Sign in to follow this  
astatine

Invasion 1944 Alpha Relased

Thank you for your long efforts of all current and former members of Invasion 44 team! It's just the WWII stuff I've been waiting for! Although you call it an incompleted Mod, we know how hard it is to make a perfect Mod and it seems nothing could be called perfect no matter how they are good.

I'm guessing that with ArmA you guys could get a new team to port these addons to ArmA and improve them a bit. Then with a solid base I guess you guys could also make other planed phases.

A very large thank you goes out to the Inv44 team, current, and existing, for all the hard work you chaps have done, and the inspiration you created for others.

It seems a bit of a anti climax releasing like this, but thats not to say its not worth it, you should all be very proud of what you all did, and i dont think it has gone unnoticed.

Lets hope you can all re organize your efforts and structure in Armed assault and lets hope the engine will provide you with everything you need, instead of creating work-arounds.

All in all, fantastic work, totally worth the wait, and a honorable release by far.

Nick

why does the everthing sounds so sad? sad_o.gif

the movies and pics treuly looks promossing from the start....

i am now downloading.

why does everybody waits for ArmA?

Will orginal OFP bleed to dead?

with this alpha release i'm saying goodbye to OFP,

I'm really sorry things went this way but their was no other option.

I hope you guys all enjoy(ed) the release as is.

I didnt agreed of releasing, but looks like some other guys did. Feels like a baby thats ript from my arms and trowned away in the dark. 5 Years I spend all my free time and effort in this mod, really sad we had to do it like this.

Anyway, I would like to thank all you guys from the community, who knows till again, Goodbye huh.gif

Cheers,

Marcel

Well it was a very ambitious mod with high goals and you guys did produce some of the best looking addons out there , so its really sad that the I44 team never got the time to finish it after all the amazing screens that was shown over the years . But we´re all very thankfull that the team decided to release what they did finish and most of the addons are really amazing even at this stage , so no one will ever doubt that a lot of effort was put into this mod . The only thing Im disappointed with is the number of addons that didnt make it like the king tigers but that was maybe to much to ask for , but good luck with whatever you guys decide to do and I hope we´ll see something for Armed Assault in the future .

bit of a beast that after all the years and pics etc half of the addons wernt released and its unfinished.

Oh well pretty good pack if a little unbalanced due to lack of US armour. Loving the explosions though look a bit like company of heroes ones. Strange that on some houses bullets and shells go right through them Oo

It seems like a large chapter of my OFP time has come to a close with this release. Since joining the mod, I saw it at its highs and lows, and believe me, we had both. There were periods when we were rolling... things were coming out left and right and releases seemed imminent... and then it would all peter out again.

I should apologize for my role in the limits of the mod... the coding and scripting was my doing, and honestly some parts of it never saw enough attention. It should be playable in MP (it was in brief test sessions w/ my brother), but there may be bad script bugs. Some vehicles never were coded properly (although the men and the weapons should be... think the vehicles were most lacking). One of the big disadvantages to working in a team is that most of what was at one time an innovation has since been replicated, in better quality, by other community members. I truly believe most of my work could be replaced by superior work from the rest of you guys.

I do hope you all get some enjoyment from our work. I do hope to see some form of I44 continue development for ArmA, and I hope to be a part of that as well. Oh, and I also hope y'all enjoy the rather incomplete CoC campaign.

thumbs-up.gif

I've really quite been looking forward to this mod, so downloading was something I did quickly. However, after creating a modfolder with the appropriate name and everything, I discovered that start up does not work!

I tried it through other mods such as FDF and ECP as well, but every time I try to run OFP with I44 the start up crashes.

Anyone found anything similiar, or have a word of advice?

If you post some details about how you named the folder and set up the mod shortcut, it may help. It should usually be installed in an I44mod folder in the OFP directory. Also, it will not work if you try to run ECP or FDF at the same time... there is an I44 BIN folder which will conflict with any mod which has its own BIN. Also are there any error messages?

I don't believe that version was fully updated with the newest code... should only be minor changes, but BACK UP first. Also, there is one more mission in the CoC campaign now.

Download I44_Update.rar

If this causes problems, esp. w/ the campaign, let me know immediately and I'll kill this link. Thanks,

Canukausiuka

It's a shame you guys are giving up on it. In a way, it actually reminds me of the Airborne forces who fought at Arnhem; who fought hard and who were so close to suceeding, but in the end were forced to surrender.

Quote[/b] ]Oh well pretty good pack if a little unbalanced due to lack of US armour.

US armour?

Yeah, there's not supposed to be any Allied (US or British) armor, since this is Phase I, Arnhem. The tanks never made it that far. So have fun killing Panthers and Tigers with that little 6-pounder (or if you're up for a challenge, the PIAT or Bazooka). biggrin_o.gif

It's a shame you guys are giving up on it. In a way, it actually reminds me of the Airborne forces who fought at Arnhem; who fought hard and who were so close to suceeding, but in the end were forced to surrender.
Quote[/b] ]Oh well pretty good pack if a little unbalanced due to lack of US armour.

US armour?

You know..the big things with tracks on'em...pointy things out the front??... smile_o.gif

Yeah, I know what a tank/armour is, I was just pointing out that I could have sworn 30 Corps (ie: the only armour in OMG) was British...

I'm sorry to hear the news, guys. Thank you for all the work you put into the Mod, and for releasing it to us.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do, now that you've freed yourself from the pressures of modding.

Its so sad to hear u guys stop working on this splendid mod , but i understand why. The work you guys have done is awesome thanks for it.

Well i got nothing better to say for now.

Cheers for all of you guys!

Snuffy.

wink_o.gif

New:

Waffen SS

Heer

Fallschirmjaeger

British Airborne

82ABN (from demo, for compatibility reasons)

Panther G

Stug III G

Stuh G

Kubelwagens

Opel Blitz

Several machineguns, mortars and AT weapons (including an american 57mm one)

C47

Horsa glider

Oosterbeek island

New effects

Custom GUI

Voice acting

Changed command system (removed sounds)

And probably some other stuff that I forgot.

I may miss a few things here and there, but this list should be pretty complete. Note that some things may not be complete, or coded, or modelled. This is just the stringtable, and some things may have been disabled along the way, but it should be a good guide.

Quote[/b] ]

Soldiers:

Quote[/b] ]

American:

AB Rifleman (M1 Garand)

AB Officer

AB NCO

AB Grenadier

AB Rifleman (M1 Carbine)

AB Rifleman (M1903A4)

AB Soldier (M1A1 Thompson)

AB Soldier (M3A1 Greasegun)

AB BAR Gunner

AB Machinegunner

AB Bazooka Launcher

AB Medic

AB Gun Crew

British:

AB Rifleman (SMLE)

AB Sniper

AB NCO

AB Officer

AB Soldier (Sten MkII)

AB Soldier (Sten MkV)

AB Soldier (Thompson)

AB PIAT

AB Bren MkI Gunner

AB Rifleman (Gammon)

AB Medic

AB Gun Crew

German:

WH Schütze (K98k)

WH Offizier

WH Unteroffizier

WH Grenadier

WH Schütze (MP40)

WH Schütze (MP44)

WH MG34

WH MG42

WH MG42 Dreifuß

WH Schütze (Panzerfaust)

WH Schütze (Panzerschreck)

WH Schütze (K98k Zf42)

WH Schütze (K43)

WH Schütze (K43 Zf4)

WH Scharfschütze (K98k Zf42)

WH Scharfschütze (K43 Zf4)

WH Arzt

WH Panzer Besatzung

WH Geschütz Besatzung

WH Panzerführer

WH Panzerkanonier

WH Panzerfahrer

SS Schütze (K98k)

SS Offizier

SS Unteroffizier

SS Grenadier

SS Schütze (MP40)

SS Schütze (MP44)

SS MG34

SS MG42

SS MG42 Dreifuß

SS Schütze (Panzerfaust)

SS Schütze (Panzerschreck)

SS Schütze (K98k Zf42)

SS Schütze (K43)

SS Schütze (K43 Zf4)

SS Schütze (Steel)

SS Scharfschütze (K98k Zf42)

SS Scharfschütze (K43 Zf4)

SS Arzt

SS Panzer Besatzung

SS Geschütz Besatzung

SS Panzerführer

SS Panzerkanonier

SS Panzerfahrer

FJ Schütze (K98k)

FJ Unteroffizier

FJ Offizier

FJ Grenadier

FJ Schütze (MP40)

FJ Schütze (MP44)

FJ Schütze (FG42)

FJ Schütze (FG42 Zf4)

FJ MG34

FJ MG42

FJ MG42 Dreifuß

FJ Schütze (Panzerfaust)

FJ Schütze (Panzerschreck)

FJ Schütze (K98k Zf42)

FJ Schütze (K43)

FJ Schütze (K43 Zf4)

FJ Scharfschütze (K98k Zf42)

FJ Scharfschütze (K43 Zf4)

FJ Arzt

FJ Geschütz Besatzung

LW Schütze (K98k)

LW Unteroffizier

LW Offizier

LW Grenadier

LW Schütze (MP40)

LW Schütze (MP44)

LW MG34

LW MG42

LW MG42 Dreifuß

LW Schütze (Panzerfaust)

LW Schütze (Panzerschreck)

LW Schütze (K98k Zf42)

LW Schütze (K43)

LW Schütze (K43 Zf4)

LW Scharfschütze (K98k Zf42)

LW Scharfschütze (K43 Zf4)

LW Arzt

LW FlaK Besatzung

Weapons:

Quote[/b] ]

American:

M1 Garand

M1 Garand + M7

M1 Carbine

M1903A3 Springfield

M1903A4 Springfield

M1A1 Thompson

M3 Greasegun

M3A1 Greasegun

M1918A2 BAR

M1919A4 .30cal

M9 Bazooka

M1911A1 Colt

Mk. II Handgrenade

British:

Lee Enfield No.4

Lee Enfield No.4 (T)

Sten Mk. II

Sten Mk. V

PIAT

Bren Mk. I

Bren Mk. II

Vickers MMG

Vickers GO No.1 Mk. I

M36 Handgrenade

No.82 Grenade

Webley Mk. VI

German:

K98k

K98k Zf41

K98k Zf42

K98k + G.Gr.Ger.

K43

K43 Zf4

MP40

MP44

FG42

FG42 Zf4

MG42

MG42 Tripod

MG34

Panzerfaust 30

Panzerfaust 60

Panzerfaust 100

RPzB 54

Stielhandgranate 24

Eihandgranate 39

P38 Walther

P08 Luger

American (Heavy):

M2HB .50 cal

37mm M3 L/45

60mm M2

British (Heavy):

57mm QF Mk. IV L/50

German (Heavy):

75mm KwK 42 L/70

88mm KwK 36 L/56

88mm FlaK 36 L/56

88mm KwK 43 L/71

128mm PaK 44 L/55

75mm PaK 40 L/48

75mm StuK 40 L/48

105mm leFH 18 L/28

105mm StuH 42 L/28

20mm FlaK 38 L/55

81mm Gr.W. 34

Vehicles:

Quote[/b] ]

American Vehicles:

AB M3A1

AB Willys MB

AB Willys MB Ammo

AB Willys MB M2HB

AB GMC Truck

C47

British Vehicles:

AB Jeep MB

AB Jeep MB VGO

Dakota

Horsa

German Vehicles:

Pz.Kpfw. VI Ausf. E

Stu.G. III Ausf. G

Stu.H. 42 Ausf. G

Sd.Kfz. 251/1 Ausf. D

Kfz. 1

Kfz. 1 (Closed)

Opel Blitz

American Static Weapons:

AB M2HB

AB M1919A4

AB M3 37mm

AB M2 60mm Mortar

British Static Weapons:

AB 6 Pounder Mk. IV

AB Vickers

German Static Weapons:

MG42 (Schwer)

Gr.W. 34

20mm FlaK 38

Of course, we also have new scripts, effects, voices, campaigns, missions, GUI, etc. JdB beat me to the punch there, but I guess this is a bit more complete. There may be some legacy code in there... I added several vehicles before taking them out because they were not even close to release, and their weapons/ammo are still coded in.

wink_o.gif

Edit: I feel like clarifying on compatibility with the I44 demo... there is none. End of story. The units are there, but you will pretty much have to do a classname change to get them converted, or (at your risk), attempt to run the demo and the mod at the same time to convert them. The classname structure of the demo was pre OFPEC-standard tagging, so it was thrown out.

Between CSLA 2, Tonal Redux, and Invasion 44, I have no idea how I'm going to study for the test I have at the end of this week biggrin_o.gif

Thank you very much for the hard work put into this mod guys biggrin_o.gif

JdB

And what about Bf109 you developed ?

105mm leFH 18 L/28

20mm FlaK 38 L/55

interesting... Can anyone post the screenies ?

JdB

And what about Bf109 you developed ?

105mm leFH 18 L/28

20mm FlaK 38 L/55

interesting... Can anyone post the screenies ?

The BF109 isn't in (Germans didn't have any airpower worth mentioning), 105 LeFH isn't either (no artillery support system in the campaign) and the Flak38 is included, but the mapping on the model leaves much to be desired.

Oh man I love the sounds and the explosion effects top notch stuff. I also love the recoils, too bad you guys are done.