Solus

SLX Replacement Pack, Mod, and Addons

Few Probs...

1. The grenades are too strong, I just sent an APC flying with one (oddly enough, the APC didn't explode).

2. What do I do with the NewData file?

3. What do I do with the SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf?

4. Where are my tracers?

5. Is the original SLX release a requirement for the update?

I've found only two bugs so far playing SLX+OFP

1. Smoke out of smoke grenade causes damage. When you lie in the smoke you get damaged and when you crawl somewhere else you keep getting damaged by the smoke.

but when not damaged you don't get damage from the smoke at the outside

2. I get this error so now and then:

errorinslxzi6.jpg

and I tried playing SLX+FFUR but couldn't bin the cpp so tried it with cpp. But after playing a little while I get graphic bugs that screw up my entire screen. Stretched particles and such

I hope this is something because I just screwed things up tounge2.gif

The main issue are the framerates. (I think it has to do with the non-binarized config, Solus. I played the same mission with OFP vanilla about 30 fps, with FFUR 22 fps, with SLX/FFUR 8-10 fps.)

SLX/FFUR sometimes really slow down the frames to 5-8 fps.

Also SLX replaces somehow the NVG's and now I have always the glare effect on. Usually you can disable it by DXDLL in game by pressing Ctrl+H and then using the keys. Now I cant disable it.

@Solus

Please make Island and sky replacement optional. As many people have their own island replacement and sky mod. I i.e. use Berghoff's nature packs for the AEC Islands and !myhisky based on llaumax for sky.

The gameplay improvement are great by the sky and Island changes cause lag in my opinion.

Solus,

This is truely a ground breaking MOD (for me anyway). Thanks for putting in the time and sharing such a great piece of work with the community.

I haven't had any of the reported problems yet, but I'm happy playing it with Bog standard OFP:R vanilla. I also used the updated link to install, so I shall test some more and report any bugs here. Just did an AI versus AI skirmish and it was fantastic. Sat back and watched as a civillian. West Mech Inf vs East Mech Inf. Gave the West CAS by just placing a AH1 at the airport on everon. Sat back and watched...Jaw dropping. After the initial shots were fired (a few Pinging past my ear accompanied by the Supersonic cracks! ) I could make out shouts from the radio man (i'm guessing as I wasn't close enough to hear him, but could see him perform an animation) then the fireing continued. The BMP and M113 advanced on each other with their back doors open as troops manouvered, then all of a sudden from behind me I could here the 'Wup-wup-wup' of the AH1 and a tow being fired. Bang the BMP took the full hit and splatering two East soldiers into bits and setting a third on fire, you could hear the screams...I started to feel sorry for the troops who were suffering so I could watch this superb MOD in action, so I decided to run round and heal anyone who was injured. It was great as there were troops being dragged from one place to another by their own troops. Need less to say the West won (this time)with the help of CAS. After the little skirmish the West troops went round healing the 3 surviving East troops and took then as captives. It was interesting watching the West troops as there seemed to always be a guard for each captive!

I'm discovering more about this Amazing mod. The bullet holes don't seem to show up , but I need to mess around and see whether this changes when I change my settings; I have everything on low so that the AI can hae full access to my CPU, I'll continue testing and then Start using it in some other mods like WGL...maybe even make it look pretty by using FFUR 2006...this abosolutely ROCKS SOLUS  notworthy.gif

biggrin_o.gif Thanks again!  thumbs-up.gif

I just read the reason of the smoke injuring me rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]Smoke is hazardous to breathe in for too long, and being in a confined space with smoke can be deadly.

So this is fine by me, allthough I don't know for sure if the AI knows this as I've seen many of them getting wounded.

ok Solus I think I found out what slows the fps so much

It is the all effects config from FFUR!

I expierience dramatic slowdowns of fps when using the all effects config instead of the default light effects config. And this even when NOTHING is going on! So it doesn't have to do with the additional effects of FFUR or SLX. It's the all effects config made by thunderbird84 that somehow slows down the fps.

What config did you use when implementing SLX to FFUR?

All effects or light?

Please use light effects config as the all effects config seems to have some bugs.

it seems that the full effects config was used with ffur... the light one is @SLX\Mod Configs\FFUR2006\bin\SLX Light effects config

Pardon my ignorance but what is ofp vanilla ?

OFP out of the box. with no unofficial mods or addons.

Pardon my ignorance but what is ofp vanilla ?

Vanilla is plain old OFP -unmodded.

Just tried SLX with CTI (sp) and it worked without a single glitch (occasional error mssge. didn't effect gameplay).

Also great with the excellent Jungle Fever mod although some features were lost ie. Hand to Hand and Vietnam looked kinda funky with 'toothepaste' colored sky but I like the dramatic clouds.

All in all this mod is groundbreaking! LOve the sounds, animas, bullet clouds, powerslide from sprint, group banter etc...

Think I'm gonna have to try either with Vanilla OFP or just turn my settings way down with FFUR cos the framerate makes anything but the simplest mission pretty hard to play...Shame really but understandable

Think I'm gonna have to try either with Vanilla OFP or just turn my settings way down with FFUR cos the framerate makes anything but the simplest mission pretty hard to play...Shame really but understandable

What resolution are you running at?

this has nothing to do with resolution

Its simply because of the FFUR config that Solus has taken to implement SLX.

@Shashman

Try to play the same mission with all effects config in FFUR (without SLX)

and then try to play the same mission with light effects config in FFUR (without SLX) and you will see the difference.

Then Play the SLX/FFUR config with the same mission and with the FFUR all effects config and you will see no difference in fps.

So the problem is not SLX, it's the FFUR all effects config as I wrote some posts above.

Ok well I dont know cant help you there unless you have the dxdiag specs of ure comp ?

Thanks for all the replies everyone!

I forgot to mention last time that you need to run the install.bat again after you put the update stuff in the @SLX folder. I changed the name of the CraterOnVehicle model so that if it doesn't install right it'll just have a model error instead of the huge craters on everything.

About using other sky packs: Please read the replacement pack readme in the @SLX folder, it has some more info on using it with other sky packs. Basically just copy their stuff into the NewData folder and run the installer and it should work.

Porting to other mods: I also forgot to mention that you need to add the PreLoadAddons and PreLoadBanks SLX sections so you don't get an error when it loads stuff. I'll add this to the original post and readme.

subroc: Yes, GL3 can be used as a stand alone script in a mission! Please read the readme in the @SLX\readmes folder for more information.

Berliner19: Try using the update installers.

jackass888: Thanks!

Kin Hil:

1. Sounds like a bug that I heard of from ECP, maybe it's the ECP grenades ?

2. The NewData folder holds all the replacement files, it is used by the installers. It should be in the @SLX mod folder when you extract it.

3. The SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf is for setting up options of GL3 and SLX Wounds. It should be in the @SLX mod folder.

4. Tracers are on the default machine guns.

5. Yes, the update is just some updated files that are to replace the old ones.

paragraphic l:

1. Yeah, that's intended. The only workaround for AI's I can think of is to just make them throw it farther in a future update.

2. That's from the garrison script when all units are dead, it's been plaguing me for a long time. It's the only common error message that GL3 has I think. There are other error messages sometimes but those are from CoC artillery. I'm not sure if it's a problem with how GL3 uses them or with their own scripts.

Kroky: I'm going to look into the slowdowns in a future update. For now if you're using FFUR use the light config in the mod configs folder, like jackass888 said. The NVG optics have two layers that you look through, the binocular scratches layer and the noise layer, maybe it has something to do with that. Read the readme to see about changing the skies. You can change the islands back by opening the config.cpp and finding the line "SLX MOD : Grass island example."

and uncomment the old island then comment out the grass one. Then do the same for the other island.

low light: Thanks! That's a great writeup of what GL3 and everything is like to experience! The bullet holes are very hard to see, try shooting someone and looking at the air at the height you shot them at, that's why they're so hard to see. I'm going to try getting WGL working today, but I might just do the CSLA mod first since I have to investigate some crashes with WGL when dropping ruck magazines.

william1: You could try removing the enum sections then putting quotes around anything that cpp2bin gives an error on and it might work.

froggyluv: Thanks! The error messages might be from the CoC arty that is spawned near ammo trucks. Not sure if it's a problem with GL3 or not. For vietnam mod/missions SLX Melee has a machete, so you could try playing around with that. For vietnam skies, just use the same technique as using other sky packs.

sweofp: GL3 is enabled by default for everything in the @SLX mod config and the other mod configs. Read the readme and the above for adding it to other mods.

I deleted my old version of SLX and installed the newer version so what do I need to make it run fine with FFUR ?

The FFUR config's in the updated release ARE NOT converting to .bin using the converter(v1.2 ccp2bin.exe)...it gives an error "Error on property enum" and won't convert.I tested the original FFUR config and it converted fine so I don't think its the bin programe.What now? smile_o.gif do we need a diffferent bin converter or can you make a bin file of the ffur configs for us? smile_o.gif

Universal: The update is only for overwriting some of the old files, it is not stand alone. Please reextract the original release then extract the update content on top of it, then use the installer. To run with FFUR backup the FFUR config.bin, then copy the @SLX\mod configs\ffur2006\bin\SLX light effects config\config.cpp to the FFUR2006\bin folder and then run OFP with -mod @SLX;FFUR.

343rdBadger: The SLX FFUR config.cpp's are not designed to be converted to bin. You can run them just as .cpp or follow the advice I gave to william1 above. Try removing the enum sections then putting quotes around anything that cpp2bin gives an error on and it might work.