Solus

SLX Replacement Pack, Mod, and Addons

I also got Supershooters Problem. It happens if you run OFP without HW T&L.

Seems like SLX doesn't work without HW T&L.

Woah, this looks like one hell of a mod....Seems to be more features that I can take in at one go! Downloading now! thumbs-up.gif

The amount of features sound incredibly nice, unfortunately I can't try it atm, but I'm looking forward to a cooperation in order to make the incoming FFUR 2006 2.9.9 patch SLX compatible, by including the new smoke'n fire Fx textures to the incoming patch as well, of course, only if Solus would grant permission to use some parts of his nice mod.

smile_o.gif

regards,

Thunderbird

That would be a w e s o m e ! Lets hope Solus is pro the idea : )

I also got Supershooters Problem. It happens if you run OFP without HW T&L.

Seems like SLX doesn't work without HW T&L.

I cant have HW T&L..... icon_rolleyes.gif

Looks like I'll have to make do without this mod.

Just move the data.pbo and data3d.pbo from dta\hwtl to dta\ and it'll probably work.

...or take the originals from res\dta and put the new stuff in them from the newdata folder of SLX. Models (p3d) into data3d and textures (pac & paa) into data.

Thanks for all the replies everyone !

supershooter, dnalor: Sorry I didn't mention that, it only converts the files in the HW T&L folder. After you have run the install.bat you should have two new .pbo's in your @SLX\dta\HWTL\ folder, try cutting and pasting them to your @SLX\dta\ folder and try running the OFP with the mod again to see if that works. edit: Metal Heart got there before me, but yeah you can install them manually if it doesn't work the first way.

Already tried that, Solus. In that Case all Infantry doesn't have Textures.

data.pbo and data3d.pbo are in the right place and its fixed the problems, now soldiers have zero textures, they appear white.

Solus are you going to allow Thunderbird84 acess to your code for the upcoming FFUR patch ?

this day is getting better and better now to anticipate patiently the DKM with FFUR air patch to fix the bugs for the DKM AIR notworthy.gif

This has been discussed privately, just wait'n see.

wink_o.gif

this is going to be goood pistols.gif

Will you still release the FFUR compatibility thing in the next few hours or thunderbird and you are going to release a special edition of FFUR with SLX pack ?

Can't wait to play SLX+FFUR tounge2.gif

Just wondering (don't know if its been brought up) but is this Mod compatible with the new CSLA 2 Update mod that was released ?

If so, how would I be able to integrate it

jajajajajajaj rofl.gif

i've had another ctd while playing sp mission bomberman and is not for the savegame feature , i find the mod a little unstable sad_o.gif

lol nice pic

My mate seems to have problems with the mod when a person gets shot he gets a texture error like a crator or somthing on them.

Im fine though any solutions?

Also in MP i cannot bash people with spades!

dnalor, supershooter: Looks like you'll have to do it manually for the moment, I'll include a non HWTL install.bat in the next update soon. To manually do it try using PboX to unpack the original data.pbo and data3d.pbo, then copy all the stuff from the @SLX\NewData folder into each unpbo'd folder, then pbo the folders back up and put them in the @SLX\dta\ folder. Make sure you back up your original pbo's in case they get overwritten.

Zeinger: Almost done, adding bullet sounds and the grass islands.

Chapman2424: I've got CSLA downloaded and I'll have the config in another update. I'm going to release the FFUR config, SLX config with no ninja requirement, and no HWTL installers in the first update.

KyleSarnik: Heh, that gives me a good idea, maybe I can get the binoculars to be the first item after the item slot melee is done slashing so you'll have binoculars in hand again. The script already gets the item slot to the be first so that it shows up, so you're not whacking people with your binoculars. tounge2.gif All that has to be done is to reverse it.

william1: I'll look into it.

punishment: Either he didn't run install.bat or it's the possibly the HWTL error, in that case you can try the manual install from above.

Edit: FFUR config is done and seems to be working well. Both settings configs are set up but theres a bug that crashes the game when an armor unit is in the mission. It's going to take a while to figure out how to fix it.

I really don't know what you did with the AI because... Its the best i have ever seen!

They are smarter than i could even imagine they could be. They hide into buildings and stuff like this...

And all this stuff like bulletholes and projectile winddrift is just incredible. The effects are really nice, too. The best i have ever seen.

Solus do you think some of these features can be combined with WGL? I think these mods would fit perfectly together.

Great work.

Am I the only one getting random crashes to the desktop with this mod? I often get a;

"AppName: flashpointresistance.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.96 ModName: flashpointresistance.exe

ModVer: 1.0.0.96 Offset: 001db231"

!!The game does not crash with FFUR!!

Secondly, am I the only one who gets a weird error when commanding the AI? When I give the Ai orders, they seem to make their own, often crazy orders that has nothing to do with the sorrunding situation. Example; me: "all, go to house 9 o' clock"..then they will go in that direction for 10 seconds, and suddently say "all, dissengage" followed by a "all, go to tree 4 o'clock" and so on. This is just an example, but its pretty much how it goes when I command. I have not had this error with any other mod. Ever.

Hope someone knows whats going on.

Otherwise, its one impressive mod regarding all the cool scripts, wow! And the smoke/fire/wind effect/dragging soldiers.... notworthy.gif

KyleSarnik: Heh, that gives me a good idea, maybe I can get the binoculars to be the first item after the item slot melee is done slashing so you'll have binoculars in hand again. The script already gets the item slot to the be first so that it shows up, so you're not whacking people with your binoculars. tounge2.gif All that has to be done is to reverse it.

Shouldn't be hard, I guess I hadn't realized you did it on purpose. Way to make good use of an engine bug. wink_o.gif  I can still remember all the NVGs I've put up to my eyes when expecting to see binoculars, when will everyone else learn...  whistle.gif But seeing my guy shove a bayonet in his eye tops them all. wink_o.gif

Ok, nice sky effects, the fire is awesome and the bullet impacts throwing up dirt is very cool. But:

* Like was mentioned earlier I see vertical craters on things like buildings, bridges, sigh posts... almsot anything.

* Some sort of error where I shoot someone, the game freezes and crashes.

Also couldnt get the trees or grass to set on fire no matter how much I shot at it...

Nice try with some great ideas, but needs more work. smile_o.gif

Yeah now you mention that, I've not seen anything catching fire, and I haven't seen bullet holes in objects, like we can see in the promotional screens  confused_o.gif

I stood there emptying mag after mag of rounds into the HMMWV, UAZ and Ural (both SLX and BIS version), and not only did they not show bullet impacts, but they didn't catch fire, they didn't even show ANY sign of damage, not even the default broken glass huh.gif