Sign in to follow this  
astatine

Invasion 1944 Alpha Relased

Quote[/b] ]The BF109 isn't in

And what about its readiness ? Will it ever be out in any stance ?

And what about its readiness ? Will it ever be out in any stance ?
Quote[/b] ]Unfortunatly we do not have time to work on the mod anymore. Because of this the project has been halted.
Quote[/b] ]If no help is offered we cannot continue development, therefore we cannot accept bugreports. All files are "As Is", and "final".

Unfortunatly confused_o.gif

I think it's too early to say Goodbye to OFP for In44 Mod! It's really pity to leave such awesome addon in many flaws. So I wish you could at least release a patch soon to complete some uncoded stuff.

Eventually if some of the guys on the i44 team give permission for some or any of its remaining members to continue (in a caretake capacity) then im sure there will be some volanteers who would help iron out some bugs etc, its still a great accomplishment smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]If no help is offered we cannot continue development, therefore we cannot accept bugreports. All files are "As Is", and "final".

How I can offer you help if I can't get the model and even don't ai what stage it it is ? wink_o.gif

This is an unfinished campaign version and i do not recommend that ANYONE get it. It has many holes in the storyline and bugs in it. This version was one of the first ones that was made for TESTING PURPOSES ONLY

Edit: i will finsih the campaign in a few days and put it up on the pub, that will be the official version not the one thats available now, it works fine for the first few mission but then it falls apart and the ending is a total letdown. I wish i would have been notified of this release beforehand.

Personally, I won't be getting it at all. It sucks that the main members of the team weren't notified of the release. I'll only download something that is endorsed by Marcel and Winters.

Abs

If it doesnt have the whole teams stamp of approval to release...that tells you something about the stage its in.

I know I was looking forward to playing that campaign.

EDIT: The Brit/German faces appear to be missing a facepack of some kind as they are all messed up. Is this "unfinished" or "missing a file" ?

There was an intention for a release... we just didn't realize that the version going out was outdated. tounge2.gif

So if you haven't downloaded already, hold off for a day or so, and we'll try to get a newer version out (may be a tad bit longer for Winters' campaign, since he has to change part of the intended storyline). I'm actually compressing the current version on my HD right now, so hang tight.

I'm glad you finally released something new since the demo although some people in the team dont seem to be happy with this "as is" release which I think is understandable.

What I like about the mod:

- explosion effects (the best looking ones I think)

- animations (although not fitting to every weapong, but hey its an alpha as is release and I dont have to pay for it smile_o.gif

- limited moveability in prone positon, I wonder why this feature hasnt made it into Ofp earlier

Well the island lags as hell on my notebook but thats no surprise (1,7 Ghz; Ati x700 mobile graphic card...)

I just can dream of what you would have accomplished with a final release, I hope ArmA will bring you more motivated members to finish your work.

And don't hear at the guys here complaining about flaws in the campaign, addons and so on.

I think this mod is fantastic and im glad you released even though its a bit buggy, i especially like the sound on the german machine guns i have sat for several hours poping off some rounds, thankyou.

Yeah, the sound of MG42 is especially correct! I think they should record it from the real firing. I once fired MG42, just like the sound in this Mod.

In addition, I have some queries regarding your new Mod and the former beta version. I once copied all pbo files of the previous version to addon clip of OFP. When I played the new Mod, it seems most of previous addons in beta version could still be played in the Mod. But I got a problem of tortured face texture on those panzer crews from both new and old versions. So I wonder whether should I delete all pervious addon files in OFP addon?

In addition, could your new stuff be played in other Mods, such as FDF, Liberation Mod...?

too bad u couldn't continue sad_o.gif

But will there someday be a invasion 1944 for AA? after all, you have a finished concept, finished missions, and lots of finished models. Some models might have to be updated to higher visual standards (especially soldier models), but still you guys have a good base to start working on an AA version of Inv44?!

Well isn't this the mother f**ker of all anticlimaxes, Two years (or more) of hype. icon_rolleyes.gif I knew this would be the end that would befall I44.

However, you have done some fantastic work over the years, I played many hours with the original demo and hope the team continues on and expands into ArmA. I have yet to download this alpha release but either way, well done chaps. smile_o.gif

Well, I have a 300MB file now, and need somewhere to put it. Suggestions? I tried http://www.sharebigfile.com/, but the upload stopped after about 50MB, and that took forever.

Hopefully this update will clear up some of the issues some folks are having.

talk to ofp.info guys, speak to Serial Killer he should be able to sort you out an upload thumbs-up.gif

Anyone else missing sound? I'm running it as a modfolder on it's own (i.e. without other mods/addons)

Personally, I won't be getting it at all. It sucks that the main members of the team weren't notified of the release. I'll only download something that is endorsed by Marcel and Winters.

Abs

I was for an "as-is" realease, i just wanted to get the right campaign version in the pack. Marcel was against it because its not up to the lofty standards that he has set for himself. He understands why we wanted to go as is but his pride in his work kept him from giving it full approval. Obviously, he is not upset that he wasnt told what was going on as he was informed, he understands it was a democratic process and the majority voted to go "as-is" and he decided to abide by the majority decision.

The pack as it is is quite enjoyable and the first few missions in the campaign are great but since its unfinished mod and early campaign version it has flaws. My advice is to get the pack and the CoC campaign and be a little more patient for the full on Oosterbeek Campaign thats coming very soon. I have to juggle time with work/finalizing my house purchase/getting ready for my granddaughters birth along with time to get the campaign done. It requires a little less than 2 full days work to be completed with the bulk of that being a complete re-doing of the campaigns climax.

BTW: a volunteer or two who can quickly record some brit lines for me would be  welcome.gif

send me a PM if you like to try your hand.

EDIT: for the record an attempt to contact me was made but with my hectic schedule, i never noticed it.

The AI in the latest release seems to be blind compared to the AI in the demo. I've messed around with putting squads in different locations, and they often don't fire until they've broken each other's lines, especially in towns (Not big ones, either: Provins).

"If anyone is interested in helping to finish Phase 1 to a finished state, please contact us by leaving a message on the forum (link is mentioned below)."

I don't have an account on the I44 forum, but if this is the final code release, I'd certainly like to iron out some of the bugs. The new effects and everything are great, but the AI engagement ranges are broken, and often, weapons don't fire at the enemy (Flak38 doesn't fire at aircraft, American mortar won't fire at the enemy, even when ordered).

I've been a huge fan of the historical war stuff for OFP, especially the WW2 stuff, for a long time. I'm happy to have a release at all of the I44 mod, but I'm dissapointed with the level of polish it was pushed out the door with. I appreciate it, though, AI bugs notwithstanding, this is still the best WW2 mod out for OFP, hands down.

Well, I have a 300MB file now, and need somewhere to put it.  Suggestions?  I tried http://www.sharebigfile.com/, but the upload stopped after about 50MB, and that took forever.

Hopefully this update will clear up some of the issues some folks are having.

upload files:

http://www.onlinetvrecorder.com/FAQ/more/upload/index.html

----------------

Fast download - Invasion 1944 Alpha - here:

http://www.ofp-arma.cznhl.com/downloads/addons_i1944_mod.php

proberly a stupid question....

some say i am the king in asking stupid questions....

What is next?

Phase 2 with the OFP engine or Armed Assault?

I am afraid that ArmA will not run om my pc sad_o.gif

(AMD 3000+ (1800mhz) 1gbram)

Or is this really the end? sad_o.gif

First of all - big thanks to all those who worked so hard on bringing us this fantastic alpha release - I spent many happy hours in pursuit of fanatical germans with the first demo & I can see many more days blissfully passing mowing down german hordes with this updated release. Quality, whilst not to the satisfaction of some of the makers of the mod, is top notch.

Couple of quick points if I may:

Can I get access to the standard low height grass in the editor? (tried all the ones in the 'environment' tab but all 1.5m+ high) Or is this grass hard coded/complied into the Osterbrook map? Little help here please...

Osterbrook IS laggy (especially with missions with over 25+ a.i. Intially I found the whole thing a bit unplayable - transfering the missions to another map (eg any of the Nordic series) makes for excellent entertainment. Having played with the usual settings I eventually found I could play the Osterbrook map without too much sufferance (thank god for SLI & &950 Gx2!wink_o.gif(tip don't get too confident over AA x2, AF x2)(this is an old game engine after all). To those that argue 'too much lag' (yep I too remember the claim "Inv44 grass & NO lag!" (2 years ago lol)("Never get out of the boat - espically in the bullrushes" (I got lost in there for 40 minutes whilst trying to flush out a stray Kaiser Hat)- look at the quantity of vegetation and ask yourself: have I ever seen OFP this crowded/organic before? If it were possible to strip out a randon half of the veg I think a massive pref. gain would be possible. Personally I'm going to stick with Osterbrook for small Advers. Multiplayer Maps (20 tops).

The Fox holes are a joke right? lol. try getting in one with a mg & craning your neck round the magazine to see the enemy..(tip bring the wife's make up mirror and short stick to mount it on..)

Weaps & sound - outstanding. (have been praying for a Universal Carrier for years though......anyone got one?)(have contemplated theft for Red Orchestra banghead.gif ). One question though: is there a script in the updated mod for telling the MG Gunner & MG Assit Gnr. to hook up? (or does the old work-around one still have to be installed & set up seperately?

Environmental sounds are award worthy.... ta to whoever compiled them.

Once again I'd like to reiterate my thanks & hope that the team might reconsider & be back for Armed Assault (here's hoping the updated engine can handle the extra organics)..... notworthy.gif

edit: oh yeah, if I had one 'quick fix wish'  - I wish the mortar trajectories weren't so godawful flat..

edit: point taken re-MG's - have subsequently witnessed the a.i. set up (with a good tactical sense of predication & direction) an MG on their own and decimate my platoon .. good job. (ever since 1.90 they've hated my guts anyway, so now it's personal). I'd just have liked a commander option to 'set-up & f*ck-up' in te squad action menus.