Solus

SLX Replacement Pack, Mod, and Addons

Thanks everyone!

froggyluv: The Tonal Redux units mostly use JAM ammo I think. That run line is exactly the way to run Tonal Redux with the replacement pack. The next update will have the supersonic JAM3 ammo types and any others used in Tonal Redux classed in a mod config based on the default SLX config.cpp so they will all use the supersonic bullet sound.

Q: Maybe the @SLX\bin\resource.cpp was making those errors happen, removing it might make it work with -mod @WGL5;@SLX.

Kroky: Thanks! For your questions:

1. A new WGL 5.12 config will be in the next update with SLX vehicles and bullet sounds.

2. The AI join seems like a very large feature to implement. I will consider adding it in a future update.

3. It would take longer to tell you how to do it than to just do it myself. :] All I can suggest right now is playing with ECP and using the AI join feature there.

4. That is due to the way OFP handles the combat mode command, it sets the whole group. They are getting set to different combat modes to make them react different and move to the wounded person faster. I will see about changes to it in a future update.

Thanks for the hints for other sky packs and helping out others!

Freshman: Thanks for trying it out and for the report! I noticed the excessive windage of bullets last night and fixed it. Just waiting for the next update to have enough content for a release today. You forgot to mention how you think the fire should look so I can't help you there, sorry.

gunterlund: That should work fine.

Shashman: I'll see about making withdrawing AI's less likely to keep shooting in a future update.

343rdBadger: Maybe someday. :]

Edit:

Mike31: It's in the readme, backup and then overwrite the FFUR config then make sure you run with -mod @SLX;FFUR2006. FFUR2006 must come after @SLX or you will get errors. Thanks for trying it out!

[ZG]BUZZARD: I was reading through all the posts and reread your questions, sorry I forgot to answer them before. You can disable the wind effects, tracers, and wounds in the SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf.

jackass888: Thanks! Try reading all of my previous posts to find out how to disable the grass islands, maybe that will stop the crashes. I'm not sure what you mean about swimming, the only thing that I've made that swims is the dragging wounded ability to give very basic combat water survival abilities. To make GL3 use CoC artillery just place a manned ammo truck and it should create a platoon of CoC artillery near it at the start of the mission. The obelisk is created automatically as well. The AI GL3 infantry and vehicles will call the artillery automatically just about whenever they get into contact with the enemy. If you hear them shouting then the RTO is probably calling for artillery too. To get GL3 running on addon units put "{_x exec {\SLX_GL3\SLX_Init_GL3.sqs}} ForEach thislist" in the trigger's "on activation" line and that should do it. Don't worry about units that already use GL3 in the trigger, GL3 automatically checks to make sure it's not run twice on them. Read more in the GL3 readme in the @SLX\readmes folder.

Kyle_K_ski: The current config for 5.1 and Q's 5.12 config only has the effects features and supersonic bullet crack sounds. I will add hand to hand, bayonets, and the ninja slide to WGL in the next update. The bayonets and ninja slide will have to be manually activated though. You will have to comment out the ninja slide animation section and give units bayonet weapons and magazines. Or maybe I will make the default WGL riflemen have bayonets, but that might be tricky.

punishment: To make a flamethrower: Just make a weapon that shoots a whole lot of bullets in the trajectory you want the flame to take, then add the weapon, magazine, or ammo type to the SLX_GreenTracers or SLX_RedTracers arrays in SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf and it should set things on fire using the regular GL3 tracer effect. You will probably also want to make a fired event handler for the flame though, and possibly you could setdammage the bullets your weapon fires to like 0.9 and then exec the SLX_Dmg_Fire.sqs on them and they might be set on fire while they fly but it might not be fast enough.

ironbluedawn: Do you mean the fire script or the fire textures? To use the fire textures only just delete all files in @SLX\NewData\ except for "cl_fire.p3d" and "cl_fired.p3d" and then run the installer.bat and you sould have only the fire. To get all the other stuff back if you want it just re extract the original content from the first release and the CraterOnVehicle model in the patch and run the installer. Basically you can just delete any files you don't want in the NewData folder and run the installer. For the fire script just use "this exec {\SLX_GL3\SLX_Dmg_Fuel.sqs}" and make sure the unit is at least 10% damaged.

nubbin77: Too late, I just fixed it. :] There's grenades in the light config now.

USSRsniper: Hmm, try using one of the other configs, try either light or full, cpp or bin, maybe one of them will work.

Sorry if this has been asked but there is no readme on it so far. What do i do with the FFUR config in the SLX mod. Do I overwrite it over the regular ffur config, then in the shortcut put -nomap -nosplash -mod=ffur2006;@SLX?

How do I "endmission" it?

Hit "shift" and num. "-" together, then type out endmission.

does it have to be the numpad - cos im on a laptop and dont have a numpad lol

there are some problems with the ecp config. Everon and malden maps dont work... crash to desktop and eden.wrp missing. Also swimming doesnt work.

Id also like to know when the ai calls artillery support and do i need to place the obelisk and arillery? And how do i activate SLX on addonns... for ECP it is "thislist call (ECP_resources select 30)" but for slx?

Great job Solus notworthy.gif I have never seen such a dedicated modder

Can anyone tell me if the updated SLX config for the WGL update now enables the "ninja" slide-to-prone position, the use of bayonets and hand-to-hand combat? I'd like to find out firsthand, but my dialup connection keeps cutting out during the night when I'm trying to download the WGL update. sad_o.gif

What's strange to me is that my download speed from WGL's site tops out at about 2.4 kb/s, when I'm capable of receiving data at twice that speed. If I could even get a slightly faster download, I'm sure that I could get the WGL update during the night, when I'm getting my beauty rest.

Not that I need the beauty rest, mind you. wink_o.gif

Just curious!

Kyle

Nov. 19, 2006

@Kyle_K_ski

in any case use freedownloadmanager!

WGL 5.1 is also hosted by ofp.info i think

maybe try them instead

@ Kyle_K_ski

Yep, I'm using WGL and are using all of those. Check Solus thread on page 19 to see how to implement 'Ninja'.

All this stuff is awesome. Great job.

But question: is there anyway to extract just the fire and use it by itself? There's a lot of stuff I like here and a lot I don't care for, but I'd really like to be able to use the fire in other mods like Invasion 1944, FDF, etc.

Solus, that grenade bug I mentioned earlier was only with the Bin file not the CPP. No big deal. Don't do anything on my account.

More i play with this mod more i lvoe it inlove.gif

But i have question, FFUR2006 does not work with this mod, i can get as far as editor but preview does not start or single player mission. game crashes...

I'm really perplexed by this.

My schedule has been so busy these past months, that I had uninstalled OFP entirely from my system, but earlier today I reinstalled it. I then installed SFX and its update according to the directions in the Read Me.

But for some reason, whenever I use the shortcut to start up the mod, only the vanilla OFP loads. I can't lean, there aren't any new buildings in any of the single player missions, enemy AI aren't calling out to each other, nobody's getting wounded and dragged away... This is quite frustrating.

To see if there's a workaround, or some kind of weird glitch, I installed the ECP mod, and it works great. I even scrutinized the properties of its startup icon, just to make sure that I didn't do a poor job of following SFX's Read Me, and everything looks like it's in order.

I'm wondering if my problem has anything to do with where I installed OFP. Instead of the default install location, I specified a different location, but since I extracted the @SFX directory inside the OFP one, and then ran its bat, I can't imagine why it wouldn't "know" where to find the files it needs to run the mod properly.

The only other thing that I did before I tried playing SFX for the first time was alter the upgrade's cfg so that it uses the moves from the Ninja mod.

Ah, I better mention this in case it's important, I used the "regular" Win. XP install bat, and not the "NO_HWTL..." one, since I don't even know what "HWTL" means.

I'm probably missing something really simple. Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Yours,

Kyle

Nov. 19, 2006

Mike31, jackass888, punishment, ironbluedawn: Please read my previous post edits.

nubbin77: Light FFUR config grenades are working well now.

USSRsniper: Maybe the next update will work for you, it'll be done soon.

Kyle_K_ski: The next update will have everything in the WGL 5.12 config, but the ninja anim has to be uncommented and bayonets have to be added to units. I'm not sure why it's not working for you, but since ECP seems to work you might be able to use SLX with it. Backup your ECP config and copy the config.cpp from @SLX\mod configs\@ECP\bin\ to your @ECP\bin\ folder then try editing the ECP shortcut to have "-mod @SLX;@ECP" and see if that works. Also it's "SLX" with L as in Lima, not "SFX" with F as in Foxtrot. Try with @SLX instead and see if that helps. Hope you can get it working. :]

Edit:

twisted: Thanks! The next update will address some of your issues.

1. I'll update the readme and include an example mission in the next update to make sure everything works for using GL3 in a mission.

2. Will also be addressed in the updated readme.

3. Try turning on the SLX_Debug option in the SLX_GL3_Setting.sqf and it will show a whole bunch of debug messages if it's working. There should be messages for each unit that gets GL3 exec'd on them at startup.

4. When the AI's are suppressed they are set to combat mode "red, engage at will" and behaviour "stealth" which I think makes AI squad leaders tell the group to take cover. I think how well they take cover is up to how many extra CPU cycles there are for AI's to think, and sometimes they just can't find good cover. In general though they seem to react to being shot at a little better than the default AI. They definitely keep their heads down when getting shot at at least. They also set the formation direction to face the enemy which might make that the direction they try to take cover from, and the squad leader watches where they were getting suppressed from so they will try to return fire after taking cover.

great work.

the element that interest me most is gl3 - adding a level of immersion to OFP.

1. i get an error message when trying to copy and paste the _this command from the GL3 read me onto a squad leader. something about global variable on local level. this error goes away when i remover the _ character from in front of the word "this".

2. i get an error message when trying the large trigger. something about an array expected.

3. how do i know if group link 3 is working? the above errors make me think it isn't workin gfor me.

4. When the AI is suppressed does it take cover or keep its head down?

And finally i am so happy to see wgl being made compatible with slx (and vice versa of course).

FFUR 2006 2.5 too.

helps make the wait for ARMA less painful.

smile_o.gif

pistols.gif

Solus glad to hear you updating the wgl config. there is something going on in the current version that locks my system up due to a sound issue. doesnt drop to desktop, just locks up after a while of battle. Didnt happen before with previous versions of config

Quote[/b] ]Freshman: Thanks for trying it out and for the report! I noticed the excessive windage of bullets last night and fixed it. Just waiting for the next update to have enough content for a release today. You forgot to mention how you think the fire should look so I can't help you there, sorry.

Your Fire looks great! Its the WGL fire that looks weird but i gonna try to fix it myself. I will just put the SLX dta.pbo into the WGL folder and look what happens *puts on helmet*

Edit: Works fine and solves the "problem".

I did not want to say that WGL fire looks bad; it looks very good but the WGL+SLX config makes it look weird. Anyway... the SLX fire is even better.

This is an excellent mod and I am very VERY VERY glad you're putting so much discipline into researching what you're doing. With wgl 5.12, this mod looks like cnn. It's awesome.

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing very loud / very err.. far reaching bullet crack noises? I tried looking through the thread and I found some sort of vague references to a sound problem in general but nothing that fit this description since the new version came out.

I think the bulletcrack has the right volume.

But somehow the bullets dont just crack when they pass your position. They crack every few seconds so that you can even hear them when they weren't even flying into your direction.

I hear strange noises from quite far away when troops are firing near me. I hear the bullets flying, seldomly hear any crack sounds, but I hear very strange, audio artifact sounding wizz sounds. I assumed this was the doppler affect applied to the pop sounds, but I can hear them from quite far away. In a fire fight (not even a close in one) all I hear are eeewwooo ewwwooo ewwooo sounds. It sounds how I might imagine a bullet passing through water might sound.

Yeah I reported that bug a while ago. It has something to do with the munition classname being assigned to the array of munitions which should ricochet or something along those lines

Hey All,

Is anyone else having a problem with the sound and/or mod configs? If run OFP using -mod SLX -mod FFUR, I get no sound. If I flip the order, it works fine but I get no FFUR units. Also, when I overwrite the FFUR BIN or CPP files, I lose all my sound, even in vanilla FFUR.

THanks,

Biggie

nice work, very good working on the knife and Car doors smile_o.gifyay.gif,

But why the config CPP, I want the config bin huh.gifsad_o.gif .