Sign in to follow this  
astatine

Invasion 1944 Alpha Relased

Can one use the weapons without running the mod, btw? Doing some custom stuff, and well... Brits seem to like their Lee-Enfields! crazy_o.gif

Invasion 1944 is a Total Conversion mod. It is designed to be run in it's own modfolder. Any other use than as a "Total Conversion" is not fully supported, as it doesn't work in the same way as an addonpack that you download.

The units require the weapons addons to be there, but the weapons themselves should not require anything.

Having said that, I don't see the point in making them work outside of the "I44mod" folder, as you will not be able to release them without permission/use them in a mission.

Yeah, short of you doing a lot of config-playing, its not possible to seperate any of I44's addons from the mod. Its possible, but would be a royal pain in the ass wink_o.gif

Configging some weapons... shouldn't be a problem. Plus, it's mainly photography (PMC with Lee-Enfield? Don't ask...) anyways, so it doesn't actually need to work. tounge2.gif

Thanks for the answer anyways... now if I could just get around installing the mod... whistle.gif

Cheers Canukausiuka, it's these that I'm after. Much obliged thumbs-up.gif

any other mirrors besides OFP.info, there server is way to slow(Anyone no why?) , and the other server is broken or somthing.

Afraid not, it seems most sites didn't notice the last release. We are in talks of doing an interview with ofpc.de/armed-assault.de (a positive, non-graphical one in english this time), so I'll see if one of them wants to upload it to their server.

DARN! do you have any idea what is up with the OFP.info server, FTP one sucks, FTP2 is ok but they didnt make an FTP2 option for 2.5

I have no idea, questions like that should be directed to the OFP.info site team.

Edit: I asked, and they say they discontinued the 2nd FTP due to excessive bandwidth usage/server renting costs.

Sorry for doublepost.

A fast mirror (thanks to Mr. Burns of ofpc.de/armed-assault.de).

[Alpha 2.5]

HELP! Ive downloaded the mod because im a fan of ww2 (wish their was a time machine) lol anyways when ever i try to start the gameup it says error config cpp.

Anyone have this also?

If you can post some information about your install and the exact error message you're getting, maybe we can help.

For instance, what is the target line of your mod shortcut?

What folder did you install I44 to?

And the exact text of the error.

And hopefully we can get you up and running asap. smile_o.gif

Hey guys, I know this mod is final but did you guys happen to re do any of the american models? I noticed in the readme something about reskinnings. No one has done a good american paratrooper since your first release. Just a question. Shame about this mod falling apart - top notch what has been released - favorite models.

Hey guys, I know this mod is final but did you guys happen to re do any of the american models?

No, they're just included for compatibility reasons wink_o.gif (the classnames have changed since the demo, so they wouldn't have worked anymore with the new configsystem)

And yes, this release has indeed fallen apart, at least from the overambitious plans that were made sad_o.gif

well...i know this thread has been dead for a while but there are some of us that just keep playing this mod...

there will never be another generation like the soldiers who fought in WWII...we lose about a thousand veterans a day now...and it won't be long before they are all gone...but their actions will never be forgotten....in all the horrors of war these men knew that it was a war that had to be fought...there were numerious heroic deeds these men achieved yet, if you actually had the opportunity to talk to a Veteran they didn't consider themselves hero's...they would say they were there for a job...a common goal that had to be achieved for the world...

i know a member of the 82nd airborne and he doesn't have much time left...so thank every veteran you see because without them we would not have the freedom we all sometimes take for granted...

Very nice words Jarvo smile_o.gif

Maybe it suits more in the Lib Mod thread, but when I saw jarvo9's post I couldn't help myself. One of my Grandmothers uncles have gone through all of the war, only to be killed near Berlin, a day before it all ended. The soldiers of the Red Army have gone from defeat to victory, they faced the bulk of the Nazi war machine and turned the tide of the war. As written above there are so few of those veterans left... Thanks to all who fought, on all fronts, we're here because of you.

Quote[/b] ] The soldiers of the Red Army have gone from defeat to victory, they faced the bulk of the Nazi war machine and turned the tide of the war. As written above there are so few of those veterans left... Thanks to all who fought, on all fronts, we're here because of you.

Staline sent a lot of them to the goulag after the victory...so yes, there's only a few of them left !

why would soldiers be inprisoned after such a feat!! Damn they got the raw end of the deal there no way to win

Just a little extact (from wikipedia) :

Quote[/b] ]Returning Soviet soldiers who had surrendered were viewed with suspicion and some were killed. According to historian Alan Bullock:

“ The huge number of Russian troops taken prisoner in the first eighteen months of the war convinced Stalin that many of them must have been traitors who had deserted at the first opportunity. Any soldier who had been a prisoner was henceforth suspect … All such, whether generals, officers, or ordinary soldiers, were sent to special concentration camps where the NKVD investigated them … Twenty percent were sentenced to death or twenty-five years in camps; only 15 to 20 percent were allowed to return to their homes. The remainder were condemned to shorter sentences (five to ten years), to exile in Siberia, and forced labor - or were killed or died on the way home.

And

Quote[/b] ]Of the 5.7 million Soviet prisoners of war captured by the Germans, 3.5 million had died while in German captivity by the end of the war. The survivors on their return to the USSR were treated as traitors (see Order No. 270). Over 1.5 million surviving Red Army soldiers imprisoned by the Germans may have been sent to the Gulag.

Without talking about the polish that did fight against the Nazis and that were sent to the Gulag once "liberated" by the Soviets...