Solus

SLX Replacement Pack, Mod, and Addons

dxdshot1207499381up3.jpg

This is a cropped fragment from my SLX GUI. It only shows how many grenades or ammo clips I got left. Actually GUI doesn`t show number of ammo left in magazine. So I`m asking - is this a realism feature of result of a bug ?

Wow, I didnt know that. Finally I have found time to test it really good.

I have also chosen SLX option without res buildings and foliage. DOes the AI sight obstacles like bushes and trees work with vanilla ofp and other custom maps ?

Edit:

- Can I turn the speedometer & altmeter on in airplanes? I love to bombard enemy form above and both of these are wery helpful in attack calculation.

- Why some addons for example footmunch`s planes are not affected by any explosions. When you down them with rockets or vulcan the plane just hit the ground without any kaboom and smoke. Why?

Wow, I didnt know that. Finally I have found time to test it really good.

I have also chosen SLX option without res buildings and foliage. DOes the AI sight obstacles like bushes and trees work with vanilla ofp and other custom maps ?

Edit:

- Can I turn the speedometer & altmeter on in airplanes? I love to bombard enemy form above and both of these are wery helpful in attack calculation.

- Why some addons for example footmunch`s planes are not affected by any explosions. When you down them with rockets or vulcan the plane just hit the ground without any kaboom and smoke. Why?

the planes have not been altered to take advantage of the SLX features. Most of Slx's features require editing of the model and config. lots of addons inherit the proporties of the suck Biz units thus can be compatable with the mod, which use modified biz models, with scripts and animations.

hmm.. whenever I try to download SLX and its completed.. I get an error "unexpected end of archive".. when I look in the folder.. I just see 1(!!! ) file.. something about "gunleaning.pbo"? and there's nothing more.. I downloaded it from filefront.

does someone have an another mirror for me?

Here you go! OFP.info link

i don't suppose any one has a working link to the final SLX1.1 do they... not just the beta one.... if they do and i get it down loaded.. i will post it on a more permanent site that will not remover it after 15 days... whistle.gif

thanks to all for any help that they can give. notworthy.gif

Hello,

Someone could help me all the link on the V1.1 Final are false ...

Thx in advance

SLX latest Beta = Final

Quote[/b] ]Solus: Sure, I guess I can pack up the current version and call it 1.1 final. Version 1.1 final Changes: None.

Is it compatible with the GRAA modpack?

If so, how do I add it?

Refer to this post

While the link for SLX 1.1 final is no more existing and i have no idea where to find it anymore, the link for the GRAA3+SLX specific config is always valid.

Follow the instructions for installation.

Refer to this post

While the link for SLX 1.1 final is no more existing and i have no idea where to find it anymore, the link for the GRAA3+SLX specific config is always valid.

Follow the instructions for installation.

Thanks a lot mate!

One more thing, is the hand to hand combat deleted in the GRAA+SLX mod or do I have to add it as a weapon in the desired unit's config?

Thanks.

EDIT: Well, I realized it has nothing to with the SLX+GRAA, but with the SLX itself.

So it works with stock models, with BWMOD models too. But when I try with DLEM ACU 101st models it doesn't.

I noticed that melee combat nor drag injured works with DLEM ACU models =S Is there a way in which I could fix this?

Thanks

EDITED: Just Add "SLX_Melee" to magazines and you'll have hand to hand attack...

EDITED2: Just add

Dammaged = "if(format [{%1},SLX_Wounds_Path]=={scalar bool array string 0xfcffffef})then{SLX_Wounds_Path={\SLX_Wounds\};}; [_this select 0,_this select 1,_this select 2] exec (SLX_Wounds_Path+{SLX_Wounds.sqs})";

to eventhandlers in the desire unit config.ccp file...

• Like 1

Can we get slx to work with mods like BW, DVD, PLA, or Ofpr.

Is there a config that I could use? whistle.gif

much thanks

As great a mod SLX is it can get very laggy when playing certain missions. In order to increase performance I have disabled SLX shot effects and the tank smoke feature. Performance is much better (Battlefields mission is my benchmark) however there is still some lag and the smoke and fire effects seem to be the main culprit.

How would I disable the smoke and fire effects entirely?

You can download slx 1.1 at ofpinfo.

Since 1.1 makes that you can only surrender when you drop all your weapons and melees. This does not work with the AI in my experience. THe Ai only surrender if wounded and healed.

I love this mod. I have it on backup disks and everything. There is nothing better than it. Big Rooney, you are the MAN, dawg! notworthy.gif

I did notice that when the regular game is played, the game "behaves" differently, and that is okay with me. I've beat it before, and it's to be expected.

I do have a question concerning adding other islands, I noticed that if I use a helicopter, the helicopter with take off straight into the air. How can I fix that, because I love playing on new ocean island. I cant get on it anymore. another thing. The same happens when I use a grenade laucher. The grenades will disappear into the ground.

Any solutions? smile_o.gif

I have found the link by ofp.info and downladed version 1.1beta. I think it is also good.

Trying to use the modconfig ECP+SLX I have seen a couple of bugs which I cannot solve myself:

error loading optika_ak74 and crateronvehicle.

As for the former it seems strange as ecp and bis original game only use the modeloptics of ak47 even if it is ak74 the rifle you use.

As for the latter crateronvehicle should be part of the slx_replacement_pack as it is referred to in slx only config.

Has anyone an idea about how to solve this? Which strings should be amended then?

More, is there any way to use the slx cloudlets in ecp mod? I am talking about those ones provoked by rifle bullets when hitting the ground. I don't know how to modify the ecp standard config with slx_clouds.pbo. ECP doesn't recognize the modifications which are to be done according to the readme file in SLX folder.

I can't seem to get a working link for 1.1 files or whatever the latest version is. Could someone reupload it or  direct me.

Bordic  I had the same problems, I fixed it by finding the p3d files (I did this a long time ago, so i dont remember exactly) and recompiling it in the appropriate folder or pbo.

For your second question yes, go into the slx bin config and find the cloudlet section, copy the sections you want and paste over the same sections in the ecp bin config file.

Sorry to resurrect this thread again, but does anyone know if Solus has ever released the multiplayer compatible SLX_Wounds for OFP? He mentioned in this thread that he managed to make it work in MP, but I'm not sure if he's ever released it. I don't have 1.1 final, but I've been checking FFUR and it seems to have pretty much the same SLX_Wounds code as the beta.

Edit: Found his post, he was talking about ArmA.