Sign in to follow this  
stingfish74

can someone who has arma confirm snipers

ive searched, and it suprises me that i cant find a confirmation of snipers with ghillie suits?

does anyone know if ARMA has ghillie suits for snipers?

All guys i've seen carrying sniper rifles dont have ghillie's or cammo, just some boonies. They should have left the boonies for some of the SF models and made some ghillies, it would make sense since Arma features increased world detail.

Didnt saw ghillie suit on any pics, its a shame in game with such a environment, distance view and ballistics. Add it to "community_will_create_it" list tounge2.gif

I think you can be virtually assured of the fact that the community will make ghillies. It's a foregone conclusion, in fact. Snipers have been and always will be a popular part of the OFP/ArmA unit line up.

you know what would be great? is if someone who has the game, could possibly take screen shots of every playable unit in ArmA. Sure its a big undertaking, especially as they probabaly just wanna play the game themselves crazy_o.gif

But im sure a lot of folk without the game would appreciate them doing that!  biggrin_o.gif

Here you can see how ArmA sniper looks like.

S. paste from ArmA pics thread.

I think that sniper outfit is reasonable for the game.

I don't always need to look like a wookie in order to be a sniper in game biggrin_o.gif

I think that sniper outfit is reasonable for the game.

I don't always need to look like a wookie in order to be a sniper in game biggrin_o.gif

True, plus the island of Sahrani offers a wide range of environments - some if which are probably barren enough that a ghillie suit woudl appear out of place.

Consider this,the US and South Sahrani forces mostly stay in South Sahrani,south Sahrani climate is tropical and barren,northen section is more european,full of dense forests and vast grasslands.

Would a ghillie suit really help you in a desert enviroment? Storyline following,the US wasn't really expecting the north to raid,they were just there for training sessions.

IMHO gillie suit should be optional but it definitely should be in game.

guillie suits are used all over the world, its just their colour that changes, they are used in desert (where they become thinner and sand coloured) and in urban environments where they reflect different shapes (more linear and man made)

like ive said before it would be good to have both variations of uniform such as...

sniper in normal ACU

sniper in guillie suit

these would work in the traditional 2 man teams

then personally id like these to avoid the inaccuracies...

marksman

designated marksman (which would work in the squad role)

now although the only difference in game would usually just be a different weapon, im of the opinion that the definition and work of a sniper is being marred by everyone using the name sniper to mean anything (most annoying such as some people calling helicopter fire cover "sniper cover" with a minigun

yer ok i might be being a bit anal about the issue, but then again i dont call a mechanic a technician because hes got a different spanner than everyone else, hes got to know how to use it properly to be called a technician.

bootneckofficer

...these would work in the traditional 2 man teams

then personally id like these to avoid the inaccuracies...

marksman

designated marksman (which would work in the squad role)

now although the only difference in game would usually just be a different weapon, im of the opinion that the definition and work of a sniper is being marred by everyone using the name sniper to mean anything (most annoying such as some people calling helicopter fire cover "sniper cover" with a minigun

yer ok i might be being a bit anal about the issue, but then again i dont call a mechanic a technician because hes got a different spanner than everyone else, hes got to know how to use it properly to be called a technician.

bootneckofficer

Have to agree with you on that one.

Its an easy problem to avoid, but being a "sniper" just sounds so glamourous, so everyone wants to do it confused_o.gif

I also agree in that I would have liked to have seen more emphasis on the "team element" of snipers. The lone wolf doctrine always seems to stalk the whole sniper aspect of the game.

I also agree in that I would have liked to have seen more emphasis on the "team element" of snipers. The lone wolf doctrine always seems to stalk the whole sniper aspect of the game.

you mean like the spoter and the shooter?

i would like to see that also, as i mentioned some months ago.

but then some said it could be moded.

so do you guys think someone will create some really nice guille suits for the community post Arma global deployment?

i mean, once the modders get their digital hands on the game they will be able to create them? is this even possible?

i HOPE that BIS allows the community to create the quaility/quantity of mods we have been blessed w/ over the years.

to me, having a assortment of new units, weapons, etc... created by the players is what makes this game standout as 1 of the best ever.

not to mention a forum community always willing to help each other w/ finding solutions and ways to enhance the game, or even help new folks get ramped up on it.

I'm pretty sure someone will make one. With these new textures we might be able to create some great stuff.

I'm sure someone will make your wish come true. smile_o.gif

just because the south sarani's aren't attempting to invade north doesn't mean that snipers dont operate north of the border in an observation role, in which case a ghillie suit would be used. guys running about with m14's in and boonie hats are not snipers. and they do use ghillie suits in desert areas, it's not like they wear woodland ghillies in the desert is it.