Solus

SLX Replacement Pack, Mod, and Addons

I tried to read the precedent 55 pages and maybe i haven't seen but...

Clearly, with group link 3, in the mission editor, what i have to do for having AI group calling artillery support with CoC UA 1.1 ? or maybe it works only with UA 1.0 ? Anyway what i have to place in the editor, triggers markers units I don't know !

Please Help me i don't know how to do confused_o.gifbanghead.gif

@SNKMAN

Was wondering if you got any of SLX goodies working in ARMA and how you did it. I know this isn't the proper thread but it would feel blasphemous to open an SLX discussion in ARMA without Solus notworthy.gif

...The current [FFUR]1.01 patch actually replaces the M24 by the SR25, just for the reasons you mentioned...

As I mention previously T-Bird, FFUR doesn't replace the M21/24 with SR-25. But I just discovered what does, and thought I'd let you know, you might have been confussing Sanctuary's GRAA Mod3 - wow, that's a gamers rifle!

Anybody know if there's a vehicle replacement pack; one that swaps out BIS's default vehicles, replaced with something like Inquisitor's or Combat's quality M1A1's, M3A2's, 5Ton's, Hummer's etc? Also a Helo swap out or replacement pack, or are these just too hard on PC's?

Check it out once again,

The M21 has been replaced by the M24 and the M24 by the SR-25,

Actually, the Sniper M24 is additional in game, and if you would play again BIS missions that were using M21s you would have SR-25 instead.

(Make sure you have the patch 1.01, though.)

regards,

TB

...(Make sure you have the patch 1.01, though.)...

=========================================

DOWNLOAD:

FFUR/SLX 2007 1.0[488 MB]

Mirror 1 - GOL Clan

FFUR/SLX 2007 1.2 Extra Pack (Needed)[10 MB]

Mirror 1 - GOL Clan

Ah, OK, I knew you had said 1.01 before but never saw it and assumed a type error. I downloaded these from your current release HERE, never did see the 1.01 patch.

At least I know you know; and you know I don't know - Good to know - Ya know??? banghead.gif

Cant blame the guy he kinda work himself to death  biggrin_o.gif

No blame from here; I've mentioned before how amazed I am he keeps up with everyone's posts in here, addresses issues, and lives real life too - way too much work.

He must be very skinny. rofl.gif

@froggyluv

Yes i got it to work in ArmA but so far i only use the Effect's [ Burning, Tracers, Dust, Wind, Damage and so on ] and i cut out Group Link 3 becouse it seem's to work not that good in ArmA. ( So far i use Group Link 2 with SLX )

Well i tryed to convert the Mod completly but there are so much thing's which can not been used in ArmA so it's impossible to convert this Mod keeping the way Solus did it.

SLX got many own Animations and a lot of other stuff and most Script's don't work correctly without it... confused_o.gif

So only thing to do, is to wait till Solus release his new ArmA Masterpiece. wink_o.gif

@froggyluv

Yes i got it to work in ArmA but so far i only use the Effect's [ Burning, Tracers, Dust, Wind, Damage and so on ] and i cut out Group Link 3 becouse it seem's to work not that good in ArmA. ( So far i use Group Link 2 with SLX )

Well i tryed to convert the Mod completly but there are so much thing's which can not been used in ArmA so it's impossible to convert this  Mod keeping the way Solus did it.

SLX got many own Animations and a lot of other stuff and most Script's don't work correctly without it... confused_o.gif

So only thing to do, is to wait till Solus release his new ArmA Masterpiece.  wink_o.gif

Oh man you gotta share how your getting those effects! I can live without GL3 (for now) if I could even just get those tracers whistle.giftounge2.gif

Hey froggyluv,

sorry didn't check the Thread for a while...

Of course i will share it with you wink_o.gif

Well i already tryed to convert the latest SLX script by myself but i can't get it to work, so i use the one Sickboy (6th Sense) did.

Here you go: SLX Effects + Group Link 2

Hey froggyluv,

sorry didn't check the Thread for a while...

Of course i will share it with you wink_o.gif

Well i already tryed to convert the latest SLX script by myself but i can't get it to work, so i use the one Sickboy (6th Sense) did.

Here you go: SLX Effects + Group Link 2

Sickboy did not convert those as far as I know, Solus did, these are beta version scripts of the ArmA version he is/was building

Any word on Solus though?

Thanks SNKMAN! I'm not sure how you got all of those SLX effects though- do you just use the oldschool method of mod=@SLX in the target or do you need to do some 'inits'? So far tracers,wounding looks like vanilla ARMA. huh.gif

Quote[/b] ]Sickboy did not convert those as far as I know, Solus did, these are beta version scripts of the ArmA version he is/was building

Any word on Solus though?

Really? Well as far as i can see the Script Sickboy uses is exactly the same like OFP SLX there was just replaced/added "{}","compile" and some other stuff.

I also could no found a SLX beta of the Script released by Solus.

@froggyluv

I use the ArmA Launcher ( 1.1 ) but it's the same like using "mod=@SLX"

What do you mean by "vanilla"?

You should only load the addon @SLX and check out the Example mission i uploaded with SLX.

To me everything look's fine.

Beta was PM-ed to both Sick and me, as far as I know he just placed that one in the Mod as he could start getting into the script and how it works

Solus did change some stuff in the script as there where some bugs earlier on

Don't remember much of it but I think I changed some settings and disabled some constructs and did some extra fixing here and there but don't remember ;p

Im working on a project atm which will be used together with GL2 and GL3. As soon as it's ready I will continue the GL3 stuff.

I have a question, I want to enable SLX AND FFUR 2007 together WITH ALL effects from SLX including wounds etc..

I know it might be more instable, but can it be possible?

Help appreciated! wink_o.gif

pretty much all effects worked with ffur2006 and 2007 normal but it was not very stable. you could try to override FFUR/SLX 2007 with the slx normal config.

is there any way to disable slx stuff on some soldiers? i want to kill zombies with slx+ecp but the slx anims dont work right on the zombies.

Can anyone tell me how to make tonalredux work with

SLX; it seems to me its working without the SLX effects

I created a bin with the SLX+Tonal Config from SLX 1.093

and no effects....I also used @slx;@tonalredux...

please anyone assist me with this. thanks

I don't have tonal anymore but i did have that config. work in the past. Try copying all of the addons out of SLX and putting them in your tonal addons or such. I once had to do that with ffur2007/slx and it worked.

I don't have Tonal or SLX installed, but i believe you would take a fresh OFP Resistance patched to 1.96, add TR according to it's readme.

Then add SLX and update according to it's readme, and open

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\@SLX\Mod Configs\@TonalRedux+@SLX\bin" folder, Copy/Paste the config.cpp file from there, into the bin folder of the "@Tonal redux" folder.

If it doesn't have a bin folder (and probably doesn't), Paste it into \Res\Bin folder. In either case, if you do see a config.cpp file, just rename it (so wont be over written) b4 u paste,

Create a shortcut off the FASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE, open it's Properties and add the switch  -nosplash -mod=@Tonalredux; -mod=@SLX one space after the last quote on the Target line.

Run the game from the Shortcut.

Hello,

I am using SLX without any additional Mods, and I love it.

But somehow SLX messes up the ammo counter.

without SLX:

good.png

with SLX:

bad.png

does anybody have an idea how to fix this?

Thx in advance,

Jander

whistle.gif well then - sorry for bothering you with this stupid question... seems that I am a typical case of "RTFM" here wink_o.gif

whistle.gif well then - sorry for bothering you with this stupid question... seems that I am a typical case of "RTFM" here wink_o.gif

Heh, it's alright, quite a few people have asked that question. You can remove the feature if you want but I don't know how.

Hi, I haven't had much time to test so if anyone wants to they can try out the latest OFP SLX Mod beta:

OFP.info Mirror: SLX_Mod_1.1_Beta.rar @ OFP.info

SLX_Mod_1.1_Beta.rar @ FileFront.com 36.4 MB

SLX_Mod_1.1_Beta.rar @ unbase.com 36.4 MB

Thanks to Deadeye with OFP.info for the mirror!

Version 1.1 Changes:

Changed grenade, RPG/LAW, and rifle bullet damage.

Removed windows from pub building so units can be seen.

Fixed XMS unable to use magazines.

Changed blackop pistols to suppressed glocks.

Made missile/rocket launch sounds longer ranged.

Added FFSX2007 config with full GL3 and SLX Wounds effects.

Added mod start .bat files to make starting mods easier. Added replacement pack check to make sure the replacement pack is installed and start the installer if it isn't.

Fixed damage type on flowers.

Disabled optics on AT prone movements and reload.

Made players able to quickly change stance with AT weapons using sprint back or forward. Thanks to FFUR for the idea!

Made tank track armor weaker for mobility kills.

Changed disposable LAW launcher reload animation.

Made regular FOV slightly larger and zoom in FOV slightly smaller.

Added thicker smoke for aircraft.

Changed some values for 30mm cannons.

Added string table.

Updated SLX_AT_Anims.pbo with changed rifle positions.

Changed helicopter sound range.

Removed speech for critical commands so AI's act faster.

Added DTA\LandTex.pbo with OFP:Resistance sand texture for intro island.

Updated SLX_Vehicles.pbo.

Added some tank tread replacement textures with transparent parts.

Added easier to see compass headings.

Changed muzzle velocity for suppressed glock and MP5SD to be subsonic.

Enabled firing while crawling.

Made some radio speech have less words spoken for faster AI response.

Changed tank wheel sides so they fit to the ground and rotate in the direction the tracks turn.

Made coaxial machine guns less accurate.

Updated SLX_GL3 to version 1.1.

Made some changes to GL3 script and suppressive fire script with ArmA GL3 changes.

Changed surrendering so players should only surrender when they have dropped all weapons and magazines.

Made suppressed animation interpolate with other animations so that weapons shouldn't change when suppressed. Thanks to MSMS_KDXer/Canukausiuka for the idea!

Changed some shot effect createVehicle commands to local camCreate and added locality checks for createVehicle.

Added timed grenade effect.

Made groups in safe mode not garrison buildings at mission start.

Changed smoke shoot script to remove use of game logic to try to prevent crashes.

Changed smoke launchers to only have one shot and have a sound when firing.

Made smoke launchers added to tanks at mission start and can be fired by players.

Made damaged tank parts not get repaired when on fire.

Made burning people use DMA prone rolling animations if they are loaded.

Changed give melee script to make binoculars the selected item model so the melee weapon isn't used with binocular animations.

Changed AI join so the player has to be group leader to take command of units.

Recoded supersonic bullet sounds with normalization to get rid of clipping and changed the range and pitch they are heard at.

Lowered speed needed for supersonic sounds so 380 mps pistols bullets will make sounds.

Excluded groups that shouldn't be called as backup if they are set to not fire, careless, or stealth.

Made radios given only to squad leaders with more than 1 person with them.

Made small groups of less than 3 people on foot not be called for backup from more than 1 kilometer away.

Made it nessisary for radios or vehicles to be in both groups for backup to be called when they are further than 1 kilometer apart. The backup will only be called after a person with a radio or in a vehicle has called and is still alive after 2 seconds.

Added disable maneuver setting.

Made backup groups set to a consistent formation, combat mode, and behavior when traveling so they will be able to engage enemies on the way.

Added dofollow leader command to end of maneuver scripts so group leaders should keep following waypoints and not get stuck.

Added check for radios so groups that already someone with a radio shouldn't be given another.

Added RTO unit in editor.

Removed most commented out code from scripts.

Made all known friendly vehicles added to ally strength so AI's shouldn't keep calling for backup when they know someone is already on the way.

Made commander machine gun less accurate.

Updated SLX_Wounds to version 1.1.

Made gibs created by local unit for MP.

Changed captive capturing so AI's shouldn't keep shooting at captives.

Added a check so AI's won't drag dead bodies if there's nothing worth taking. AI's should only drag dead people that have machine guns, secondary weapons, binoculars, or night vision devices.

Disabled weapons on surrender animations.

Made body parts stay around longer.

Removed weapon jam hit effect, possibly resolved crash.

Made captor's leader take over captives when captor is killed so the captives don't try to escape while surrounded.

Changed Dragging vehicle to make going over small steps easier.

Changed weapon dropping for surrendering and dragging enemies, possibly resolved crash.

More changes to drop weapon effect to reduce crashes.

Thanks to everyone who has given feedback in the thread! This is a full release so you don't need any previous versions. The intention of this version was to make OFP SLX as stable as possible and streamline the gameplay of the 1985 campaign. There might still be one rare random CTD but playing through most of the 1985 campaign should be mostly bug free and stable. I also moved all unit configs to separate files so it should be easier for people to make unit replacement configs.

If anyone has time and wants to test either the OFP SLX Mod or the ArmA SLX Mod please PM me for the link to the SLX bug tracker/download.

great progress smile_o.gif but still has some problems

the ak74 optics are missing with ECP+SLX and also had 2 crashes with battlefields. other then that everything was perfect.

And i would love to test future slx releases for ofp/arma!