Sign in to follow this  
Brag

Trouble Shooting Forum

I'm in the United States and I've manage to get my hands on a czech copy.

I'm getting dropped to the desktop as soon as the game loads and goes to the main menu. I shouldn't be having these problems. Updated video drivers, Updated Windows, Updated DirectX, updated sound, and updated system.

This game also has textures missing on units at times and the tree's turn into blocky figures everyonce in a while. This certainly is a application issue because majority of the time the game looks gorgeous, but it's just every 5min I'll spot something deformed or something with the terrain.

My system is:

Nvidia 7950 GX2

Core 2 Duo E6700

2GB Ram

X-Fi Sound Card

24in lcd @ 1920 x 1600

I just need to be pointed in the right direction on where to find help ...

To clarify: I've played the game twice for 2 LUCKY hours and the other 6 hours have been "trying to fix it". Just got it ...

Exception Code: 0xc0000005

The game was released Friday in Czech stores, how did it get to America in 3 days?

Address my issue please. Where is the trooble shooting forum.

But if you must know DHL Express does wonders ... You even got guys riding 10 hours to pick it up and guys catching flights to get it because you failed to release it in the states. So it it shouldn't be a suprise that some from US would have a copy. I might be one of the first .. who knows

You guys are gloating about your sales on your site but what about the support. You rather create a squad forum and such rather than support ... This game is buggy ... starforce doesn't help either

The troubleshooting forum for the Czech version of the game is here.

HAHA! .... Nice one Placebo!  wink_o.gif

Moral: Learn Czech or wait!

HAHA! .... Nice one Placebo!  wink_o.gif

Moral: Learn Czech or wait!

No Moral here . I'll just let one of my czech buds check the forum out. In the end i'll get it to work. ...

OFP has it's troubleshooting section I just thought it would be the same format as the ofp threads are.

So the moral is I'm playing it now and not 4-6 months from now. I'll take the bugs and all just to play. Been playing since 1st version of ofp coldwar in 2001 so bugs are the norm. wink_o.gif

Also RedKit,my czech version is no longer czech thanks to sickboy's "how to change from czech to english" so you can wait until the cows come home but you can catch me on the battlefield.

i really wich you good luck to solve the problems :\

should exist a english thread though for these matters.

good luck.

edit: .. while we wait till december :P

Also RedKit,my czech version is no longer czech thanks to sickboy's "how to change from czech to english"

Maybe that's the problem, you broke something in the process?

You might also want to try some 3rd party video drivers, like DHzer0point. I've always had a bunch of problems with regular nvidia drivers and surprisingly, installing DHzer0point driver fixed most of them.

Also RedKit,my czech version is no longer czech thanks to sickboy's "how to change from czech to english"

Maybe that's the problem, you broke something in the process?

You might also want to try some 3rd party video drivers, like DHzer0point. I've always had a bunch of problems with regular nvidia drivers and surprisingly, installing DHzer0point driver fixed most of them.

Nah, it did this before I edited the bin.pbo and language.pbo.

I doubt you can break something though by switching two words in each files. That's how easy it is to make your copy English.

Also RedKite, my czech version is no longer czech thanks to sickboy's "how to change from czech to english"  so you can wait until the cows come home but you can catch me on the battlefield.

That's fine, enjoy your copy! Just don't forget to post all bugs here!  biggrin_o.gif  ... I'm not envious but I am curious to know how it runs and what issues there are!

I wish you luck and look forward to your feedback .... Seriously!  wink_o.gif

Maybe that's a new regional protection system from BI rofl.gif

If you are from US, you can use only US version biggrin_o.gif

Maybe that's a new regional protection system from BI rofl.gif

If you are from US, you can use only US version biggrin_o.gif

lol funny, maybe so. doubt it though. My other buds are all over the world with the czech copy and I'm the only one.

Quote[/b] ]Core 2 Duo E6700

Maybe Arma has problems with dual core?

Can you change a setting so your CPU is running on single core?

I put that code in google and everyone's saying that that particular error is either a graphics driver issue or memory issue related to their particular program

But if you must know DHL Express does wonders ... You even got guys riding 10 hours to pick it up and guys catching flights to get it because you failed to release it in the states. So it it shouldn't be a suprise that some from US would have a  copy. I might be one of the first .. who knows

Way to go Brag and I will admitt...

It's getting harder by the minute to resist the German release even if I understand zero German and DHL most likely found another Express customer!

To bad we can't order an International version and I wished BIS picked a different approach on all this but at least ArmA is released and some of you are busy enjoying it smile_o.gif

Hope you get the issue sorted ASAP and judging by BIS previous track record I'm confident they will fix any issue that arrise just like they did with OFP but it won't happen over night...

/KC

Thanks for helping us other Americans look bad with your comments.

Thanks for helping us other Americans look bad with your comments.

How do I make other Americans look bad?

Because I got the game and asking for support? As an American, you ought to be mad at BIS because while us American guys are sitting on our hands Europe is enjoying this game.

.. what are you talking about. please dont throw this thread off.

Our love for the game has not being taken seriously.

Sad to read some responses to Brags post.

I put that code in google and everyone's saying that that particular error is either a graphics driver issue or memory issue related to their particular program

might be an MEMORY problem ... try to take your ram out and change the sockets where they are placed.

if you still get the problems take RAM Blocks out and test it with 1GB (or 512 depending on your blocks). and if you want your RAM checked use this MEMTEST86+

very good tool for testing your RAM before startup. Had a Ram Problem too and needed to change the FSB settings to solve it.

Do you run your RAM in DUAL MODE ? and how much RAM does your mainboard support ?

before testing all that ... does this only happen with ArmA ? and can you be sure about that ... because if you have 2 GB it might only happen when a GAME or something else is running that really uses alot of RAM ... because their can be a problem with the MOEMORY and you will have no probs under Windows... only after hours maybe.

good luck with the prob.

If you import a version of the game not intended for your region/market you do so at your own risk, if you make unauthorised or unapproved modifications to the game and its files you do so at your own risk.

There will not be a troubleshooting forum created until the German version is released, the Czech version has its own troubleshooting forum.

However what I will say is feel free to post your troubleshooting issue in the Czech troubleshooting forum, Medvidek is specifically tasked with providing troubleshooting support, if he takes pity on you and provides support in English then so be it.