Solus

SLX Replacement Pack, Mod, and Addons

Congratulations man on making such a nice pack but I got a question can I use this with johns fire and smoke effects pack ?

Hi Solus,

Very nice pack you have here! I love how troops actually open hatches to get into apc's. The healing and wounding system is great too, adds a lot to the immersion. I was just playing War Cry and the battlefield was soon filled with the screams and moans of critically injured soldiers. Nasty, but cool!

I do have a couple of gripes, though. I'll make a nice list for better legibility.

1. I downloaded from the second mirror and I'm missing the optics for the Ak74.

2. Shooting at buildings creates huge, vertical craters (which look very, VERY odd).

3. The ricochet looks a bit too solid, almost like a laser.

4. Saving CTD's OFP sad_o.gif

Those are all the issues I have come across yet - my testing run ended prematurely when #4 occured wink_o.gif

Other than that, great stuff! Finally someone who concentrates on gameplay elements, rather than adding another 10k polygons to the M4 model...

ugh it wont seem to work in conjuction with ffur so im sorry man i gotta uninstall ure mod sad_o.gif

Hi Xawery, thanks for your reply! It sounds like you forgot to run the install.bat in the @SLX mod folder, it installs all of the replacement stuff which includes the AK74 optics and the new smaller CraterOnVehicle model so that's why that stuff was happening. As for the ricochet, are you using rifle tracers mode ? There will be an option to disable ricochets or visible ricochets in an update so these problems will go away. That crash sounds bad, can you give some more information about it ? What mission, where did you try to save at ? Maybe it has something to do with missing the replacement stuff, so you could try again after installing it and see if the crash reoccurs.

Universal: Thanks for your reply, but could you tell me which part didn't work ? I'll take another look at John's stuff and see how it installs, it might work.

whoops sorry solus I just checked in the game and it appears that it works fine with johns smoke and fire effects. However it doesnt work with FFUR 2006 as it just somehow replaces the music/intro graphics (main menu graphics) game editor graphics back to vanilla looking (cant acess FFUR units with SLX but I can still hear the FFUR sounds) etc....

Universal, try switching around the -mod stuff. It sounds like @SLX is overriding the FFUR config and resource cpp's and you're getting only the @SLX stuff. To fix it just switch the things around: if it's -mod FFUR;@SLX try -mod @SLX;FFUR or the other way around, and it should work then. The next update will have an FFUR config with all effects.

Thanks Solus, I think it was a sudden n00bness-seisure on my part... :/

Thanks Solus FFUR works fine now :P I just wish you would put it in your readme that issue that needs to be adressed to FFUR users.

About to try this now, looks and sounds amazing fella, well done!

One question, can this be used with WGL 5.1? Or would there be conflicts?

Nick

Universal, try switching around the -mod stuff. It sounds like @SLX is overriding the FFUR config and resource cpp's and you're getting only the @SLX stuff. To fix it just switch the things around: if it's -mod FFUR;@SLX try -mod @SLX;FFUR or the other way around, and it should work then. The next update will have an FFUR config with all effects.

SLX version with FFUR config?

Now this is good news!!

Tis indeed though I dont understand what for you need to release (please release it though) if all you need to switch around is the mod parameters ?

Smiley_Nick: Thanks! The replacement stuff should work fine with absolutely any mod, and GL3 and SLX Wounds should work with almost any mod, including WGL. I've got WGL installed right now so I'll add the effects and take a look before heading off to bed. The WGL config will be included in the next update as well, although none of the effects have been developed or tested in MP so it's only good for SP for now. A future update might have at least limited MP compatibility.

Universal: The included config has a lot of extra stuff added that the FFUR config overwrites. You should try out the default @SLX config a little to check out all the effects. There is more info on the first post about adding the effects to another mod's config if you want to try doing it yourself before the next update.

okay thought so. Anyway please do work on the SLX FFUR package and keep up the good work.

Smiley_Nick: Thanks! The replacement stuff should work fine with absolutely any mod, and GL3 and SLX Wounds should work with almost any mod, including WGL. I've got WGL installed right now so I'll add the effects and take a look before heading off to bed. The WGL config will be included in the next update as well, although none of the effects have been developed or tested in MP so it's only good for SP for now. A future update might have at least limited MP compatibility.

Universal: The included config has a lot of extra stuff added that the FFUR config overwrites. You should try out the default @SLX config a little to check out all the effects. There is more info on the first post about adding the effects to another mod's config if you want to try doing it yourself before the next update.

Thanks Solus

I know i will be MP testing this with some friends, so i will give you a sit rep of any thing to report. I really wasnt expecting this, its bloody amazing biggrin_o.gif

Nick

@Solus

I tried to implement the GL3 init line into the FFUR config but with no success.

Can I send you my config, so you could tell me where exactly to add this line?

How can I can send my config to you?

D@nte: Thanks!

Smiley_Nick: Thanks, it'll be interesting to hear if any of the GL3, wounds, or melee scripts work. biggrin_o.gif Those ones I think will have the most trouble, but most of the other stuff besides that should work in MP, although the vehicle get in animation scripts might not work all the way due to locality issues or something. It would be really cool if the swords and other melee stuff in SLX Melee work, so you could check that out too. "removeAllWeapons this; this addMagazine {SLX_Sword_Anim}; this addWeapon {SLX_Sword_Anim}" theres also some melee units in the editor which will either work better or worse than a regular GL3 init'd unit since their event handlers haven't been messed with in a while. tounge2.gif

Kroky: My FFUR download is almost done and I will add the effects tomorrow, so you could wait until then or keep trying on your own. Just search for "EventHandler" and wherever you see an "init="_this exec {\FFUR\stuff.sqs}";" or whatever add ";_this exec {\SLX_GL3\SLX_Init_GL3.sqs};" on the end so it looks like this: "init="_this exec {\FFUR\stuff.sqs}";_this exec {\SLX_GL3\SLX_Init_GL3.sqs};"

Great work Solus!

Downloading as we speak. Nice to see someone picking up and improving the Group Link script after Toadlife and myself (Toadlife is the original author to Group Link, I just continued on his initial work).

BTW, its KeyCat with a "C" tounge2.gif

/KC

wow this look really exciting, im gonna download now thumbs-up.gif

Ah thanks for the new link Solus, could I suggest making it bold? smile_o.gif

KeyCat: Ah, sorry about your name !! I'll correct it immediately. And yes, I'll make sure to list Toadlife there with you, he's in the other credits in the readme as well, and I'll update my post tomorrow with all credits for everything.

R0adki11: Thanks !

XCess, punishment: I'll remove the old one now so there's only the one working one up there.

Just tried it out, and I can say for sure, this is absolutely amazing work Solus. Can't all be good news though, I've got some bugs to report nener.gif

1- There can sometime be some pretty severe jerkniess. I think this is after being critically wounded and then healed,

2- The drag vehicle goes way to fast as the player, suggest limiting max speed.

3- The drag vehicle also makes a weird sound.

4- There's an option to drag and heal yourself when critically wounded.

5- The ammo count is fubar, there is only a single number which displays below the weapon name.

6- The AI massively over use pistols, they really shouldn't be allowed those things :P

7- My officer keeps constantly telling us to disengage.

8- White tracers on shovel weapon, not sure about other melee weapons.

9- Overall too many new actions, not sure how you could limit it though. This is jsut a minor complaint, so ignore if you wish smile_o.gif

Keep in mind I'm trying to help you in making the mod better, not trying to put you down. What I have seen so far is absolutely amazing, just need to iron out a few things and this mod wil be even better than ECP huh.gif