first aid?

How to make AI shoot each other until death?

Generally I like to disable all AI behaviour included in this mod and use only new combat moves, graphic effects and grass, can somebody help me with this? How you can enable only grass?

Hi guys! Anyone can tell if SLX can run with the new ffur 2007? I've tried but without success...if anyone can help me please..... help.gif

I guess that depends on what you consider the best parts. FFUR seems to mainly use the fire/smokes effects but not the GL3 AI, bullet effects, wound system, suppression effect, dragging soldiers etc...

Perhaps Solus will return with these great features... whistle.gif  biggrin_o.gif

i've made a customized SLX ffur 2006 2.5 config that includes ffur 2007 new russian and american soldiers, ffur 2007 new cursor and corrected ural wreck and ch47 helicopter,and it works flawlessly . sorry but i cant live without SLX effects tounge2.gif