Sign in to follow this  
neonblack

Tonal Insurgency 03

I'm not sure which forum this would go under, but this seems to be the closest one. But anyway, I'm stuck on the third mission of the Tonal Insurgency campaign, and I need help.

How the fucking hell do you beat it? You start out way away from your squad, which gets totally wiped out pretty quick, and I can't get past the first objective. confused_o.gif

What do you do from the start of the mission and from that point forward to the end?

what i do is just before you get to the base on the creaste of the hill disembark everyone who can fight with there hands get the jeep mg, and drivers ready to move out snipe out the enemy jeep gunners, advance your foot guys towards the base, then when they are fighting move the jeeps closer make sure your man takes down the t55, call in airstrike from su25 or mi24.. to get that option get out your vehicle.. its really easy.

edit, ok im talking about a totaly differnt thing, nevermind tht..

Insurgency 03 huh.gif?

Ammo Dump? huh.gif

The best way to beat that mission is to play it in MP with less a clay-pigeon´ish team than the AI´s tounge2.gif

Well i beat the mision 3 days ago. (i was stuck on it also on the original BAS one)

What i found out is that you must make sure you have that 1 vehicle left alive out of your entire squad. Also do not engage into the part of town where you start. Rather make sure you kill all enemy you see form the spot you start. After your squad is killed and the vehicle is left alive. You should have command of the remaining two men in the vehicle. Well here's where it starts. You are basically a one man team with only the vehicle as ammo storage and ocassional cover fire.

Do not send in the vehicle anywhere but keep it at a safe distance of any attacks. Also search a lot for enemies in houses through your binocs and shoot them from far ranges. Less chance of getting shot to pieces by them. And here's the tricky part. Make your way of advance through the right side of town where your squad got fragged. Advance slow and use lots and i do mean lots of nades and RPG's. But use the RPG's the most on the MG's in the distance. Once they are down you have a lot more freedom around town.

Basically how to beat this mission is Recon by fire!

Cheerio,

Xâ„¢ (stuck on the mission in junky town, they just keep coming......out of ammo....help..... ) crazy_o.gif

OK thanks... biggrin_o.gif

Still haven't beaten the mission, but I've made it to the point where you blow up the second ammo dump. Far away but closer still... ^_^

yea its the original BAS campaign for Tonal, much more interesting playing with Redux

As a further tip, once your team has (inevitably...) been shot to bits EITHER find the radio yourself OR get any surviving team members (the vehicle crew, usually) to pick the radio up and bring it to you. The Su25 on "precision" is a very good way of taking care of the 2 12.7mm MGs, but you sometimes have to go up there and finish things off with satchel charges yourself. Take the satchels from the ammo dumps BEFORE you blow them up.

Personally, I like to start by going up to the ridgeline and picking off the militants directly ahead of the squad. I then snurgle around the corner of the buildings, attack the 7-8 (I forget exactly how many...) in the guard team using my one hand grenade and cautious use of the S&W then briefly use the dead sniper's Mosin Nagant on his erstwhile colleagues. After that (I'm usually team leader by now owing to the premature demise of the original boss) I do as was suggested earlier. Don't forget to pilfer the enemy ammo stores before destroying them, though.

The way I did it was to immediately head to the right to the edge of the farthest north building. Look at the hill where your squad is moving up towards, there should be about 3 guys hiding behind the houses there. Take them out to help a bit with your guys, and then head back to where you started. Now head into the city a bit and you'll find about 6 enemies standing on a sort of 3-4 level wall that goes down the hill (It's about where it says "Guards" on the map). Kill those guys while staying low (you'll be getting shot at by the DShKs), and one of the guys will have a Mosin-Nagant. Pick that up and use it to take out the DShK gunners (If possible) and take out any RPG men you see so that your armored car will survive. Stay there using the Mosin-Nagant and your scoped FN FAL to take out anybody else you can see.

Eventually you'll get command of whats left of your squad, make sure the armored car survives, and if it starts to get shot at, just eject the two soldiers in it so that you can at least use it. Then try to get the armored car to cover you a bit while you advance (if anyone is left to sit in the gun [try moving the armored car up near the hill you started on, or by where you found the mosin-nagant for a good view of the city]), if you can find the radio, try to use some CAS now. From there on out, it's really up to you to advance through the ruins and take out the men hiding in the houses, thats the hardest part, and I recommend using your one save before heading into the ruins smile_o.gif

Edit:

Personally, I like to start by going up to the ridgeline and picking off the militants directly ahead of the squad. I then snurgle around the corner of the buildings, attack the 7-8 (I forget exactly how many...) in the guard team using my one hand grenade and cautious use of the S&W then briefly use the dead sniper's Mosin Nagant on his erstwhile colleagues. After that (I'm usually team leader by now owing to the premature demise of the original boss) I do as was suggested earlier. Don't forget to pilfer the enemy ammo stores before destroying them, though.

Heh, very similar tactics ThudBlunder wink_o.gif