Solus

SLX Replacement Pack, Mod, and Addons

Ive just downloaded it, and there arnt any textures for anything, i might of done something wrong plz help sounds very good and i want it to work.

I have the same problem, and i did run the correct one for WinXP.

The thing is, I don't have HWTL..

But all the batch files say "This installer is for HWTL, please use NO_HWTL if you don't have HWTL" (or something like that). Then i try the NO_HWTL ones and they also say the same thing..

Help?

Hello folks i can help ya out. I been having problems with my SLX but finally fixed em here are some answers to ur questions

- with the missing ak optics u have to first install the batch file. If u r having problems with the batch first look at it closely. If u have hwtl then pick that one if u dont pick nohwtl. Also make sure its the right windows like xp and me

- Now this is the problem i had but fixed it. I kept getting desktop crashes everytime when i installed it but here is what u SHOULD DO. Go into the slx folder and go into DTA. Once in DTA go to the folder that saids HWTL. U will c 2 PBO files. Copy the 2 files then go back to DTA. Paste em in dta and accept replacing the regular pbo files. Once done start the SLX MOD. I recommend that u make a shortcut link to ur desktop with this in its target command line

U put this down

-"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nomap -mod=@SLX

After that then just go in and see for urself that SLX does work.

Hope this is helpful for u guys

Hi Solus....

Real glad to see you still have time for OFP now that ArmA is out !!

I've just d/l'd the new 1.1 beta and I MIGHT have a bug...

Only tested with about 1/2 dozen missions so far, but every time the firing starts, as the first bullet is fired, either by me, or by opfors I get this message.....

Error loading data3D\crateronvehicle.p3d (Magic)

It COULD just be my ludicrous 6gb+ multiple-mods-and-shortcuts install, but I don't think so.... this was with my plain vanilla Res+SLX testing setup...

Any ideas?

Bushlurker

Hi, thanks for the feedback and help! Thanks for that mirror Artak! Sorry about the bugs, I never got a chance to test the ECP config or the non HWTL installers. Here's an update to try to fix those issues:

http://files.filefront.com/SLX_Mod....fo.html

http://www.unbase.com/n/7791998389

Version 1.1 beta 2 update changes:

Made some fixes to the non HWTL installers.

Changed the CraterOnVehicle model and AK74 optics in the ECP config to use the SLX_Misc models.

Added the SLX_Misc models to the newdata folder for backwards compatability with older configs.

I have no textures on soldiers when i use SLX.. Everything else is textured,except the soldiers.

I used the update and NO_HWTL for my non-HWTL computer.

**NEVERMIND PROBLEM SOLVED**

Just did as kosta87 said three posts up. Copied the Data3d from the @SLX/DTA/HWTL folder into the @SLX/DTA folder

Glad to see you back at it Solus, Lordy knows it needed some repairs; but it sure seems to run good now. It's fantastical! I'm always being rescued my one of my medics, draged off into the bush and healed up. One time, (not sure of the order) the medic shot the guy who shot me and was still shooting at us, then he halled me off to safety and gave me some much needed medical attention. I was able to continue with my mission. That is such a great improvement to the game and crawling 500 miles to get back home.

Two things tho, I can't tell by looking at a tank whether or not it has been hit - less it's on fire. It doesn't seem to soot up. Is that something that needs to be turned on, or have I just not hit it enough?

Also, the top left info window is still misaligned and missing info, on my 19" flat top. Can that be fixed?

I wonder too if and how it would be possible to add GRAA's units and weapons textures, or would that most likely put too much strain on the PC to run smoothly?

Love this tho Solus, really is fantastic.

Thanks for playing, Hardcoreâ„¢! biggrin_o.gif

It might be that the tanks you're hitting aren't damaged enough to show, I think they need to be hit multiple times sometimes before they get darkened. I used almost all CAVS settings on everything, and it ended up with the regular AT launchers being less effective at directly damaging parts of tanks. Shooting at the engine/top rear area is always a good idea though. I think I changed the tanks because I didn't want them to be completely taken out by an AT mine, so they usually lose their tracks and can't move. There are also more powerful AT launchers and more AT ammo in BMPs/5 ton trucks/M113s, so you can also try searching for those so you can do more damage or shoot more.

The top left window is supposed to have the ammo count hidden and show only the magazines. You can search the resource.cpp in the @SLX/bin/ folder to find the change and change it back. Search for "SLX MOD" until you see the unitinfo ammo class with x and y settings and change the "//" parts to uncomment the old settings ones above and comment out the new ones below.

I was working with some replacement stuff for GRAA and FFSX but I didn't finish them, you can check out what I had so far here:

http://www.unbase.com/n/3257395978

These were made for older versions of the config so they probably won't work, but you can see them as an example and make your own. Just copy the @SLX\bin\ModConfig\OFP_Default folder and rename it, then modify the "CfgXXXXX.hpp" files and copy them to the ModConfig folder. Mostly you should only need to define the cfgModels for weapons and units, models, hidden selections, and wounds/damage for CfgVehicles, and models for CfgWeapons. To revert to the OFP stuff copy the ModConfig\OFP_Default\CfgXXXXX.hpp files to the modconfig folder.

Have fun! :]

Will do!

Thanks again man! - hope you are rewarded for your talent and hard work. Best modding I've ever seen anywhere. What do you do for a living if you don't mind me asking?

Hi Solus,

I really enjoy FFUR 2007 & SLX (FFLX?).

So I'm wondering, is there anyway that I can add this latest release (v1.1?) to my v1.05 install of FFUR 2007 & SLX ?

BTW I just want to point out that of all the mods that I've tried over the years, this is right up there with ECP, FFUR and Tonal Redux; its simply brilliant!

Take care

Can anyone tell me how to fix the JAM Magazines bug while using SLX w/Tonal Redux..

I cannot reload after using the first magazine..I know there is a way around it..please help me!!

Im using the latest SLX config given by Solus and it looks

like its a jam mag problem

Hardcoreâ„¢: Thanks! Office work mostly until I can get something better with my degree.

domokun: If you mean FFSX2007 then yes, there's a new config included for it. You should be able to move the @SLX\Mod Configs\FFSX2007+@SLX\ folder to your OFP folder and then run the .bat file in the FFSX2007+@SLX folder and it should start.

rheydrich: I was able to test out Tonal Redux and fix those bugs, here's another small update:

http://files.filefront.com/SLX_Mod....fo.html

http://www.unbase.com/n/4154457691

Bug Report!!

Enemy AI doesn't shoot at me when I'm in the forest. I can walk up to them whithout getting shot.

When I step out of the forest, then they started shooting at me.

Installing the mod without the vegetation replacement removes the bug, but then there is less shooting by the AI.

In addition, I caught the AI several times dragging injured enemy units.

@Solus:

Thanks for all the work you put into this mod. It really turned OFP on it's head. Things people thought were never possible you did! You've been very attentive in addressing bug reports, delivering technical background info and such. And last but not least working with Thunderbird to intregrate SLX and FFUR to make the biggest monster mod OFP will ever know.

BTW

Is there a SLX_Mod_11_Beta_1_Update? I see links for Beta 2and Beta 3. Nothing for Beta 1

• Like 1

G'day, comrades.

Awesome mod, enhancing the ol' good OFP gameplay in a way and to an extent that has never been available before - but that is what we all here know.

What I am going to be questioning though is the case of the indirect, random fire that charging enemy is laying. I've pulled a couple of missions, using SLX mod and the most of my combat fatalities were due to that fact - the enemy is saturating in a wordy meaning the expected area of the OPFOR presence with lead so successfully that rarely ever we are able to survive and proceed with the mission some more, not mentioning finishing it. I love the tracers and the sound of incoming bullets, but I hate when it comes to the accomplishmenjt deprivation that accompanies many missions rendered unbeatable through the usage of the SLX mod.

I thought that the enemy AI would be the biggest problem and I was turning off Super AI which I had alway had on playing my OFP yet before the mode came around. However, now I got back to turning it on and I think I can still outsmart them if put into a reasonable and balanced situation, but random gunfire is killing me off.

Nevertheless, I suppouse that the Super AI doesn't change it for better, does it? ... pistols.gif

Hi, sorry for taking so long between replies! I've been working on ArmA SLX and I think it's looking pretty good so far. I've almost got everything that's in OFP SLX in it along with a lot of new stuff, and it seems completely stable so far. Thanks to everyone that has helped with bug testing and given feedback! Here's a collection of some pictures: http://www.albumtown.com/solus

theeraserhead: Looks like I added too many AI view blockers to the forest objects to try to stop them from being too good at spotting in the forest. tounge2.gif If there's another update I might try deleting some of them to see if it helps. There isn't any real good way to detect if there are enemies nearby in OFP so I didn't add anything to take into account whether the AI's would get caught while dragging. Currently in ArmA SLX_wounds the AI's will just wait until the fighting is over to get to people and help them, unless they're very close or the injured person is a player.

Zuku1: You're welcome! The 1.1 beta would be considered beta 1, making the patches beta version 2 and 3.

burroughs: There are a lot of things that higher AI skill can have more affect on now, like how accurate they are, how much recoil and aim shaking affect them, how often suppresion lowers their stamina and aim, how good they are at spotting targets, how long it takes for them to aim at a target, etc. All kinds of things that will make the super AI with full skill much harder than the normal skilled AI. Also there are a lot of missions that have a smaller force attacking a larger force, with the smaller force depending on higher skill than the larger force, so when they're even the smaller force doesn't have that advantage. There might be other reasons but the last time I played OFP SLX the AI accuracy seemed ok. OFP gameplay is very open ended and you might be able to fulfill some missions on your own but some missions are just unbeatable normally due to the balance, sorry. :/

Hi Solus:

Thank you for your reply. I suggest you spend all the time making the Armed Assault SLX version since I'm ready to drop OFP the moment your mod is released.

Thanks Solus and all the other greast modders who put their time and effort in making OFP and AA a great gaming experience.

Hi, sorry for taking so long between replies! I've been working on ArmA SLX and I think it's looking pretty good so far. I've almost got everything that's in OFP SLX in it along with a lot of new stuff, and it seems completely stable so far. Thanks to everyone that has helped with bug testing and given feedback! Here's a collection of some pictures: http://www.albumtown.com/solus

theeraserhead: Looks like I added too many AI view blockers to the forest objects to try to stop them from being too good at spotting in the forest. tounge2.gif If there's another update I might try deleting some of them to see if it helps. There isn't any real good way to detect if there are enemies nearby in OFP so I didn't add anything to take into account whether the AI's would get caught while dragging. Currently in ArmA SLX_wounds the AI's will just wait until the fighting is over to get to people and help them, unless they're very close or the injured person is a player.

Zuku1: You're welcome! The 1.1 beta would be considered beta 1, making the patches beta version 2 and 3.

burroughs: There are a lot of things that higher AI skill can have more affect on now, like how accurate they are, how much recoil and aim shaking affect them, how often suppresion lowers their stamina and aim, how good they are at spotting targets, how long it takes for them to aim at a target, etc. All kinds of things that will make the super AI with full skill much harder than the normal skilled AI. Also there are a lot of missions that have a smaller force attacking a larger force, with the smaller force depending on higher skill than the larger force, so when they're even the smaller force doesn't have that advantage. There might be other reasons but the last time I played OFP SLX the AI accuracy seemed ok. OFP gameplay is very open ended and you might be able to fulfill some missions on your own but some missions are just unbeatable normally due to the balance, sorry. :/

Hi Solus.

I am waiting on your SLX replacement pack for Armed Assault (specialy for SLX wounds, which is very necessary for arma at fist place i think). How far are you from public beta ? Do you need more testers ? I and my squad we have dedicates server (extel's server or FFF's reality server) so we can test that when you have interest.

I was thinking to make my own wounds mod for arma, but yours have more and more thinks, which i am not able to do with my poor skills. But like tester can i maybe help.

Anunnaki.

theeraserhead: Thanks! If you want to help test I can PM you the link to the bug tracker and the latest test version.

Anunnaki: It's getting closer to release, I just got the dragging working correctly in MP. I do need more people to help test though, especially in MP, so it would be great if you could help with MP testing! I've sent you a PM with the links.

@Solus

Waiting very unpatiently for your public release of @SLX for ArmA.

Honestly besides ACE it's THE MOD I'm waiting for since November 2006!

Please send me the link for the latest version, I would like to make some SP testing for you.

As soon as I get a LAN party together with my friends I would do some MP testing too.

Solus, awesome mod, but is there anyway to change the helicopter AI so they don't fly straight into the the clutches of a waiting Shilka?

Kroky: I'm looking for people that have the time to test and give feedback on the bug tracker. If you have the time to do both then please PM me and we can discuss it.

D-scythe: Yes, kind of. I've tried doing that in an earlier version of OFP GL3, by making the percieved strength of helicopters less than that of tanks. The helicopters would then try to run away from tanks to a longer range and engage from there while being a harder target. There were still some things that needed to be worked out to get the helicopters engaging at long range and still attacking other vehicles but I think in ArmA GL3 I might be able to get it working.

Hi Solus: It would be an honor to beta test your wonderful mod. Please do PM me the link. Thank you.