Solus

SLX Replacement Pack, Mod, and Addons

V.P.: Are there any similar circumstances with the crashes, anything you can repeat reliably ? The crazy AI's are probably from them trying to help a wounded person or maybe there's an AI script trying to move them somewhere. I think putting them in stealth or telling them to stop for a moment will keep them from trying to help a wounded person, then you can order them to go where you want.

Freshman, mickuzy: Thanks. The update after next will have a WGL config.

KyleSarnik: Thanks, maybe the bayonets could have sniper scopes on them. tounge2.gif

BlackKnight777: Thanks for trying it out. Odd about the huge bullet holes. So you have the new sky working but not the small bullet hole model ? Maybe the installer didn't finish doing the data3d.pbo and you only got the data.pbo stuff. Try running the installer .bat again maybe. I wonder if that crash is related to the missing models you have, try that situation again after you get them working and see if you can repeat it.

Shashman: The bullet holes in the Ural's cover is just a damage texture and not the actual bullet holes. The real bullet holes should be very small and hard to see. If you're sure you've get the mod all installed correctly then shooting at the back cover of a Ural should tear it up after a few magazines, or shoot it with a rocket. Are you running any mods other than @SLX ?

Only the default machine guns(M60, PK) can set things on fire by default. Explosive ammo can also set things on fire, like the Vulcan or Shilka guns. There is a 20% chance of a shot attempting to set something on fire and the thing has to meet certain conditions like being at least 10% damaged and be less than 4 meters from the impact point. Some objects are very strong and won't get damaged enough to get caught on fire directly. To set grass on fire make sure you shoot near the center of the grass patch first to damage it enough, then make sure that the impact effects are close to the center of the bush and try waiting a while for some of the old bullet hit craters to fade out so they don't interfere as much with the nearestObject search. Setting things on fire is supposed to be kind of rare so it's a little hard to do intentionally.

Oh wow crazy_o.gif

SLX+FFUR+Tonal Redux all released around the same time. I do believe I'm going to have to call the OFP police on these modders for attempted murder by means of excitement.

Here's the update:

SLX Mod Update 1.01 657 KB

Changes:

Removed ninja addon dependancy.

Made pistols much less likely to be selected by AI's.

Installers for non HWTL users.

Changed CraterOnVehicle model.

Added FFUR configs.

The FFUR config doesn't have the vehicles or bullet holes, those are only in the default @SLX mod config. The vehicles are still available in the editor though, under SLX Vehicles.

Edit: Shashman: To install mod configs, first backup the other mod's original config.bin or config.cpp in their bin folder, then copy the SLX config to their bin folder and then run OFP with -mod @SLX;Mod

Ooo thanks, downloading now. So how do I use this with FFUR? Just put it in the bin folder of SLX?

I put the new config.cpp you get with this SLX update into the SLX Bin folder. Works great, but I get an error message regarding the FFUR main screen, but it's no big deal  smile_o.gif

Also, I just played Rat's Nest, a Resistance mission, and I noticed that my FFARs were ricocheting and that sometimes when I fired my own cannon, I got damaged. The ricochet effect looks really good with BN880's tracers, perhaps you should take a look, as I don't think the current 'star wars' effect looks very realistic

LOL I can't play Clean Sweep anymore huh.gif The AI are too good goodnight.gif

Very good. I noticed that on Everon, at the base South of Levie, there is a civilian house there where there perhaps shouldn't be one.

Shame that the diving for cover animation was removed. I thought it was really useful and fun pistols.gifyay.gif

I put the new config.cpp you get with this SLX update into the SLX Bin folder. Works great, but I get an error message regarding the FFUR main screen, but it's no big deal  smile_o.gif

Also, I just played Rat's Nest, a Resistance mission, and I noticed that my FFARs were ricocheting and that sometimes when I fired my own cannon, I got damaged. The ricochet effect looks really good with BN880's tracers, perhaps you should take a look, as I don't think the current 'star wars' effect looks very realistic

LOL I can't play Clean Sweep anymore  huh.gif  The AI are too good  goodnight.gif

You have to put the ffur compatible config file in the ffur2006/bin folder not in the SLX/bin folder and to start with both mods -mod=@slx -mod=ffur2006 in this sequence

@Solus thanks for implementing SLX into FFUR so fast

Why didn't you binarize the new config?

You have made an incredible work Solus ! Thanks !

Combined with the FFUR 2.5 by Thunderbird it's totally a new game (a sort of ArmA whistle.gif )

However I have a question, can we remove the islands you have included ?

I mean the grass and trees.

The grass from a distance looks really ugly, and and I got lag with it.

Furthermore I have already a pack remplacing trees.

No offense, your mod is really the best gameplay modification pack I have seen for month notworthy.gif

So far, I LOVE this mod, but sadly at first I was affected by that darn HWTL-only install...so I quickly reworked the install.bat file for windows xp, and uploaded it.

I hope this saves anybody still having that problem, so that they can enjoy this wonderful mod.

Link : i guess solus already released one

Happy Fragging, pistols.gif

Sniper_Kyle

When I read that first post I thought it was a joke or a wishlist for Game 2.

Besides the occasional CTD, this mod is outstanding! Too much to describe just download it now!

The updated installer Solus released fixes the HWT&L issue people were having...

Kroky, what's the difference between putting the new cpp in the SLX bin folder and putting it in the FFUR one? I put it in the SLX one and it works fine, except I dont have the FFUR main screen, but I like it that way as it's faster to load without it

with the WGL mod we found an issue

claymores and satchel charges unable to be laid or seen on the ground in multiplayer(dont know about sp only tested in MP:P) also any items placed down to be picked up from your backpack dissapeared

The updated installer Solus released fixes the HWT&L issue people were having...

Kroky, what's the difference between putting the new cpp in the SLX bin folder and putting it in the FFUR one? I put it in the SLX one and it works fine, except I dont have the FFUR main screen, but I like it that way as it's faster to load without it

k, removed link... didnt see that he released an updated one

with the WGL mod we found an issue

claymores and satchel charges unable to be laid or seen on the ground in multiplayer(dont know about sp only tested in MP:P) also any items placed down to be picked up from your backpack dissapeared

Solus has said that he doesn't know if this mod is MP compatible

i've been playing a while with SLX ver 1.01 & FFUR 2006 , and what can i say , it is AWESOME inlove.gif love the effects , love the enviroment it creates, love the open houses , love almost everything,(didn't have any ctd , including when savegame) its the most PERFECT OFP i have seen so far notworthy.gif

just some notes

i find the AI very aggressive , they really come for you ! i like it , some missions look completely different

the grass it is true that from some distance and above looks weird , but in close distances looks wonderful and it adds a lot of atmosphere.

the sky sometimes has a strange color , a little psychedelic tounge2.gif , is there any way to use the llauma pack with slx?

ah , and it would be wonderful if there would be compatible configs with CSLA II and the other big mods out there whistle.giftounge2.gif

thank you very much for this great piece of art Solus and FFUR team notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Great job on this mod Solus. I know the wgl boys will want to see this as they have been looking for the ultimate first aid addon for a long time. I do keep getting a crater.p3d error for some reason with guns. Ill try to capture the instance. But over all very good. Cant wait for the wgl config

You guys should keep a running list of the bugs and errors you find so it's easy reference.

what tools do you all use to binarize the cpp? i just tried cpp2bin but get this error: "Error on property enum"

I do love this mod, but it sometimes gets a bit laggy in some missions, like in the SP Mission Battlefield (FPS: 4/5 with, 15/20 without), but the atmosphere created in that mission is just superb!

Love all the additions you've put into OFP notworthy.gif

Is there a possibility that the GL3 will be released as a standalone script addon. i´ve tried to separate it from the rest of the mod but i get alot of errors.

(Sorry i cant be more specific but im at work rightnow and i dont have internet at home.)

it would be nice to use the ai without the graphic effects as it really lags my comp down.

thats the greatest thing ever happened to ofp smile_o.gif Thanks Solus and all who made this mod! This makes me forget about Arma for a while and hope that you guys also make similar stuff for Arma in the future

for some reason i dont have bullet holes in cars... but i have the new sky

I told you to put the config.cpp in FFUR2006/bin because Solus suggested to do so. Then you have the FFUR loading screen. But if it works the other way then ok.

@Solus:

Played some BIS missions with combined SLX/FFUR.

Some missions are totally different, because the AI behaves different.  And I really like it!

I get some script error showing up in the top left corner of the screen when playing from time time but nothing critical, just aesthetical issue.

Now the enemy soldiers would not heal me they just look at me for some time then go away. (I pressed drag me and give first aid to me, but nothing happend. Whether the friendly soldiers nor the enemy soldiers came to help. I also pressed 5 -4, to say injured) Would be nice to have a command to call somebody to help!

Really like the burning scripts especially the trees and houses catching fire when near to a burning vehicle.

One question: What exactly can I do with the radio that I get? I know its vital that a squad must have a man with a radio to exchange enemy positions. Is that the only reason of having the radio? Does the player have to carry the radio or is it possible to let it carry by another soldier from the squad?

A little bug: Sometimes when bullets hit objects, like fence i.e., the tracers will stay on screen for a few seconds before they disappear. Looks weird.

Besides this gameplay improves with SLX/FFUR2006 a lot!!