Sign in to follow this  
Ian Malcolm

ArmA Photography - Questions&Comments

ArmA Photography thread is now full of "chit chat". What about discussing those screens here? smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Yeah. Show us the wildlife! biggrin_o.gif

Ian why dont you give us Your firs impresions about ArmA, is it what You expected ? Any major problem ? Did you find any great new features that BIS didnt talk about before release ? What do you thing about gamplay and potential of ArmA ?

There is not much wildlife. As far i could see seagulls, hawks and various insects, including butterflies. No mammals or marsupials though :P

What about the rabbits and I though there were to be sheep too? Is this just 'hot air' then or maybe they will be added with updates?  smile_o.gif

No bunnies to shoot at. huh.gif

A good shot of some APCs cargo interior would be in order, we still haven't seen those.

No bunnies to shoot at. huh.gif

A good shot of some APCs cargo interior would be in order, we still haven't seen those.

I could go for a good shot of anything.

I have'nt got a question specifically about the screenshots, but what I want to know from somebody that's played the game is the behaviour of AI vehicles, especially the tanks.

I asked this question yesterday but did'nt get an answer, if somebody could please enlighten me...

"Also can somebody that's played the game confirm the behaviour of AI vehicles, please, please tell me they dont do a dance when they see the enemy, please tell me the tanks dont do an eight point turn on the spot when they see danger - I'd love it if you told me when they meet superior forces they reverse out of trouble to find cover, firing as they go..."

smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Mr. Placebo could you make these threds Pinned.

-ArmA Photography Thred

-ArmA Photography - Questions&Comments

-ArmA Video Thred

so there easy to find.

Guest Ti0n3r

There is not much wildlife. As far i could see seagulls, hawks and various insects, including butterflies. No mammals or marsupials though :P

What about sheep and/or rabbits?

Mr. Placebo could you make these threds Pinned.

-ArmA Photography Thred

-ArmA Photography - Questions&Comments

-ArmA Video Thred

so there easy to find.

I've put in a request!  wink_o.gif

_I think_ the sheep and rabbits are in VBS1, not in ArmA.

It said there would be sheep in arma and in a screenshot in the distance far far away you could see what looked to be like sheep which confimed it, but we dont have close ups of the sheep.

what?

But both rabbits and sheep were stated to be there by BI

come on we need seep, we need sheep, we need sheep (god im starting to sound like a cowboy whos been away from his friends tooo long)

Hey Guys, this is funny but only for a moment, please dont turn every important (imho) topic into joke/offtopic .

In an interview about ArmA (can't remember which), Placebo let slip in a question about the wildlife AI and how sheep would normally heard together but panic and scatter when disturbed! He could have been drunk at the time but he never denied the sheep statement later!  tounge2.gif

I read today that they at BIS are still tuning the wildlife thing and they gonna add it to newer versions and hand out a patch for older versions.

But dont ask me where I read this, i cant remeber.

Remember the release of OFP back in July? The USA eventually got their release in the September of that year, and the improvements made to the game in the period between the EU release and the US one were wide reaching and improved the game immeasurably. Joystick support? More units for BOTH sides? An updated and expanded campaign? Improved multiplayer capability?

Just think what we'll get in the 2007 edition!

Remember the release of OFP back in July? The USA eventually got their release in the September of that year, and the improvements made to the game in the period between the EU release and the US one were wide reaching and improved the game immeasurably. Joystick support? More units for BOTH sides? An updated and expanded campaign? Improved multiplayer capability?

Yep and numerous patches and updates beyond that, not to mention Resistance! With this reputation for continuous support and improvements, fear not of missing content and be confident in the knowledge that much will be tweaked!   wink_o.gif